• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FORE! A thread for stories of Accidental Hits and Near Misses

My friend Todd was holding the camera. It isn't me driving but still...

Last edited:
We have a left handed friend who has only flicked for the 5 or so years he has been playing. Back last year, we are playing a casual round and he decided he was gonna backhand one. We were standing BEHIND that tee pad. He steps up and fires! The disc comes out of his hand and hits a guy who was with us standing behind the tee pad in the forehead. It was the craziest thing. Needless to say, he doesn't backhand around us anymore lol.

Did not hear a Fore the other day as I was walking down the fairway on 3 at Shady Oaks in Orangevale, CA. When I hear that tell tale humming. This thing must have missed the back of my head by inches, needless to say I was perturbed and proceeded to tell him (obviously in a calm and soothing way) not to throw a speed 11 driver on a 250' hole because he might just overshoot it.

A couple summers ago I was out with my daughter - standing off to the side. She threw a Shark sideways and right into my cheekbone!
I had to remind her of that this past Saturday. She was playing in the Women's Global Event at Hudson, OH, and on one of the holes I was standing to the side of the tee pad because of the trees around it. She launched it straight at me again, but fortunately, this time there was a tee sign between the two of us, and she nailed it!

not a person hit, but a car.

short, heavy wooded, very small fairway. parking lot to the immediate right. you basically throw along their bumpers.

parking lot is full. i tell my buddy that i'm skipping the hole. he says he isn't. i tell him three times he is going to hit a car.

he bounces his drive off of what looked like a very large, new, expensive pick-up truck.

told ya so.

(i don't have a human story yet so settle for the car one for now)

yesterday i was playing with some friends and the park was pretty busy, we're waiting at the tee for hole 6, some people tee off from hole 5, and we watch his disc to see where it goes and hits a guy right in the arm, i did not see where the disc was going since i was looking back towards the thrower, but the thrower did not say a single word to warn the person who got hit and didnt even say sorry to him...some peoples kids, i tell ya

Not an on the course story, but my son managed to hit my wife. We were shooting off a cliff top down to our basket and my wife was standing back behind and to the side of it filming. I was tossing floaters out wide and just letting them glide down to the basket. My son steps up with a Roc+ and sends a line drive right towards the camera. From the cliff top we see what appears to be my wife dancing perfectly around the disc avoiding a hit. When we get down there she wasn't happy and had a giant welt across her thigh. Turns out it didn't miss. Since then we tease him about not yelling Fore.

About a week ago...me and my son were at the park..he was playing and running around as usual while i took some practice shots in a wide open field...then as soon as i start working on my forehand, he walks right in front of me..i seen it played out in my mind a thousand times but i never thought it would happen..the kid is sporting a nice little bruise under his eye..he took it like a champ though...still feel s%$**y for it though.

About a week ago...me and my son were at the park..he was playing and running around as usual while i took some practice shots in a wide open field...then as soon as i start working on my forehand, he walks right in front of me..i seen it played out in my mind a thousand times but i never thought it would happen..the kid is sporting a nice little bruise under his eye..he took it like a champ though...still feel s%$**y for it though.

Almost the same exact thing happened while doing field practice one day. Nailed my daughter right on the hip!

My friend has the habit of standing to the front right side of the tee REALLY close and I tell him all the time to move away...long story short he gets it in the elbow with a big hyzer right off the tee.

Now he stand behind the tee like a normal person.

I was playing in a doubles tournament. My partner takes his throw and grip locks it. It starts to go on a path that would take it way past the road and well out of bounds. Both of us are expecting OB, when at the last moment, we notice a white pickup truck headed down the road. BAM! It smoked the passenger door of the truck and ricocheted back in bounds! Thanks and sorry about that paint job!

saw a guy today get busted in the shin by a groove from about 40' away...busted right open...he asked if i had a band-aid..i said bro you're gonna need alot more than a band aid...it was brutal...but somehow comical since they had aleady holed out and were just hanging out at the basket...(his buddy is the one who nailed him)

Hit my 2 yr old son by accident with a putter - similar to the other story - practicing putts in the backyard. He has a bad habit of standing right in front of the basket, so I usually take a disc, toss it 25 - 30' away, and putt while he goes to get it. Well he's running full force to throw his disc into the basket, just as I release & catch him right in the fo' head.... He just looked at me like, "What the F*#k, DUDE?!?"

