• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

We just built a driving range at the park.
it has a pole (soon to be baskets) at 200' 300' and 400'
Its been very eye opening for a lot of people.
My average is 225-275
I have only been playing 1 year, and running up about 3 months.
I am only just now, able to throw as far, running up as standing still at the front of the box!
I hope to work through my form issues and start driving past 300' for average (instead of max)

We just built a driving range at the park.
it has a pole (soon to be baskets) at 200' 300' and 400'
Its been very eye opening for a lot of people.

Yeah, truly accurate distance is WAY different than we think.

^that is the coolest thing ive heard on here in a long time. I wonder how many courses have driving ranges. it would definitely take up a good amount of space. consider yourself lucky you have that available to you. :)

Yeah, truly accurate distance is WAY different than we think.

haha. watching the prodigy video of nikko driving on youtube, and he throws it and says that was about 450-500 right there, and im thinking it only looked like it went 375-400. but its good that he has lazer eagle eyes.:\

I am aware of how far he can drive, also. these drives just didn't stay in the air long enough to be that far imo.

Last edited:
I went to harbor freight tools and bought a cheap measuring wheel to measure my practice field. It may not be 100% accurate but it should be close. I measure from the edge of the parking lot to various landmarks in the field, it helps to have targets to throw at.

Probably threw a max of 280' before i started lurking.. Now i can push em out to a little under 400' on a good day. When it came to technique, the internet is a wonderful start..

I get that this was a troll thread, but since a lot of people are answering seriously, I'll do the same.

Average is a tough one because I play such varied courses, elevations, etc. Plus a lot of distances on tee signs seem to be inaccurate. For example, I lazily park it on an uphill 290' hole with regularity, but I can't even reach another 245' hole that's level with the tee. My best downhill was probably somewhere in the range of 400'. So in all honesty, I probably average somewhere around 225'-275', but I just did a major form overhaul to my backhand that is starting to push them there discs out further with better accuracy. Pretty soon I'll be acing every hole at Bud Pell.

I just picked up a measuring wheel from harbor freight tools for $9. The only problem is it only measures up to a 1,000 ft. Looks like I'll have to go back to the store and get the better one. I'll let you know of my average when I get the 10,000 ft wheel.

i should go do a video of me throwing Pigs 320' and then post it here just for kicks.

I am sitting at about 430-440' pretty consistently but maxing out with my Nukes and Laces around 450'-460'. I also can consistently get Buzzzes, Ibexes, and Comets out to between 350'-375'. I feel like the technique section of this website as well as videos of Dave Feldberg's clinics helped me a ton.

I've google earthed myself to about 520. My average drive though is at least 400 on a good day. I can't lie I have my days where I'm maxing at 350.

I'd say average is 285-300. I hit 340 with my Blizz Krait over the summer and was super pumped. I choose accuracy over distance any day.

It isn't how far you can throw.....considering most holes don't require a 400ft+ drive.

The advantage comes from being able to disc down when others are throwing drivers....which allows you to be more accurate at the same distance.

I gave up on message board distance a long time ago.....average hole is 300-320...same as my average drive. 400ft, 250ft, 320ft, 260, 270, 300, 340, 240, 350, 420, 260, 280, 320, 370, 240, 270, 340, 300,

Average drive on this course was 307..:D Or did you mean inflated go out with a 135g Blizzard garbage and throw as far as possible?:gross:

Last edited:
275-350'

Hole #1 at Brevard College. This hole is flat (no elevation) & plays down an alley between dorms.
brevardhole01_zps41238206.jpg

It kind of checks out on Google Maps if you use their distance scale which I have duplicated & set side by side for demonstration purposes here.
On this hole my drives go about 275 to 300 feet. 350 feet is my max when all planets align! I've never reached all the way to the basket with any disc/any throw.
My buddy Wes (younger guy) threw his blizzard Destroyer on a hyzer over the top of the buildings & landed past the basket on this hole!
I'd say he throws about as long as anyone around my area & he's only (?) hitting about 450 feet (with Blizzard plastic).
A top level Pro player could throw farther.
An internet player could crush a mile long drive!

With back problems and at 43 years old I average 300 feet. Have thrown 320' measured with a commercial measuring wheel on flat ground. Want to get up to 350'. Looking forward to the upcoming year.

It isn't how far you can throw.....considering most holes don't require a 400ft+ drive.

I guess most is accurate, but the three courses I play most have an average hole distance of 346, 352, and 391 ft. Each course has between 5 and 7 holes that could greatly benefit from 400ft of power.

The way I understand it, distance is proportional to your post count.:D

Latest posts