• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cant Sleep ... must disc

Dr3wska

any one have issues of going to sleep because they keep replayin the days rounds. thinking about what u did wrong and right and how u r gonna do it differently and such. I have that issue right now. Now that it is disc golf season again its like the night before the first day of school every night. Just curious if the world feels my pain. now hurry sun..... RISE!

Sometimes I catch myself at 3am snapping towels in my bedroom, thinking about driving some of the longer holes on courses I play.

My girlfriend probably thinks I'm crazy. :)

it would be awesome to put those massive lights they have on like driving ranges or baseball games and have like a 24 hour 9 hole course. well 18 would be better but not as realistic.

Funny because when I try to fall asleep I replay old rounds in my head... to each there own.

I do this except try and play the best round I can, by replaying the best shot I have had from the different positions.

One way for me to relax my mind is to go over my best throws, in my head, before I go to sleep.
Very relaxing. I think it must release some endorphins.
It's official, I'm addicted.

Disc Golf doesn't usually keep me up, but it was in my dream last night! I had a dream that I was playing a round of golf w/ Dexter (from the Showtime series) and Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild).

I think it was because I got lost on a new course yesterday. So my dream was similar, I was lost but with 2 friends to survive with.

I wish I had one of those nets set up like golfers use to practice drives in their basement. I know a few people that have them. I get these sudden urges at night, not just to putt, but to practice driving. Probably just because I can't.

Disc Golf doesn't usually keep me up, but it was in my dream last night! I had a dream that I was playing a round of golf w/ Dexter (from the Showtime series) and Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild).

I think it was because I got lost on a new course yesterday. So my dream was similar, I was lost but with 2 friends to survive with.

I hope you haven't committed any violent crimes. If you play a round with Dexter you might not leave the woods. And Bear Grylls might have to eat part of you to prove some weird survival point that won't come in handy for anybody.

it would be awesome to put those massive lights they have on like driving ranges or baseball games and have like a 24 hour 9 hole course. well 18 would be better but not as realistic.

Not that it is a great course, but Twila Reid Park in the greater Los Angeles area has lights in the park that allow you to play at night. Unfortunately it was not a course I wanted to try and play more than once.

One way for me to relax my mind is to go over my best throws, in my head, before I go to sleep.
Very relaxing. I think it must release some endorphins.
It's official, I'm addicted.

I do this pretty much every night. I'll usually start out on hole one of my local course and play a perfect round. I don't think i've made it past 9 holes before falling asleep so I've taken to starting on hole 10 a lot lately too.

I start thinking up safari holes on my favorite courses generally. Or about that lottery ticket...

The night before playing, I can't keep my hands off my discs. I whisper sweet nothings to them, telling them about all the things I'm going to do to (and with) them come sunrise. ;)

Wow now i dont feel so crazy. My girlfriend thinks it is ridiculous that ill walk around the house with discs before a round. Its all i think about day in and day out.

The night before playing, I can't keep my hands off my discs. I whisper sweet nothings to them, telling them about all the things I'm going to do to (and with) them come sunrise. ;)

Wrong... just so wrong. If I keep the good discs in the house they get drawn all over by the kids.

wow I m not the only person that cant stop thinking about disc golf. this is a relief that there are other disc golf addicts out there. I have about 15 diferent disc buddies and none of them could relate on this topic. But then again they cant drive 400 yet so maybe this addiction increases with skill.