• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR's best resource

Best resource? That's not as simple to me now as it was when I first found this place. The first, what?, 5 or 6 years I was on here I never even really checked out the forums at all. Missed a lot of good stuff and people unfortunately. But I just browsed courses. Relentlessly. Still do that pretty often, like last night, or the night before, or after I post this :D

But since actually checking out the forums I've learned so much, about so many aspects of the game, that I'd never have known otherwise. That's cool and all, but I've met so many awesome people from DGCR. I'm not much of a people person, but everyone on here is my kind of people. I've played with less than 10 members on here, but I plan on meeting 5 more in May. Hopefully many more after that as well.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is that the answer is us. All of us. We're the best resource. We all contribute to the greater good of what we all love. Some write reviews, some upload photos, some give form advice. I get pretty much all of the new music I listen to from here too. All I know is that I'm here and I'm not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Without these forums I would have most certainly still only had maybe a few dozen courses under my belt.

Tons of great meet-ups (and a few duds... well, more so the company) 10/10 overall time though.

Without these forums I would have most certainly still only had maybe a few dozen courses under my belt.

Tons of great meet-ups (and a few duds... well, more so the company) 10/10 overall time though.

Miss ya broseph

Oh man, where do I start? Chronologically I suppose...

Had a ton of plastic, found the disc forum here back in the good ol days of Prerube and Frank D. Learned how flight numbers work etc.. Got better, ended up with the nickname "the technician" because my rudimentary knowledge was head and shoulders above other local folks.

Learned of the Comet and Ion, got both and played exclusively with them for 4 months. It reshaped my throw and accelerated my amateur career. Also made me a gyro fan, when I finally figured out how to throw it.

Also learned that there were A-holes out there that could throw a wizard 300' like Mike C and I realized I probably didn't need a mid from 50' or a driver at 150'.

Shaped my throw off Dan Beato and Bradley Walker's "more snap video" a couple giant Aha moments.

Started putting more together with SW22's stuff, Rhatton1 and LoPan's disc physics.

Had multiple interactions with DG celebrities, designers and throwers. Also enjoyed the heck out of 3p's history lessons.

A shout out to all the guys that shipped me stuff cross border, you are all DG heroes for the hassle... Artemisclydefrog for that box of envy's. throwasurge became ThrowaEnvy. Grip for that free signal, I just started a PIF gyro thing up here with it seemed like the right thing to do, oh man who did I get the Halloween envy from? Stand up dude I know him when I see him but it slips my mind.. Same with the fella that sent me the 143 fr fission photon I won Masters at Cortes with it and banged an ace.. Streets for sending me that MJ glo/esp comet despite getting nailed on shipping stand up dude. Monocacy for a he'll of a deal on some super far flying discs.

Learned more about form and stopped hurting myself. Hooked up with a couple locals

Course related things and directions have been very useful.

Big shout out to all the professionals and married to professionals in the Covid threads... it's helped me through a tough time with information second to none.

Same with the gyro folks, there's more around now but the only people I can talk to about that stuff are on here.

Heck even a shout out to the trolls... for amusement purposes only... haha and elmex for his casually classy "British" style subtlety he's the best we got these days. Don't want to lump you in with the idiots but I like your style sir.. You gotta get the digs..

The answer is still the people here. I couldn't imagine where my game wouldn't be without DGCR.

Last edited:
Oh man, where do I start? Chronologically I suppose...

Had a ton of plastic, found the disc forum here back in the good ol days of Prerube and Frank D. Learned how flight numbers work etc.. Got better, ended up with the nickname "the technician" because my rudimentary knowledge was head and shoulders above other local folks.

Learned of the Comet and Ion, got both and played exclusively with them for 4 months. It reshaped my throw and accelerated my amateur career. Also made me a gyro fan, when I finally figured out how to throw it.

Also learned that there were A-holes out there that could throw a wizard 300' like Mike C and I realized I probably didn't need a mid from 50' or a driver at 150'.

Shaped my throw off Dan Beato and Bradley Walker's "more snap video" a couple giant Aha moments.

Started putting more together with SW22's stuff, Rhatton1 and LoPan's disc physics.

Had multiple interactions with DG celebrities, designers and throwers. Also enjoyed the heck out of 3p's history lessons.

A shout out to all the guys that shipped me stuff cross border, you are all DG heroes for the hassle... Artemisclydefrog for that box of envy's. throwasurge became ThrowaEnvy. Grip for that free signal, I just started a PIF gyro thing up here with it seemed like the right thing to do, oh man who did I get the Halloween envy from? Stand up dude I know him when I see him but it slips my mind.. Same with the fella that sent me the 143 fr fission photon I won Masters at Cortes with it and banged an ace.. Streets for sending me that MJ glo/esp comet despite getting nailed on shipping stand up dude. Monocacy for a he'll of a deal on some super far flying discs.

Learned more about form and stopped hurting myself. Hooked up with a couple locals

Course related things and directions have been very useful.

Big shout out to all the professionals and married to professionals in the Covid threads... it's helped me through a tough time with information second to none.

Same with the gyro folks, there's more around now but the only people I can talk to about that stuff are on here.

Heck even a shout out to the trolls... for amusement purposes only... haha and elmex for his casually classy "British" style subtlety he's the best we got these days. Don't want to lump you in with the idiots but I like your style sir.. You gotta get the digs..

The answer is still the people here. I couldn't imagine where my game wouldn't be without DGCR.

thank you very much

im very grateful for my opportunity to make an impact on these forums

This is me trying to do the right pec drill when I first found dgcr. Sidewinder said it reminded him of how he broke his fibula. My max d was about 250 with a Mamba lol.

