• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

CE does stand for champion edition... but champion edition plastic was a completely different plastic than the current champion plastic. It was made around 2000(I maybe wrong on the year)... CE plastic discs are now highly sought after, and expensive... CE plastic was molded in valks, eagles, teebirds, leopards, rocs, and aviars (maybe others, I am no expert)

Ok. My Orc is just Champion then. Learn 10 new things every day about disc golf. Thanks for the clarification! that was #10 for the day, now I can go sleep! :clap: :D

I shot an even par round of 54 at Lake Shore in Ashtabula and didn't have anything I'd call the "best shot." I made two birdies, so perhaps the Volt off the tee there, but having seen my form on that throw I can't call that my best throw even though it went to 15 feet. The other birdie was a Comet through some trees that I put on a bigger anhyzer line than I'd intended.

Here's one: I made about a 30-foot putt up a steep hill (bottom of pole above my head) to save par after a lousy drive and a not-so-great second shot.

Did you ever feel like your game was Really coming together AND you just drank that Felix Felices potion from the Harry Potter series?
Playing at Woodland Mound today (I know, a relatively easy course, and my 78th round there...but), I birdied the first three, and completely parked my protostar Mamba on one of the silly asphalt pads they ring their baskets with (on #4: a 340 footer!). That 'best throw of the week' inspired me to really focus on the rest of the round, and I shot 11 deuces for the first time in my life. :clap::D

Threw an Ion under the basket from 160' uphill. OK, it was in the back yard, just before dark, after driving from Wisconsin back to Maryland.

Yeah, it was a pretty slow DG week, but it was my best throw. ;)

I parked a flat 280' hole today with a medium eclipse anode! Wide open shot with no wind. Just threw it on a slight anhyzer that held its line and then flattened to land 5 feet away from the basket.

Throws of the week. Went out with my son today about 8am and played 'ace fail'. lol. We started our day by returning a disc we found to a buddy who managed to put his info. on his disc. My son then plows his first shot of the day into a tree about 15 feet from the tee. He then proceeds to drop his 2nd shot right into the basket with a well placed Roc through the trees. Hole 6 he nails chains off the tee and just barely falls off the side of the basket. So close. Hole 13 I slam my tee shot directly into the pole right below the basket. If only a little higher. Hole 15 my tee shot bangs right off the side of the cage for our 3rd metal hit of the day. So many, so close.

Hole 15 at Land of Memories (Mankato, MN)

e1b6ce01.jpg

Teepad is elevated 15-20' and you need to throw through a ~30' circle straight out. Pin is 320 and is protected by approximately six pine trees on a box shape. Two on left edge, two or three on back edge and one on front right corner. Wind was coming a little from R -> L, just a little. Hole is otherwise open. Most of the time I throw something a little out to the right and it fades ~30-50 feet short of pin.

RHBH throw /w a seasoned DX Teebird. It flipped up, soared over pin and faded into the back left corner of box of trees. Total distance was ~340', my longest yet on that hole, and one of the few times I've had a legitimate birdie attempt.

Of course I missed the putt (from my knees, but oh well). That was my best throw of the week.

Last edited:
Hole 15 at Land of Memories (Mankato, MN)

e1b6ce01.jpg

Teepad is elevated 15-20' and you need to throw through a ~30' circle straight out. Pin is 320 and is protected by approximately six pin trees on a box shape. Two on left edge, two or three on back edge and one on front right corner. Wind was coming a little from R -> L, just a little. Hole is otherwise open. Most of the time I throw something a little out to the right and it fades ~30-50 feet short of pin.

RHBH throw /w a seasoned DX Teebird. It flipped up, soared over pin and faded into the back left corner of box of trees. Total distance was ~340', my longest yet on that hole, and one of the few times I've had a legitimate birdie attempt.

Of course I missed the putt (from my knees, but oh well). That was my best throw of the week.

How is that course? The reviews , last I looked, were old and not too positive on the condition of the course. We've bypassed it a couple times on roadtrips because of the lack of current reviews.

How is that course? The reviews , last I looked, were old and not too positive on the condition of the course. We've bypassed it a couple times on roadtrips because of the lack of current reviews.
It's decent, about a 2.5 or 3.

