• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Disc: Stamp Designs

AJ_86 - Constructive criticism can be much more productive than just an opinion with no reasoning. For example; "its awkward in terms of composition", "the artwork fails to communicate the essence of the DGCR community", "its ugly" or well you get the idea.... Looking forward to some additional feedback and I might be able to knock out one more if there is time.

Ok, I will take a crack at it.

1st one- Awesome, I think it represents the site in an abstract but understandable manner

2nd one- Looks like Sneakers McGee with a vampire killing stake

Keep up the good work and if I missed one on another page I am referring to the 2 on this page.

To recap:
1 :thmbup:
2 :thmbdown:

feedback

hey guy,

thanks for the feedback. i really want to come up with something that is unanimously considered amazing and perfect for the DGCR community and it looks like I am not quite there yet. i don't know what any of the other "artists" are up to but maybe they got something. i personally like the mascot cartoon character with disc golf back, notebook and pencil striding boldly over the globe. to me it is fun and friendly and points out the goals of the community but it doesn't seem to be very popular so i will keep at it

jd

hey guy,

thanks for the feedback. i really want to come up with something that is unanimously considered amazing and perfect for the DGCR community and it looks like I am not quite there yet. i don't know what any of the other "artists" are up to but maybe they got something. i personally like the mascot cartoon character with disc golf back, notebook and pencil striding boldly over the globe. to me it is fun and friendly and points out the goals of the community but it doesn't seem to be very popular so i will keep at it

jd

on the second one, what if you have the earth "flat" so it curved around the text at the bottom. that way you could make the mascot still walking

just a thought.

DGCR Mascot - Hot Stamp (revision 1)

I like the off axis earth but it seems to make some people feel dizzy so here is the boring flat earth version which i had stashed in anticipation of said unsettled equilibriums. i also moved the pencil to behind the ear and the note (ratings) book from the bag to the hand...the mascot also went from cute to beatnik. all this in an effort to sell this idea to you guys. ive been doing this stuff for a hundred years and this is a good one that i will use for something or someone if not here.

Attachments

• DGCR_Mascot2.jpg
    DGCR_Mascot2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 75
another cartoon

this is based on another "cartoon" that was used for the 2010 pro worlds. it seems cartoon is not the way to go but i have it done and throwing it out there anyway. i am sort of hung up on the "traveler" idea. maybe there is another way of looking at it...a little help.. one time...

Attachments

• DGCR_Mascot3.jpg
    DGCR_Mascot3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 80
this is based on another "cartoon" that was used for the 2010 pro worlds. it seems cartoon is not the way to go but i have it done and throwing it out there anyway. i am sort of hung up on the "traveler" idea. maybe there is another way of looking at it...a little help.. one time...

Haha, cracked out dude driving around courses, that's awesome. :thmbup:

How about a conquistador, conquering courses for DGCR glory?

I liked the first one the best but the second version of the second one is pretty sweet also.

I think that dude in the van is Martin!! :) If we end up going with that design; Martin should have a box of them in his van to sell all around the country! :)

Way way better. Finally, some stamps that don't look like some altered clip art.

I'd go with the 1st one.

Latest posts