This is about 6 months later after SW22, Deyo, Uhhnegative, RandyC and others commented on my form post almost daily. This Roc went 315.

I still have lots of work to do on my form, but I'm confident that the folks who helped me saved me from major injuries and also made this sport so much more enjoyable. Big thanks to all of you.

Also nice that we get real participation from people like Chuck K., M. Krupicka, J. Houck, M. Johansen. People that are actually out there, doing what they do at the highest levels.

There may be a few more who weigh in under assumed screen names, but who knows. The folks I mentioned do it out in the open,under their real names, for all to see.

Last edited:
Hands down for me the technique and form review section of the forums. Sidewinder22 is my MVP of the site with honorable mention to HyzerUniBomber. I still can not imagine how SW22 can look at the same form flaws and coach people up over and over after all these years!

Yeah there's a ton of people I forgot to mention by name.. All celebrities in their own right. The mods and Tim, all the form guys... and everyone putting in a lot of work and the other folks for keeping it real!

It is pretty awesome that those well known public figures use their real name. I'm sure it invites a ton of PM's.. Haha. Ballsy.

There's more than a few that are here under anonymous names, when and if I figure it out I keep it to myself. Real happy they contribute as well.

Does it make anyone else sad reading FB or Reddit? Haha. There's so much knowledge I take for granted.

*Im pretty sure a hotdog is a sandwich and I love me a fizz volt! I always watch out for the stick in the hole..

Prerube was (perhaps still is?) a strong proponent of recommending that people use the search feature before asking a question that may have been answered many times before on the forums.

In that case I am astonished by the possible irony of my own question and hope he returns to demolish me. :-X

Thanks!!!

Ok, it is time.

What is "being prerubed"?

Say someone starts a new thread, but they never bothered searching to see if that are already other threads on the topic.

The problem this causes is that instead of the conversation/info all being contained in a single thread, there are now multiple threads on the topic, making it particularly difficult to find a specific post or info on the subject.

"Prerubing" is when someone posts links to similar threads on the subject, in the newly created thread, to help direct the creator of the new thread (as well as other readers) to the existing threads on the topic.

...so called because DGCR member Prerube, was notorious for calling people out for starting new threads, by linking a bunch of existing threads on the subject in their new thread.

Kinda like this...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126565

Or perhaps you prefer Monocacy's more concise response. :eek:

Last edited:
Say someone starts a new thread, but they never bothered searching to see if that are already other threads on the topic.

The problem this causes is that instead of the conversation/info all being contained in a single thread, there are now multiple threads on the topic, making it particularly difficult to find a specific post or info on the subject.

"Prerubing" is when someone posts links to similar threads on the subject, in the newly created thread, to help direct the creator of the new thread (as well as other readers) to the existing threads on the topic.

...so called because DGCR member Prerube, was notorious for calling people out for starting new threads, by linking a bunch of existing threads on the subject in their new thread.

Kinda like this...

Oh, let's please open any cans of worms laying around now.

So Prerubing is so fundamental to this site that this can be crowdsourced just by invoking him? This is power you cannot buy

Kinda like this...

Damn son that's about 6 links short of the prerube mark. :D

Try harder.

Prerube would absolutely destroy you with linked information.

(Caseygway.....)
It's like an electrical code teacher I had years ago, he set up the apprenticeship training and the masters course, he knew code rules off by heart word for word. If you did your research and asked an intelligent question he was amazing, if you were lazy and didn't do your homework it was like getting in your rowboat to attack a nuclear submarine. It wasn't pretty. He'd blow you out of the water shamelessly.

Best moment in code class was when I guy said something about grounding and bonding and

"That's not what they intended by the rule" ...

...Dave Mansfield's face lit up...

"Turn to page XIV halfway down the page... section 6.... Grounding and Bonding"

(ominous)
"Do you see my name?!!! I think I damn well knew what I damn well meant when I made the damn rule"

Conversation over, beaaaatch.

Last edited:
The game and information is changing so fast these days, that strategy likely wouldn't work for all threads these days. What is linked from 5 years ago probably won't be relevant to today's game. Even then it sounds like kind of a troll move.

I heard someone copied and pasted some of his more troll posts to the people at his local club and that is why he went straight, lol.

The thing I like most about DGCR are the par and design discussions with Steve West and Chuck K, as well as the MJ thread.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't see this thread until today.

I have never been much to visit the Forum that often, I tend to spend most of my free time on facebook.

I do think DGCR is still the best source for planning trips and seeing what courses there are to play. More popular courses gets better reviews than the app everyone uses now.

I have done what I can to help keep DGCR relevant. I update new courses as I can. I do try to play every course I can get to in a 5 hour drive, so I have kept Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas pretty accurate as far as I know. Although the reason I popped on today was to see if I still had the bragging rights to Oklahoma (funny that you have to get down to the #6 guy to find someone in Oklahoma, the rest of us are Kansas, Texas and Arkansas players)

As an active course bagger, DGCR is extremally valuable in helping me keep track of the courses I have played. That is one of the reasons I have zero problem with my yearly dues to help keep the sight going.

Sorry I have not taken time to review more courses the last several months. I just have not had the time. I may go back and try to review courses that don't currently have review so people know what to expect when they play the course.

I did get a new phone so I am back to taking lots of pictures as I play a course. (my old phone would die before the round ended)

Found out a new course opened this weekend in Tyler. I knew it was in the works, but Tyler TX now has another course and should be on everyone's bucket list.

Latest posts