My only beef with the course is that it's generally very, very open and very straight. You can and most of the time should - and I do - throw a Teebird or something similar on every hole. You could also throw a distance driver and get away with any real risk from an errant throw. Rollers also work well on the longer holes b/c it's so dry. It's also, with minimal exceptions, very flat. Five holes have some sort of elevation change, and it's not much when there some change. Two are thrown off elevated tees, two have slightly raised pins, and one drops about five feet from teepad to basket.

The more I play it the more I like it though. The holes are generally well designed to maximize what's there - basically a field with some pockets of trees - even though most of the holes are dead straight.

That said, my original home course was Riverside Park in St. Cloud, Minn., which is a fantastic, detailed and complex wooded course and great area to learn to play disc golf in.

I guess that means I need to write a review.

If you're ever in the area, drop me a PM and we'll throw.

Last edited:
It's decent, about a 2.5 or 3.

My only beef with the course is that it's generally very, very open and very straight. You can and most of the time should - and I do - throw a Teebird or something similar on every hole. You could also throw a distance driver and get away with any real risk from an errant throw. Rollers also work well on the longer holes b/c it's so dry. It's also, with minimal exceptions, very flat. Five holes have some sort of elevation change, and it's not much when there some change. Two are thrown off elevated tees, two have slightly raised pins, and one drops about five feet from teepad to basket.

The more I play it the more I like it though. The holes are generally well designed to maximize what's there - basically a field with some pockets of trees - even though most of the holes are dead straight.

That said, my original home course was Riverside Park in St. Cloud, Minn., which is a fantastic, detailed and complex wooded course and great area to learn to play disc golf in.

I guess that means I need to write a review.

If you're ever in the area, drop me a PM and we'll throw.

Will do, same goes for me over here and thanks for the info! I will probably be sticking to my area through the winter, but am trying to get a battle plan set for spring. Like I said that's one of the few I haven't hit in that area, so I will be there eventually !!

Sank a 70 foot putt today. I was the first one on the course (maybe only) and it just snowed. It was sweet seeing the snow blow off the chains on that long putt.

Finally played Idlewild on Saturday, and came close to acing hole 9. I hyzer flipped a dx leo that grazed the bottom of the basket. I also had some spectacularly bad shots at that course, which by the way is brutal, but I won't talk about those.

Pured 16 at Loriella park with a BH. Threw it straight then let it turn over at the end to finish right. Parked.

Made a 45 foot FH put around a tree for a birdie at a tournament today after overshooting the basket. It was gorgeous and very much needed considering I ended up 4th, and only 1 stroke away from not placing.

Also knocked down a 35 footer to win a tie-breaker on the 3rd playoff hole. :thmbup:

During random draw dubs today I overthrew a hole marked 340 by 25 feet with a teebird from a standstill and drained the birdie putt. Also nutted a hole marked 307 with a buzzz as a group let me play through...normally I shank shots when I play through.

Finally played Idlewild on Saturday, and came close to acing hole 9. I hyzer flipped a dx leo that grazed the bottom of the basket. I also had some spectacularly bad shots at that course, which by the way is brutal, but I won't talk about those.

I skip aced this hole a few months back of the wooden retaining wall. Probably my coolest shot ever. But don't let Idlewild get ya down, it makes even the best players look silly sometimes.

Went back to Illinois to disc and a hole that I never birdied when I lived there was birdied! Hole four at Northwood Park in Morton IL. It's about 300ish...threw a flex shot around the gap...it faded and spiked directly under the basket...best shot in a while because of how bad I have been playing

I birdied a couple of par-4's that I've never even parred before (hooray!) and sank a nice 35-foot putt at Brazos Park East. It was around a tree, slightly uphill; I just tossed it up with a bit of anhyzer and it dropped right in.

I skip aced this hole a few months back of the wooden retaining wall. Probably my coolest shot ever. But don't let Idlewild get ya down, it makes even the best players look silly sometimes.

Hole 6 might be the hardest hole I've ever seen. When I finally holed out I noticed someone had scratched "f*** this hole" onto the chastity belt. Haha, my thoughts exactly at that moment. I can always shrug it off though, and I had a great time.

Latest posts