• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

Alright, here are a few configurations for you:

This is 10 drivers and 3 mids just in the bottom, with about 3 usable slots left for the additional mids and putters you carry. However, this makes the back bulge out a bit and isn't the most convenient.

For your setup, here's are 2 ways you can roll more comfortably:

6 mids in the top 2 slots, 10 drivers in the rest, and 2 putters on the outside. Or, if you want to carry water on the outside...

6 mids in the top 2 slots, 10 drivers in the rest, and 2 putters in the tongue. This way, you can leave the outside slots for water bottles.

For reference, here is how I am carrying it:

That's 2 putters in the top slot, 3 drivers in the next one, then 3 mids in the next. I put a Trident and two more putters below that, and still have two slots empty for backups. I put 3 putters in the front zipper pouch, and all the stuff to the side is what I fit in the large hidden storage compartment (and I could fit a ton more if needed). Plus, I can still fit water bottles on the side, and roll up the tongue. I really like this way of carrying it, as I can put everything I need in there and still bring backups. The capacity with the vertical alignment, I think, is the way to go for comfort and max storage.

:thmbup::clap:

You sir, have gone above and beyond. I truly thank you for doing this. I believe all my questions have been answered. I may sleep peacefully tonight.

Also considering removing the rainfly tether. This would give me the option of using the pocket for other things and storing the rainfly in the lower compartment. I doubt the rain fly will see much use anyway. It's also kind of protrudes into the main compartment a little. Pretty sure I've talked myself into now.

The rainfly thing is a damn good idea. I was kinda hoping it velcroed, but just left it be when it didn't. What would you store in there? Might make a perfect key pocket...

I would think twice about cutting that tether. After using it in the rain, I'm pretty sure it's their version of the snap that Grip uses to keep the rainfly on the bag. It does suck that it's in the middle of the top of the bag, and that's how you access the discs. Not the most efficient solution.

The rainfly thing is a damn good idea. I was kinda hoping it velcroed, but just left it be when it didn't. What would you store in there? Might make a perfect key pocket...

Keys, more pencils and candy/snacks was what I was thinking. Could be possible to cut the tether in the middle then sew velcro on both ends of the strap. This would be a good work around for what tbird888 is concerned about.

Someone posted on the Facebook page saying he heard something about the rest of the green/black per-orders will be shipped out Monday. Is it true?

Thinking I might sell my black/black.

It's a great bag, but don't know if it's for me ...

Has anybody been able to fill it like so? This is a still I took from Brad Schick's video. It looks like about 14ish in the bottom, leaving 3 slots open at the top (another 6+ from my understanding). If arranged like this, how hard is it to remove the discs at the bottom? I'd rather not have the tongue hanging down and am thinking of keeping it unzipped but clipped at the top or tucked in...

Looking at what I carry (10ish drivers, 6ish mids, 2 putters) I think I would like the drivers at the bottom, mids in the slots, and putters in the outside pocket. Could some bored soul possibly try out that scenario for me and provide pics?

Thanks
How did he get the bottom discs so deep? I tried that configuration and like it a lot, but when the bottom discs are in place I can only use the top two sleeves. Onemilemore, is that true with yours to? As far as trying to use the zipper to keep the flap off the ground. I ended up puting a bungy cord around the bag at the point I wanted the flap to bend at. They were the very small gauge bungy cords, but they work well.
Stay tuned more to come :)

How did he get the bottom discs so deep? I tried that configuration and like it a lot, but when the bottom discs are in place I can only use the top two sleeves. Onemilemore, is that true with yours to? As far as trying to use the zipper to keep the flap off the ground. I ended up puting a bungy cord around the bag at the point I wanted the flap to bend at. They were the very small gauge bungy cords, but they work well.
Stay tuned more to come :)

I think I had 2 or 3 slots available. Either way, I think vertical is the best way to go for this design.

Rescue--- would love to see a pic with bungee cords
I'll try and have my gf do it. I hate to admit it, but I just don't get it. I managed to do a few pics, but it was with my cell. When I tried with a camera, I put the memory card in the computer and it all went south after that lol!! I'll have my gf do it tomarrow with the camera so you get good quality shots :)

So after 2 rounds with my bag I've lost 2 16oz. water bottles. I think I know how I lost them now. Both have been from the left side of the bag, which probably means the fly out when I throw it over my right shoulder when I put it on. I don't know why I didn't hear either one hit the ground. I'll try 32oz at this weekends tourney.

Having said that, I love this bag! 16 discs, mini, pencils, 3 towels, dry hands, birdie bag, deep woods off, sunscreen, first aid kit and 1-2 waters depending on whether or not I lose one. :p The same exact stuff I carried in my Mahal but it feels so much lighter. Thanks Big Hyzer and John Chamness for this amazing bag.

