• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses not found on dgcr

BTW, it is possible to post "private" courses on UDisc. I heard about this one and was able to contact the person listed. He said he can't give permission to play as he is a friend of the friend who owns the land.

Yet his email address is listed as the contact person.

I know of other "private" courses listed on UDisc that you can't find unless you know the name of the course. Poli Poli in HI is one of these. Yep, it is listed as "Extinct" on this web site and you can't find it on UDisc unless you know the correct name.

https://udisc.com/courses/kirby-lane-dgc-UwCt

Got Iowa pretty covered. Got another one to add very soon. Another 5-6 I'm aware are in the hopper. Pull info from as many sources as I can. but won't add it unless I've played it. Local FB DG groups, UDisc, even local newspapers (yes those still exist)

So I have added roughly 150 courses to DGCR over the years and maybe around 60-70 over the last two years because of Udisc. I try to add courses only after I have played them and confirmed them. I just wish we had more people that would commit to an area and police their area. I try to police California, Nevada, and Arizona. I have roughly 15-20 courses on my radar to check before I add them but the journey makes it fun.
When I find a property marked on Udisc with a course and there is no course on it I immediately ask to be a course ambassador and mark other. In the comments I put there is no course and 95 percent of the time the course is deleted or I become an ambassador. I must be an ambassador to like 300 courses. There are exceptions like temp, object, an tourney courses that are headaches but its Udisc. Very flawed system in my opinion.
I just cant wait until my kids leave the nest and I move from California. I need new territory to conquer.

I've got the KC Metro covered along with kp_1024 and Upshawt1979. :thmbup:

I only add new courses is I can tell they are in a public park, a school that isn't private or I can clearly tell it's not a private backyard course.

And usually only after I show up in person to confirm that it's a legit course that's on public property or I get permission to add it.

I've about worn out peninsular Florida. Got my eye on Ohio now...

Got Iowa pretty covered. Got another one to add very soon. Another 5-6 I'm aware are in the hopper. Pull info from as many sources as I can. but won't add it unless I've played it. Local FB DG groups, UDisc, even local newspapers (yes those still exist)

Doing the same for western lower MI. I think I have added three around here so far this year. There is another one I'm aware of that I believe is not quite constructed.

Last night, I found a local newspaper article from a year ago that mentioned a new course had been approved. Took a little detour just to see if it was there yet (it wasn't). Part of the fun. :)

update

i just added another course to mn (im camping in that area in july so ill get to bag it which is very convenient for me)

i have two on my radar that arent ready to add without a little investigation

also on fb cale said a new course is coming to buck hill in the twin cities area this summer so thats at least 3 total to potentially add

Just added my 6th of the year in Iowa (Oelwein City Park). I'll get to the review eventually, but a playable course that will come into it's own. Needs some lines cleaned up, but a good layout.

In addition to adding legitimate new courses to this site, another way to help DGCR is to update the course if the number of holes change.

I just played the UCF course in Orlando today, its 9 holes have been upgraded to 18 since at least Jan of this year (that was when the new course map, from UDisc, was added to this site), yet the Course Info still lists it as a 9 hole course.

Normal (and Premium) users are not allowed to change the number of holes on a course (probably a good idea), but just send a message thru the Contact Us link and timg or the Mods will change the number of holes.

Then, you can update the Hole Info, tee types, total distance, whatever needs to be upgraded.

Also, it really helps to update the Course Conditions every time you play, especially if they are blank.

OK, lesson and lecturing are over, go about your business!! :D