• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distances between courses

texhop58

Eagle Member
So I played a course over 1500 miles Away for home. So I was wondering what are some of your personal numbers. I'm from Fort Worth,tx and played Leonard park in mt kisco, ny. The distance between (by driving) the two was 1632.75 miles. My distance between the two furthest course I played is Leonard park, to circle c in Austin Texas and that came in at 1787. So let's hear it from some of you cross country players.

The distance between Indian Hammocks Park in Miami, FL and Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, CA is listed about 3,000 miles, but I didn't drive between the two.

I've played in BC, Canada and Florida with a distance of about 2370 miles. I've also played in Maine and southern California with a distance of about 2650 miles. I'll be playing a course or two in New Zealand in December, for a pretty good distance from home. :)

Diamond X in Billings MT to Whistler's Bend in Roseburg, OR is 1065 miles by car. I drove all of it, though not all in the same year. I have lived in 4 different places along the route at one time or another.

My longest trip to a course is "only" 638 miles... from home to Pleasant Hill in Scarborough, ME. :)

I was amused by this, though... It's 1,000 miles from Idlewild in Burlington, KY to Pleasant Hill, the two courses that I've played that are the furthest apart.

I've played in BC, Canada and Florida with a distance of about 2370 miles. I've also played in Maine and southern California with a distance of about 2650 miles. I'll be playing a course or two in New Zealand in December, for a pretty good distance from home. :)

Where in NZ? I'm currently living in Auckland I will still be here for the first two weeks of December and then will be road tripping through the South Island over Christmas and New Years. It could make for the most epic travel tag swap of all time!

Home for me is Toronto and ive played in Amsterdam which is around 6000 KM. Playing my first round in Auckland tommorrow @ 13800 KM

1720 miles here... Charlie Vettiner in Louisville, KY for 2012 US Masters to Vista Del Camino in Scottdale, AZ for the 2013 Memorial. I plan on increasing this Eastward to Rock Hill, SC next year and to Estacada,OR in 2105 for BSF. That should add another 1000 or so miles.

Closest I could come to straightline distance (quickly ;)) was using Google maps walking distance, I get 1,054 miles from T2 to my doorstep. Driving distance is 1,099, but it was more since I was staying at my grandmother's house for the week. Factoring in the extra driving, it was 1,177.

Only 818 miles to Appleton, WI for me.

Farthest distance between courses was 1352 between Appleton and Universal City, TX.

Idaho Falls, ID, USA and Wiley Universitaet, Neu-Ulm, Germany: 5,195.84 miles (Google Earth)

I've only got 829 road miles between my two farthest played (The Scrapyard in Charlotte to Fox River park in southern Wisconsin). But I've got a likely trip to Shawshank in Texas, so that would increase it a bit. :p

I've played in Maine and in SoCal. I don't feel like measuring it out, but it's far.

The furthest course I've driven to from home was Cambridge Park in Overland Park, KS, from Waynesburg, PA was 854 miles. The furthest distance between two courses I've played is California University of PA to Peregrine Point in Chico, CA (2,555 miles).

My home is Wilmington, NC.
Farthest course played by car is Strawberry Park, Preston, CT - 600mi
Farthest course played in US is Diamond X in Billings, MT - 1790 mi
Farthest course played in the world is Gruze, Winterthur, Switzerland - 4388 mi

Burgess Park in Marstons Mills, MA
Zobel Park in Green Lake, WI
1220 miles apart and i drove to both.

On a related subject......... I now have an ace in MA(Maple Hill) & WI(Zobel) which are 1,125 miles apart.

Longest distance between played courses...Highbridge to Va-Du-Mar in SC. 1139 miles, driving wise. I really need to get out more.