• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 MVP Open at Maple Hill (Sep 22 - Sep 25)

And Kristen starts up by beeing the ONLY woman in the field to birdy hole 1. .

It falls short for me, also. A misuse of the term "playoff" really.

Here's a release from the DGPT on how this works...

DGPT Announces Update To 2022 Playoff Events & Tour Championship Qualification Procedures

August 31st, 2022: The first ever DGPT playoff events are just around the corner. As announced earlier in the year, ​​Discraft's Green Mountain Championship (GMC) and the MVP Open at Maple Hill (MVP) will serve as the first events in the inaugural DGPT postseason. These playoff events will be weighted more than Elite Series tournaments with 125 points being awarded to the winner vs the 100 points awarded at a standard Elite Series DGPT event. With more points on the line, these events will decide the final seeding going into the Tour Championship in October.

Thanks. Thats the first and only explanation I've seen about it. Nothing playoffey about it though.

To me European Open, Worlds and USDGC are it. Moolah is great and all but these have prestige.

Glad about 4 rounds at Maple Hill, my favorite course to watch pros on.

Looks like a crappy day on tap, this could very well be a lost day for many players.

Friday and Saturday look better, then rain returns Sunday afternoon, probably just in time for the top cards in MPO.

Guess this favors Raincoat Ricky and the OB Umbrellas.

Someone needs to photoshop that into an album cover. Sounds like a barbershop quartet to me

Thanks. Thats the first and only explanation I've seen about it. Nothing playoffey about it though.

To me European Open, Worlds and USDGC are it. Moolah is great and all but these have prestige.

Glad about 4 rounds at Maple Hill, my favorite course to watch pros on.

The tour championship is more of a play-in than a playoff. I imagine there is a lot of prestige and motivation to make and play in the final championship....not to mention a lot of cash. It seems to mimic the PGA Fed Ex playoffs.

I would argue that the European Championships have a long way to go to reach this level of importance and the USDGC have become irrelevant. With no real opportunity, other that a few thousand golfers paying for DGPT sub, to watch live or post production, the USDGC has lost all importance, IMO. I am not sure who even won last year and will likely no be interested enough to find out who will win this year.

DGPT: Let's make the favorite course of the year a 4 round tournament for the playoffs!

Mother Nature: Nah, thanks though.

The tour championship is more of a play-in than a playoff. I imagine there is a lot of prestige and motivation to make and play in the final championship....not to mention a lot of cash. It seems to mimic the PGA Fed Ex playoffs.

I would argue that the European Championships have a long way to go to reach this level of importance and the USDGC have become irrelevant. With no real opportunity, other that a few thousand golfers paying for DGPT sub, to watch live or post production, the USDGC has lost all importance, IMO. I am not sure who even won last year and will likely no be interested enough to find out who will win this year.

I bet you can guess who won in one try.

Another delay, then they'll reassess the course.

A lot of MPO will probably not be playing today.

Shame, too, this is like one of the best layouts they play all year.

The USDGC has become irrelevant???

Couldn't agree more personally. They decided it was time to cash in but I think they built the walls too soon. I could see it becoming a niche event in short order as it disappears from the mindspace of those who aren't super hardcore viewers. My 13 y/o already often jokes that it's too bad they stopped holding the USDGC. Same thing will happen (in our house) if DGPT ever decides to cut out post-production.

Other thing I'll note is the MVP Open is the last tourney I care about this year . . . because it's the last event in our group's SkipAce fantasy league. My son & I know a crazy amount about 100-150 pro players because of that. Everything goes hand in hand (DGPT, PDGA, Jomez, etc) but I think SkipAce is underrated when considering what promotes the pro game. I probably wouldn't have heard (cared) about more than a few dozen top pros if it wasn't for our fantasy league.

"September 22nd, 2022: Due to severe weather conditions, including heavy rain and lightning, on the ground during the first round of the 2022 MVP Open at Maple Hill, play was suspended twice on Thursday, most recently at 11:45 AM ET.

Since play was suspended, the DGPT operations team has assessed the course and deemed it playable. FPO round one will resume at 2:45 PM ET. Staff members are still on the course working to ensure that it is in the best shape it can be for the remainder of the FPO round.

As a result of these weather delays, MPO round one will begin on Friday, September 23rd. The MPO side of the tournament will only be three rounds with the third and final round still taking place this Sunday, September 25th.

Due to the event now only being three rounds for the MPO division, and due to the severe weather experienced during FPO round one, neither division will be subject to a cut for the final round. "

Last edited:
I've never understood how there are people who are so into disc golf to post on forums like this one while simultaneously being unwilling to pay 6 to 12 dollars a month to watch disc golf. Obviously, we'd all rather have everything in life for free. But if you are a big enough fan of the sport to spend your time on niche forums, how are you not willing to spend a couple of bucks watching it?

I've never understood how there are people who are so into disc golf to post on forums like this one while simultaneously being unwilling to pay 6 to 12 dollars a month to watch disc golf. Obviously, we'd all rather have everything in life for free. But if you are a big enough fan of the sport to spend your time on niche forums, how are you not willing to spend a couple of bucks watching it?

If you are referring to USDGC, that is a separate charge, even for those WITH current DGN subscriptions. IIRC, post-pro was an extra charge as well. Worlds is covered by the standard subscription, as are all other events. USDGC is the only one not covered.

Many think paying EXTRA on top of their subscription for one event, on what many consider to be a bland layout (not a fan of all the roped OB myself either) simply is not worth it.

YMMV.

Latest posts