• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses of 2011!

Thanks Tim for putting this together and keeping up with this wonderful site.

Very cool list!!! :thmbup:

I've only got 5 of them down, I've gotta up that total this year fo' sho'! :)

I think this gets asked every year, so I'll be the one to ask. Is there a way to see the top-rated courses, based solely on the ratings they received in 2011? It's always interesting to see which courses made major strides last year.
Yes, that's the 2011 Only list, third tab of the top 50 list.

Always a fun list. Thanks Tim!

I have played 18 on the list including the top 5, and 7 of the top 9! I added several courses to my wish list, too.

Played 8 of the top 50 and also 8 of the top 50 in 2011 (including one I co-designed).

I have played 9 of the 2011 courses . . .but looks like I will add 3 or maybe 4 more on my trip to Florida in January/February

I've played 5 of 'em (only missing one in TX) and my only out of state course is there too (Foundation Park DGC in Centralia, IL)

I've played:

2 out of the top 5
6 out of the top 50

In 5 different states, none of which I live in.

Can't believe Jefferson Barracks doesn't crack top 50. And Dela below Pier Park is a crime. (yes I understand it's not a perfect science.) Guess i better get out there and play some more. Great list!

You haven't been to foundation yet? We're getting teepads this coming summer, so it will be significantly improved.

I'll have to make the trip down there, Eric!!! :thmbup:

Can't believe Jefferson Barracks doesn't crack top 50. And Dela below Pier Park is a crime. (yes I understand it's not a perfect science.) Guess i better get out there and play some more. Great list!

JB is fun, but not spectacular, nothi g more special than a lot of other nice park style courses.

not one course from charlotte? interesting.

A lot of them are solid but not elite, though it is surprising that hornets and renny aren't up there.

Mashy said:
A lot of them are solid but not elite, though it is surprising that hornets and renny aren't up there.

From what I've seen, I agree with this statement. The overall quality seems very good and consistent, but not necessarily outstanding. And plenty of mid-west courses have as many trees as NC. ;)

Also, a couple of the better courses out that way are (unfortunately) private or unlisted.

if timg would just allow me to post my backyard course i know it could make the top 3,000

if timg would just allow me to post my backyard course i know it could make the top 3,000

If I play it can it will timg let it be posted? I won't be in Raleigh . . . but if it means another course on DGCR I will make the trek up from Charlotte in February.