I also hit my brother-in-laws neighbor's house. But that thing jumped right in front of my practice drive...

The funniest one that I've seen was at Twin Creeks park in Buffalo Grove, IL, a typical pitch n' putt.

The old layout had a long finishing hole, maybe around 350' or so. My buddy throws a RHFH Boss shot that turned just a little more than planned; hit a walking path, and bounced up into the lap of a woman sitting on a park bench about 400'-425' out. We looked at each other with jaws dropped; he couldn't believe he overshot the hole by 50'-75'.

The lady was OK, it had slowed down a good amount by the time it got to her. Pretty funny that it landed perfectly in her lap like a little dog jumping on the couch. :D

Hit cars several times. The most recent was during dubs at Herman Michael Park, I drive to hole #1, the wind shifts, blows the disc into the door of a car that a lady was getting into :eek:

The scariest near hit was @ 2 yrs ago. Playing a casual round at Sandy Creek Park, I drive on hole #10, shank it, and the disc sails within a few inches of a lady carrying a baby, right at head height. Everyone in the group were yelling "FORE!!", but she didn't even notice it.
I had the shakes the rest of the round...

I have only hit one person. I picked his disc out of the basket when he made a long putt, yelled Yo and threw it back. Hit him right on the bridge of the nose. I felt like an idiot and have never done that since.

My dog "The Yo" is a 7 pound chihuahua that loves to come golfing. He likes to stand in front of the tee, get real low and watch the discs fly over him. I pounded a putter into the side of him from about 2o feet on a 250 foot hole. Completely knocked the wind out of him, but in a few minutes he was good to go again

I witnessed a combo car/person hit at BG Ams this year.

Hole 15 at BG Technical College requires a big RH hyzer off the tee, with an access road along the right side of the fairway that is OB. Guy in my group prepares to tee off as a school-owned work truck is travelling slowly up the road away from us. For some reason the guy doesn't wait the 10 seconds required for truck to be clear of his sightline and throws. His disc hits the driver's side rear-view mirror, richochets into the truck, and hits the guy in the passenger seat. The truck doesn't even slow down, and the passenger calmly tosses the disc out of his window.

Of course, the guy who threw the disc (which would have probably hyzered inbounds had it not hit the truck) was incredulous, as if it was somehow the fault of the guy driving the truck that it happened.

This leads me to a question. If the driver would have tossed the disc out of his window back in bounds, does he get to benefit from this "rub of the green" or does he have to place it back where the outside agency touched it?

About two weeks ago, I watched as my wife drove rhfh off of tee 7 at Veterans Park in Lexington.... the disc shanked left towards the walking path. I yelled FORE! A man that was walking the path literally hurdled the disc. I was trying my hardest not to laugh as he told my wife, "that's going to be a bogie". What a champ! I then apologized for my wife's errant throw and I got to joke around with her the rest of the round.

I have to share this one.

At bowling green, 1st round at White.

We were playing hole 2 and a guy in my card was working his way up to a 15 or something on the hole. It was a drive, OB, take 2 steps, throw, OB, take 2 steps... etc. One of the throws that got away from him was a chuck that intently advanced the disc while not caring if it went OB or note. Well, needless to say, the anger and lack of thought ended up with a disc to the leg of a guy walking down hole 3.

The guy was pretty understanding. I was just happy that I witnessed a higher score than I've ever had on a hole during pdga (my record was a 13 :D) I kid, the worst feeling in the world is your tourney being over in a 2 minute time frame.

Latest posts