• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally, Minnesota

They had scorecards with maps at Kaposia when I played, it was no problem finding our way around with those.

They had scorecards with maps at Kaposia when I played, it was no problem finding our way around with those.

I couldn't remember if there was a map. Play it all the time but never use a card! Also, you can only get them if the shop is open when you get there.

Ah, that link is sweet. Thanks again.

You're welcome. That Valley setup is for Majestic too... 12, 13, and 14 on that map are temp holes but the rest of the layout is correct with the caveat that the hole numbers are all 3 too high after 11.

Awwwwww yeahhhh..... :cool:

Actually, while you're here, I am trying to leave tomorrow around noon to make the drive easier. So, I'd probably be able to play a course or two on the way. Axldog acres is still a long ways out, is it worth tryin to stop there around 6/7 at night? Or is that not enough time to get it in without finishing in the dark?

Axl Dog is one of the few courses that is always set up for night time play; with solar lights on the top of the baskets. Steve is a wonderful host; and if around, which is likely, will probably drive you around on the four wheeler; making things easier and faster. Besides that he's two time defending state master's champ and so a good guy to compete against and write down you beat, in your personal book, in your head, if you can pull that off. First time we played, he only beat me by one or two shots. You can crash/camp in a variety of places there also, if you would like. The seclusion and stars are very nice there as well; no light noise. Tell him I say heh, if you stop by...

Last edited:
Well, that answers that question.

(you da man Paul!)

With the lack of rain this summer, I bet the handful of prairie holes at axldog aren't too long, that'll speed up play too.

Heads up there is a tourney at Oakwood as well on Saturday. I would also recommend staying away from Hastings Middle School. Too many good courses around to waste your time there. If you want a few filler courses with traffic etc. You might want to sneak in Basset Creek Park, Silverview, and Central Park. I don't know if you had Bryant Lake on your list but that would be a must play. It's also close to Basset.

Is there really a tourney at The Valley AND Oakwood??? I see the one at The Valley on here, but nothing at Oakwood?

Is there really a tourney at The Valley AND Oakwood??? I see the one at The Valley on here, but nothing at Oakwood?

Yeah, there is :gross: Oakwood starts at 9 am and it's two rounds. Not sure how many people will show up to those events though. Perhaps not that many, and they'll be splitting the pool of players in half, so I don't think it will clog the courses too bad, but it won't help the pace of play at all.

Ugh, in that case I am probably going to do that later. Maybe do a Fort Snelling, Hyland, Bryant Lakes, Southwest loop instead tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in meeting up, shoot me a PM or post here or something.

Hmm.. depends when I get up. Maybe,

Fort Snelling around 7:30
Bryant/Hyland around 10??? I can do either one first, but I'm right next to Fort Snelling right now.

I don't have a set schedule, so it's pretty loose.

730 is awfully early for me, and I have to work... If you want to play an evening round, or are going to be around tomorrow I can probably meet you somewhere.

I'll be around all day; here and there. PM inbound.

Axl needs to get some kind of tees in. Great course other than the few DIY baskets and dirt tees. These NEED to be fixed if Steve wants to keep hosting B-Tiers at his course. Love the design though!

No, i got off a little later than planned, so I hit up some niners on the way. :\

It really is a HAUL to get there from home, seriously. I couldn't imagine if I tried to get there after work, during rush hour. Like that one time I said I was going to.

Latest posts