• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses of 2011!

Lol.

I've played half of the top ten, but only one other in the 11-50 range.

I have played 2 of the courses on the list and one of them is my home course:) About to play a third(Maple Hill) in a couple weeks

ive played #6, 34, 36, & 43

I got 9 out of 50. Not bad. I might be able to knock off a decent amount this year. Health and work travel willing.

#16 is my home course. And if I can ever get a hold of the guy who runs it, #18 shall be under my belt soon. Gotta love the Appalachians :)

Sugaree!!!

#16 is my home course. And if I can ever get a hold of the guy who runs it, #18 shall be under my belt soon. Gotta love the Appalachians :)

Once you play a round with Rich at Sugaree it will be tough to settle for Ashe Co. And if you are lucky there is another couple private courses there, one of which is probably as good as Sugaree. You live in a good place.

I'm now at 27 out of last year's top 50, and 8 out of the top 10 on that list.

Awesome to see Stoney Hill on the 2011 list. Now I can quit paying reviewers to pump it up.

On the map view for 2011-only, that's quite a cluster from North Georgia through Western North Carolina.

Of the couple of hundred people who have played events at Stoney Hill, only a couple have written reviews. Of all the disc golfers in South Carolina, I've only noticed a dozen or so on this site, mostly in forums; only seen reviews from a handful.

I haven't played Hawk Hollow yet---it's high on my wish list---but I assume it has similar characteristics resulting in a low number of reviews.

Sorry David, your course should probably be up in there. I haven't written a review in like a year. Thank you very much for hospitality and the round. We loved your course. You and Eric shot pretty darn good! Me....not so much.

*Nevermind, I see it made it; now I don't have to feel bad.* :)

Sorry David, your course should probably be up in there. I haven't written a review in like a year. Thank you very much for hospitality and the round. We loved your course. You and Eric shot pretty darn good! Me....not so much.

*Nevermind, I see it made it; now I don't have to feel bad.* :)

Apology unnecessary. I was just pointing out how courses like ours, probaby Hawk Hollow too, will inevitably have relatively few reviews. Anyway, I figured with the all-star list of courses you two played on your trip, culminating in the meetup at Flyboy, Stoney Hill would suffer in comparison. We like to catch people coming off 9-hole farmtown courses, elementary schools, graffiti-marred inner city courses, etc., where we'll look like a 5-star course.

We're quite honored to be on the 2011-only list.

Latest posts