• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2021

Aced hole 6 at Coachman Park in Clearwater last month. I fired a 173 gram Star Tern into a howling head wind. It look like it went straight up and just slowly came down into the basket, a 276 foot shot.

Went to Coachman again with a brand new 170 gram Pro Tern and bounced it off the basket rim on 2, a 252 foot shot.

Got one yesterday with my PyroBlob on hole 17 at Knob Hill Park. We were playing dubs and my cardmates all fired off the same BH hyzer and while the smart thing to do would have been to take that info and adjust and throw the same thing, I didn't, because my partner already gave us a good lie. I had played an earlier round that day and flicked a buzzz on an anny which panned out a bit too far and floated beyond the basket on the fade. So this time I went for the same shot with the more OS pyro but on a shallower anny due to the headwind. The wind still picked it up and it panned way further than I was hoping (or so I thought, apparently), but then it flexed, popped up and dove right down into the basket and back up into the chains.

Just a little tip of the tam o'shanter to Mr. Karma: having seen the tree overhanging the 2nd basket at Amelia, and having a sharp pruning saw John Schengber gave me after I wore out my third one at the Burg, I figured I could cut up this pesky thing during a round. Did just that, then found a disc on hole 8. Called the owner, who got it back ten minutes later. So what happened on my next loop around the course? Yep, pretty, light blue Comet ace on hole 2! THAT one's for you Troy, get back on your game soon, buddy!

Easter Monday Ace! Creeping Creek 262' Hole 12, S PD 168g. :D
PxviHWg.jpg

Got only my 2nd Ace ever. Hole #1 at Cornwallis Rd. Park in Durham, NC

160 ft, uphill, sweeping left to right hole that I hit with my gold line Pure, RHBH anhyzer. Very cool Rebecca Cox disc with a DecoDye elephant on it. Very joy, much excite.

Just missed my second one of the year yesterday... skipped and nailed the chains at 387 but it was coming in too hot and still went 20 long.

Never got to post one in here before! Hit my first since 5-5-18 tonight at league at Central Assembly of God DGC. Threw an ESP FLX Buzzz, which is the same disc as my last ace.

The hole is just 201', slightly uphill, with one lone tree in the rhbh line. I went wide right of the tree, thought it was short into a light headwind, but it just perfectly stalled and dropped into the chains.

Got the ace pot and the random CTP was also on the hole. Tied the course record and got the #1 tag. I should definitely retire now!!! :) What a great night of discing!

I have zero aces in my year and a few months playing, but I think I'm getting close. Saturday morning, 1st throw, 1st tournament ever, about 250' to the giant basket. I flashed the chains, ended up ~20' long. Unfortunately, that was pretty much the highlight of the tournament for me.

Played a mini Wed night and bounced off the basket from about 150'—would have been a long bird, not an ace. This morning played my usual Thursday casual dubs round. Dropped in a second throw from about 180' for a birdie.

Probably jinxing myself on this, but this morning's throw was pretty magical for me, despite it being on a giant basket.

First Ace of the year yesterday (and first jump putt ace ever)! Although I think I've only played 6 times this year (having an 8 month of makes it tricky to find time!).
152 feet, island hole #14 at Raptor's Knoll in BC (Red tee) with my K3 Reko. Definitely not my longest ace, but definitely my longest jump putt make!

Broke the seal for 2021...

Bighorn Ridge - Big Sky, MT
Hole 2 - Short/Short - 250' - uphill and blind except the basket flag
Ten Time KC Eagle
Modest ace pot of $77 and hot round of the weekly at -10.

attachment.php

Attachments

• E1A13F51-E0AF-4B64-A882-D0785CCF3ACB.jpg
    E1A13F51-E0AF-4B64-A882-D0785CCF3ACB.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 174
I got my first of the year on Monday, hole #7, Calumet Lake DGC. What made it special was about 15 minutes earlier another guy in my foursome aced hole #4. We had just been saying that no one was hitting any aces so far for the year!

I also had a 100 foot throw in later in the round and a nice -7 round. (I'm the old guy)

Witnessed my first ace. Main reason to share is it was a $1,300 ace pot which is pretty cool.

It was a great throw, 250', left to right around a 30' tall bushy guardian tree.

I got an ace yesterday. Hole 1 Sergeant Bluff, IA. I stay home with my 3 kids (6,3,3mo). I often talk them into going disc golfing with me since most courses in the area have playgrounds in the same park. We played at the playground for a bit and then we eventually head over to hole 1. Wait for a pair of guys to finish up on the hole and move on. I throw RHFH and there is a tree that hangs over the basket on the left/front side. Not a layout that I usually think about ace running. I usually try to keep it low and skip it close for an easy 2. Yesterday I threw a nice, tight, s-curve shot that went a big higher than normal. There was a moderate wind pushing L to R. It looked like it was going to go past the basket on the left side but suddenly, it faded hard and crashed the chains! It was startling as it didn't look like a perfect shot until the last moment. My 3 year old was pretending to fight bad guys with a stick and my 6 year old was messing around with some playground equipment. The two guys ahead of me had heard chains and were congratulatory otherwise it would have been the quietest ace celebration that I've had.

Fiiiiinally I got one. 2020 was ace-less for ThrowBot.

Sunday morning it was packed at Kaposia, so TEAM Stickin' Putts played The Valley instead.

Hole 17, forehand Destroyer. 350'
@BrentJacobs called for the skip and it worked.

I was so happy.
(I still am.)
(But I was then, too.)

Latest posts