• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you spot whats wrong with this picture...

I'm just messing with you Nate, I played with this guy round 1 and saw the disc in his bag, had I seen him throw it I would have said something. It's a pretty well known rule I don't imagine he didn't know what he was doing or maybe just forgot.

I didn't think WA sent over any recs...my bad...and screw you Joel! As soon as u said my division and his I thought hmmm he knows too much haha.

Good win sir...u, dom, darnley and bj will make for an interesting 2013 depending who stays. - gotta rework my whole game OR beg the adg to consider intermediate....I am not advanced.

Haha I thought you would figure it out. I think I'm making the move to open now. We will have to have a round next time your down.

I have now, my budget has been lifted a bit so i think i will be ordering soon, cant wait to get it up and running.

An Aussie would probably rather throw a totally beat Groove than drink a Foster's.

To be fair, I think throwing a totally beat Groove could be pretty fun. For example, throwing it off a cliff, or into a volcano, or off the Empire State Building. That last one however would be a bit dangerous. I would feel awful for the person who died from a hit to the head by a Groove.

Oo! Physics idea! If a golf disc was thrown off a skyscraper at a downward angle, would the spin of the disc slow down enough that it would start to topple before hitting the ground?

(Sorry, I know that was incredibly off topic, just got carried away.)

people dont really care about the rules any time i mention a rule i am nit picking and get ridiculed so i just let the foot faults fly and everything else

They must not play sanctioned tourneys, because around here you'd be called on it before your disc hit the ground. Even in casual rounds it's in your best interest for you yourself to always play strictly by the rules, so you don't have a fail in a sanctioned round. Doesn't mean you have to get in someone's face in a casual round, but maybe just point out that stuff doesn't fly in tourneys, and it shouldn't.

Am I the only one who sees slenderman creeping in the photo under his arm by the disc?

802.01 Discs Used in Play: ... E. A player who carries an illegal disc during play shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning, if observed by two or more players of the group or an official.

...so you aren't even allowed to have it in your bag during a sanctioned event/round? good to know.

I can see it being illegal to throw any disc until it's been approved, but just carrying it? I suppose if their thinking is "If you can't carry it, then you can't throw it..." that way no one has to actually see you throw it to call the violation. It can be called simply for possesing it during the round.

the thing I see wrong with the pic, is the frown on his face. I mean c'mon, it looks like a beautiful day, out throwing, enjoying the fresh air. Turn that frown upside down bro!;)

I'm pretty sure you can't even carry it, but i carry a baseball that isn't pdga approved, though I rarely putt with it.

The current rules say you cannot carry an illegal disc, but that will change with the next rules update as I understand it. In my opinion, it's a bad change. With the new rules you almost have to inspect the disc before each throw to know if he throws something illegal. Determining if a disc is legal or not his almost impossible to begin with, but knowing a player carries an illegal disc, how are you supposed to keep track of every single throw he throws and know if that is a legal disc or not?

The current rules say you cannot carry an illegal disc, but that will change with the next rules update as I understand it. In my opinion, it's a bad change. With the new rules you almost have to inspect the disc before each throw to know if he throws something illegal. Determining if a disc is legal or not his almost impossible to begin with, but knowing a player carries an illegal disc, how are you supposed to keep track of every single throw he throws and know if that is a legal disc or not?

It's on the honor system. And if you know his yellow mid (for example) is illegal, just watch when he throws a yellow disc. But odds are he won't, if he's at all an honorable guy.

I like the rules change because a disc that's made illegal during the round (say a hole is punched in it) can be carried out, as can found discs. Or maybe you discover a disc is illegal (has a hole in it, again) when you pull it out on the seventh hole. If you don't throw it, no harm done.

Most people won't carry around an illegal disc, I'm guessing, because:
a) why carry around the added 160g or so?
b) you might accidentally throw it
c) it makes you look suspicious or shady, like maybe some other discs are illegal

I feel like calling a guy on a disc that's been used by tons of players would be like calling someone out for wiping their hiney with a paper towel instead of toilet paper.

I feel like calling a guy on a disc that's been used by tons of players would be like calling someone out for wiping their hiney with a paper towel instead of toilet paper.
How many people use it is irrelevant. For sanctioned events, either the disc has been approved, and is otherwise legal for use by the PDGA guidelines (no hole through it, etc) or it's not. No matter how many people love a disc, if it's not approved yet, it doesn't belong in a sanctioned round.

Why's that even an issue? It's fair for everyone.

Latest posts