• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Down Time

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I apologize for the downtime everyone, the place where the server is hosted experienced some issues which brought all their customers down. The server came back up after like 3 hours but there were memory issues. They got on it pretty quickly and things seems to be back up and running. Here's what my hosting company posted about the problem.

At 3:24PM Central Standard Time, an incident occurred in the vicinity of our Arlington Heights data center. A power line went down as a result of an accident. This created massive power surge that was greatly mitigated by our breakers and surge protectors but resulted in one short, inciting some smoke. This was detected by our VESDA double pre-action smoke detection system and the fire department quickly arrived on site. This initial incident did not affect our service provision. However, the fire department instructed us to begin an EPO (emergency power off) procedure on our battery backup units as a safety precaution in accordance with the fire department review. The safety inspector and our electricians were required to be on site and ensure a safe power up to safeguard against equipment damage before we were able to move forward. The moment that we were cleared for a power up, we began turning customers back on in phases (as per recovery procedure, so as to not overload PDUs) and with haste.

Thanks for the inside info, timg! :)

Yes. We thank you oh great guru of DGCR for your insight and wisdom.

:D

p0rla.jpg

Thanks for all you do timg.

I think you're alone on that one unfortunately. Maybe try clearing your cookies or cache or something.

I did run into a glitch where a profile page message would not let me edit (well within the 5 minute period). Pretty sure it's not my work computer's issue.

Never saw that happen before. :shrug:

Sure Tim, blame it on somebody else... :p

I just added two disc's and it was very sluggish (10:30PM EST). Not sure if anyone else experienced this. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks again for the update Tim!

Should be normal and speedy again, it's always a bit sluggish after a reboot.

I guess I can just use the PDGA course directory during planned downtime...or I can try to teach my cat to throw a disc. I think option B would be more successful & less frustrating. Thanks Tim!

Latest posts