I'm with you discddwn,
I wasn't to thrilled with it at first, because I don't like to have my discs tucked in all over the place and having to remove or manipulate things in order to access them. Is this bag perfect...NO! Aside from puting a mini in it. Those vert. side pouches are pretty useless. I think the only ones of any use are the two front pockets, because the side pockets get used for water bottles. Oh Discddwn, try and lean them facing back (kinda at a 45 degree angle). I did this and they stayed put during my round. They were those *Smart water bottle so the are skinny and long. Also, if you use both pouches on the flap, you can't clip it closed and I had had to use a bungy cord and run it under the flap to keep it up off the ground. I have since stopped using the 2nd pouch. So I can clip it closed, but I'll still post a pic for the person who asked me to.
So you would think I hate this bag right? Well, after changing some things around. I'm kinda digging it.
Changes: the biggest is that I went to a combo of vert and horizontal placement of the discs. With this I can fit 27 discs total. 9 horizontal in the sleeves, 15 vertical on the bottom of the bag, 2 in the flap and 1 in the mesh pocket up front. The two pockets are plenty big to fit the basics ( no hoodies). Quality is very good, comfort is great!!! and I dig how small it is but you are still able to carry a ton of discs.
Soooo, so far so pretty good :) However, this may all change when the the new Grip bag shows up and I still have to log some more rounds with the Spinal Tap, but I love how compact and comfy this bag is. With some changes on the 2nd and 3rd run bags. I think they will have a winning combo, because the design of this bag is solid. Just needs some tweeking her and there.

Here is the latest shipping update: We just received a large shipment with another to arrive tomorrow. This will complete the following orders:

Black with Red up to order #308
Black with Black up to order #320
Black with Green up to order #302
Black with Gray up to order # 330

We anticipate having all order filled no later than Wed. June 12th.

Thank you all for your patience with the delays.

From FB

I like the review tbird. I doubt they will, but I would love to see BH come out with a 2nd run with those changes that you mentioned. Honestly the water bottle and lack of "real" carry handle is the only thing that has stopped me from buying one of these.

Another thing that might be nice would be to have the buckles on the sides to hook to the front of the tongue to keep it up similar to how you were trying to do with the zippers. Something like that one could always add later if they knew someone that could do some basic sewing.

I like the review tbird. I doubt they will, but I would love to see BH come out with a 2nd run with those changes that you mentioned. Honestly the water bottle and lack of "real" carry handle is the only thing that has stopped me from buying one of these.

Another thing that might be nice would be to have the buckles on the sides to hook to the front of the tongue to keep it up similar to how you were trying to do with the zippers. Something like that one could always add later if they knew someone that could do some basic sewing.

Was my review too negative? I realized, watching it earlier today to make sure it uploaded correctly, that I barely mentioned any of what I liked about the bag. The last thing I want is people to watch it and think "so glad I didn't make that mistake". It really is a great bag, and I couldn't wait to refill and use mine after the round I spent with the Grip (not to take anything away from the bag - it was nice the round I used it).

I would love a handle, the two outside side pockets to be full length, and mini and pencil pockets added in place of the webbing on the front of the outside front pocket. While I would like a wider strap on the lumbar piece, I probably won't use it again until I go back to the mountains. That's going to be a while.

I really like your tongue clip idea. That would definitely keep it from sliding down onto the ground. I was thinking about using safety pins to keep the zippers in place.

I don't know how many discs you're planning to carry, but I actually have room for a fifth (almost a sixth) driver in the top slot. That puts 20 in the main compartment. That's competitive with the other bags in their class. Throw another four in the outside front pocket, and you're at 24. Implement your tongue solution, and that's two more to bring you to 26. That still leaves the inside front pocket for stuff. I honestly haven't had any problems using the top of the bag as a handle so it's probably not as big a deal as I made it out to be. They might as well omit the school backpack handle they have now though.

Was my review too negative? I realized, watching it earlier today to make sure it uploaded correctly, that I barely mentioned any of what I liked about the bag. The last thing I want is people to watch it and think "so glad I didn't make that mistake". It really is a great bag, and I couldn't wait to refill and use mine after the round I spent with the Grip (not to take anything away from the bag - it was nice the round I used it).

I would love a handle, the two outside side pockets to be full length, and mini and pencil pockets added in place of the webbing on the front of the outside front pocket. While I would like a wider strap on the lumbar piece, I probably won't use it again until I go back to the mountains. That's going to be a while.

I really like your tongue clip idea. That would definitely keep it from sliding down onto the ground. I was thinking about using safety pins to keep the zippers in place.

I don't know how many discs you're planning to carry, but I actually have room for a fifth (almost a sixth) driver in the top slot. That puts 20 in the main compartment. That's competitive with the other bags in their class. Throw another four in the outside front pocket, and you're at 24. Implement your tongue solution, and that's two more to bring you to 26. That still leaves the inside front pocket for stuff. I honestly haven't had any problems using the top of the bag as a handle so it's probably not as big a deal as I made it out to be. They might as well omit the school backpack handle they have now though.

I didn't think it was too negative. The fact that you bought it is positive in itself.

Safety pins would work for keeping the zippers up, I just like the more professional look that snap buckles would give it and also ease of quickly unclipping to get to the bottom discs more easily. I really like dedicated water bottle pockets but I think you're idea would work, not sure if they plan to modify the design at all though. I'm with you, I prolly won't use the lumbar pad much but it would be nice to have something functional there when I could use it.

The capacity of it doesn't worry me at all. Heck, right now I'm carrying a Fade Crunch Box packed with 16 total discs. I would like something to carry a few more, but more importantly a place to store a change of clothes for when playing after work.

Latest posts