• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Dashboard

I see the premium membership lets you export your disc list to CSV.
but the list of premium features does not mention the ability to import a CSV file of discs.

Is that something that is possible? seems like that would be very helpful to get your discs into the site. You could add all your discs in a spreadsheet, dump in CSV and then import into the site.
That would help adding large quantities of discs.
The amount of error checking and little things to account for in that scenario makes my head hurt (spelling, manufacturer/model/plastic mismatches, non-existant discs, etc.). You'd have to have the sheet in a particular format as well which if you're going through that trouble you might as well enter them right on the site.

I agree that entering them one by one is annoying but I don't think the demand for a full on import feature warrants the rather large time investment it would take to make that happen.

my dashboard is always up to date.

whenever i lose a disc, play a round, throw a new distance, play a new course, move a disc from one bag to another, anything i do i update it.

i'm not normal.

rec4life

Even without the disc organizer, the premium feature is worth the money for the Road Trip planner alone. I just used it for the first time. Great work, Tim. I'm going to add four more courses to my list on the way to Christmas this year!

The amount of error checking and little things to account for in that scenario makes my head hurt (spelling, manufacturer/model/plastic mismatches, non-existant discs, etc.). You'd have to have the sheet in a particular format as well which if you're going through that trouble you might as well enter them right on the site.

I agree that entering them one by one is annoying but I don't think the demand for a full on import feature warrants the rather large time investment it would take to make that happen.

One easy solution would be to instruct users to download the CSV first. Then they have the sheet already formatted.

Side note, the "CSV Download" appears to not actually be CSV, but tab delimited instead.

I keep mine up to date. Then I can look and see I have 80 discs and most people have hundreds so I can justify more to the old lady!

I can look and see I have 80 discs and most people have hundreds so I can justify more to the old lady!

Nice! :thmbup:

I have 284 now, but will be well over 300 before too long. So you've got plenty of room to grow the collection!

HRMMMM. Another very useful feature.... I need to look into pricing and what not. I've been thinking about it for a couple weeks now. I haven't been playing long, but I do believe I am addicted lol.

I would reccomend that you ddo buy a Premium Membership with as much as you are on here :p (Joking of course)

$25 is spending a dollar every ~14 days. You also get access to a new forum. You also get the pride of knowing that you donated money to a website that you are on a lot. I know $25 may seem like a lot to us young guys, but it has been well worth it for me.

I just did as much from memory as I could. Going to check it against my tubs tonight, and see what I missed. I know i'm about 4 Rocs short, but can't remember what quantities for each weight I have.

: What a great waste of 30 minutes at work adding over 60 discs to the disc organizer :)

I would reccomend that you ddo buy a Premium Membership with as much as you are on here :p (Joking of course)

$25 is spending a dollar every ~14 days. You also get access to a new forum. You also get the pride of knowing that you donated money to a website that you are on a lot. I know $25 may seem like a lot to us young guys, but it has been well worth it for me.

Lol, the price isn't really the issue. I just don't have a lot of need for a bunch of the features. Though, to help the site... I don't see an issue getting stuff I don't need.

One easy solution would be to instruct users to download the CSV first. Then they have the sheet already formatted.

Side note, the "CSV Download" appears to not actually be CSV, but tab delimited instead.

Even with that, there's still a really good chance someone can hose up the database. Someone enters something a bit off, and if the error checks aren't perfect the database crashes.

Anymore, I update my scorebook when I play a new course, or possibly a tournament, but that's about it. The disc organizer I stopped updating a while ago. Maybe I'll get back to it.

Even with that, there's still a really good chance someone can hose up the database. Someone enters something a bit off, and if the error checks aren't perfect the database crashes.

Yea.... If there was a simpler way to add multiple discs at once would be awesome, but I could see server lag happening that way. Maybe for Premium members? Max of 20 at time.

Been using the Disc Organizer for some time.
I LOVE what TimG has done with it.
It's light years ahead of where it started.
My favorite Wish List Item is to be able to picture front and back of each disc.

Still no complaints.
Still have too many discs, but this tool makes it much easier to track them all.

I used to use it religiously. This year though I got away from tracking my discs. Lost a lot this year unfortunately and bought quite a few too. Now I have a winter project to get it back up to date. I still record every round that I actually keep track of. And without fail I record every new course I play.

I really like the dashboard. Just not diligent enough in keeping it up.

Latest posts