• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A first for me ...

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
We just had a new disc golf course installed at a golf course and I just got off the phone to have a tee time booked, with a cart.

Feels kinda weird :\

yeah I'm all for it as well, for a number of reasons. my only concern is that a round on a 5500' fairly open disc golf course, with a cart, is only gonna take use like 45 minutes lol .. that's a $1 a minute for the two of us. I may feel cheated.

yeah I'm all for it as well, for a number of reasons. my only concern is that a round on a 5500' fairly open disc golf course, with a cart, is only gonna take use like 45 minutes lol .. that's a $1 a minute for the two of us. I may feel cheated.

If you can't walk (and throw) a 5500' course in less than 75 or so minutes, its time to start ordering your wheelchair NOW! I appreciate tournaments and other competition would usually take longer, but carts would not shave much into that time.

Holy.., that would be quite the experience, have fun with that! I like the concept of 'country club'-type amenities being introduced to the DGC, but that is pretty expensive.

This quote also made me realize something about regular ol' disc golf rounds, and that is the fact that while sometimes we pay $5-10 for park entry and occasionally pay $2-5 to play, that is where the possible expenses end. You have the ability to loop back and play the course over, and over, and over if you so desire. The problem I foresee with at a course with carts and tee times, etc. is that once you play your 18, similar to a ball golf round, you're done. At this point, you could pay to play another round, or call it a day.

I would definitely feel a bit cheated after only being able to play 18, knocking it out in less than an hour, paying that much money and not even being sore at the end of the day!

Still an amazing amenity at hopefully an amazing course! have fun!

(edit: I would say a 5500' track with two people should take around 90-120 min, depending on terrain, drive/dedication, lost discs so on)

Last edited:
Holy.., that would be quite the experience, have fun with that! I like the concept of 'country club'-type amenities being introduced to the DGC, but that is pretty expensive.

This quote also made me realize something about regular ol' disc golf rounds, and that is the fact that while sometimes we pay $5-10 for park entry and occasionally pay $2-5 to play, that is where the possible expenses end. You have the ability to loop back and play the course over, and over, and over if you so desire. The problem I foresee with at a course with carts and tee times, etc. is that once you play your 18, similar to a ball golf round, you're done. At this point, you could pay to play another round, or call it a day.

I would definitely feel a bit cheated after only being able to play 18, knocking it out in less than an hour, paying that much money and not even being sore at the end of the day!

Still an amazing amenity at hopefully an amazing course! have fun!

(edit: I would say a 5500' track with two people should take around 90-120 min, depending on terrain, drive/dedication, lost discs so on)

Not if you are riding in a cart.

Setting a tee time and paying that much? Doesn't sound worth it, but it would be fun to try it at least once.

Welcome to the future, my friend.

i sure hope so...lets just hope that the p2p cost doesnt sky rocket up there right along with balf

Our club holds an annual tournament at a bolf course. We install 18 for a one day, 2 round tourny. The carts do not really speed up the round as much as you would think, but they sure are an awesome luxury for the day. Strapping your bag to the back and rolling in style. Pulling up to the beverage girls and ordering a sammie and a pint? Awesomeness

P2P is the future of serious DG.

We got to use carts at the Municipal Golf Course in Emporia at AM Worlds this year for our practice round. Damn fun, kinda expensive, but didn't really speed things up all that much. My son got drive once and a while and we didn't see a hot girl in a beer cart either. It was fun but I had more fun walking during competition.

So its 20 per person and 5 for the cart?

10 per person for the round, 9 per person for the cart, so 38 + tax.

I'd just as soon walk as well, but we're gonna cart it just for fun. it's gonna be like sitting in stop n go traffic as my wife can't throw very far ;)

I've done the disc-golf-on-a-ball-golf-course-with-carts thing. It's fine as a novelty, but not all that great. It's certainly not the future of disc golf; perhaps one part of the future.

But one interesting thing it allows a designer to do, is to spread the holes out to create the best ones possible on the property. No one minds a 500' or 1000' transition from basket to next tee if they're riding in a cart.

Word to this. I rarely go out to the course to play a round - I love to rethrow shot after shot to try and learn something.

That said, I'm sure the novelty of having a cart for a round was fun.