• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

How is nobody talking about Jones who was even in it until 16 smacked him silly??

Because as someone who was pulling for him, it's to painful to talk about how 16 killed his chances. Felt like the Portland Open all over again. :(

Had he birdied 16, he'd still have been trailing, but he'd have still been in contention with 2 holes to play. Not saying it would have changed the outcome at all, but we'll never know.

At the very least that 2nd OB cost him a spot on the podium with Sexton. :(

Nonetheless, he played really well and was contention pretty much right up until the very end.

That Envy that James has been throwing lately- it's blue and yellow, right? Wonder if he picked that color combo intentionally for the disc he seems to have replaced old "Greenie" with. And I can't believe nobody has made mention of that in any of the coverage I've seen.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I did not care for the spotter(s) on hole 18.
If I were a TD, I don't want the spotters putting on a show.
Do whatever it takes for the players/crowd/camera to see the signal and that's it.

Let the "get off my lawn!" references commence. :D

It reminded me of something from Happy Gilmore. :|

That Envy that James has been throwing lately- it's blue and yellow, right? Wonder if he picked that color combo intentionally for the disc he seems to have replaced old "Greenie" with. And I can't believe nobody has made mention of that in any of the coverage I've seen.

Except the crew on the live coverage.

I confess I'm a Paul fan and bummed he didn't pull off #6! But I'm also happy for James and admit this was an insane finish to an overall solid 2021 Worlds.

A couple things on James:
1) I'd still love to see what magic he could conjure throwing premium plastic Ions!
2) But his mix of base and premium plastic Envy throwing is dang impressive.
3) His jump putt is still just as ugly to me with gyro, and I really wish I could have watched the final round without seeing any JC jump putts. I don't know why, but KJ-usa's isn't quite as unpleasant for me to watch. At any rate, one of the unexpected things this Worlds did was remind me that I still don't like jump putts in general. Let's go bump some other thread to get that discussion going again...

I saw this on the local groups FB page...

208814282_2568474763460123_364894319589403439_n.jpg

This one made me laugh...

208293871_4375975142447403_8151053567172134320_n.jpg

I confess I'm a Paul fan and bummed he didn't pull off #6! But I'm also happy for James and admit this was an insane finish to an overall solid 2021 Worlds.

A couple things on James:
1) I'd still love to see what magic he could conjure throwing premium plastic Ions!
2) But his mix of base and premium plastic Envy throwing is dang impressive.
3) His jump putt is still just as ugly to me with gyro, and I really wish I could have watched the final round without seeing any JC jump putts. I don't know why, but KJ-usa's isn't quite as unpleasant for me to watch. At any rate, one of the unexpected things this Worlds did was remind me that I still don't like jump putts in general. Let's go bump some other thread to get that discussion going again...

I think there ought to be a sticky thread titled "The uncalled foot faults and spit-outs thanks to stupid baskets at the last tourney"

I think there ought to be a sticky thread titled "The uncalled foot faults and spit-outs thanks to stupid baskets at the last tourney"

Foot faults are a thing because they are not called. The fault lies in the card, not the shooter.

Spitouts are a thing, because gravity is.

I say a sticky thread called. "Call infractions and gravity sucks".

From Pauls instagram;

paul_mcbeth

This man threw the greatest shot in disc golf history. @james_conrad_iii as much as it hurts to take 2nd, I am truly happy for you. I know this year you had something to prove.

Huge thank you to everyone who came out to watch in person or tuned in online. I hope we put on a great show!

And from Paiges Insta:

ppierce29190
Verifierat
2021 World Championships. We all waited two years for this chance at making history. I myself fell short of that, but history was without a doubt made! Disc golf shined bright this week and I am so very grateful to have been able to be there to push Catrina on her way to her 2nd world title. With my one stroke advantage going into 18, she knew she had to go for the green and nailed it! I can't imagine the thrill of seeing that green flag, but I can tell you how I felt.

I was on the highest stress level I have ever been at for 45 sustained minutes, but that's exciting for me as an athlete. Those feelings are why I play. Then, watching my approach come out of my hand early was devastating. It felt like my breath was taken away.

This week was about SO much more than my short comings. This was a huge success for the growth of not only disc golf in general, but in women's disc golf. @prodigydisc has a 2x world champion, and I am anxious to see what disc they decide to add that new signature to! If you were watching and cheering Catrina on, make sure you grab one and show her some support, and show Prodigy that giving one of the greatest athletes our sport has seen a signature disc was way overdue!

This next part goes without saying, but I HAVE to say that seeing one of my greatest friends @james_conrad_iii not only win a world title, but to do it in a way that will never be forgotten truly felt like a dream all of us were in together. So happy for you Jamesy��!

That's all for now, but I have many more thoughts. I plan on going live in the next 24 hrs so we can interact and I can let you all in my mind.

Thank you to @discraftdiscgolf I am blown away by you. You all are so supportive of not only me, but for the entire sports' growth. I am excited to get to Michigan next week for some promotion of our next PP mold. The test flight is releasing tomorrow on my site, make sure you check that out!

PS: the ball (disc) never lies. I now know that I missed the triple mando on 10 in round 4. I can promise you, if I would've known in the moment I would have never taken that call. I am certainly not a cheater, and I hope you all can understand how the ruling was made ❤️