• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

I once saw this drunk wandering around the middle of a fairway. We hollered at him a bit and he ignored us. We hollered a little louder "Heads up"

He looked back, Told us to F Off, dropped trow and took a steamer right in the middle of the fairway. he then wandered over to the closest garbage can and lit it on fire.

He then wandered off.

It was a unique day

Sounds like a normal day in L.A:|

I once saw this drunk wandering around the middle of a fairway. We hollered at him a bit and he ignored us. We hollered a little louder "Heads up"

He looked back, Told us to F Off, dropped trow and took a steamer right in the middle of the fairway. he then wandered over to the closest garbage can and lit it on fire.

He then wandered off.

It was a unique day

Sound like something that would happen at Toronto Island. :p

I played Miramar Park in Sea Brook, TX yesterday, and on hole #9, about 20ft to the left of the tee, near the bench, I found a large roll of duct tape. It didn't look new, but it was still in good shape, so I took it. Thought it was really strange to see it on a Disc Golf course though.

A group picnic-ing using the basket as their center piece... sigh...

beydl1.jpg

When I see that, I always wonder if anyone goes up to them and explains what the baskets are really for.

I played Miramar Park in Sea Brook, TX yesterday, and on hole #9, about 20ft to the left of the tee, near the bench, I found a large roll of duct tape. It didn't look new, but it was still in good shape, so I took it. Thought it was really strange to see it on a Disc Golf course though.

midnight you took the only thing the locals had to solve the string of homicides:doh:

I once saw a Pack Meeting of Cub/ Boy scouts setting up their field games around a basket. They used the basket itself to hang their clothes and other equipment like it was a closet or coat check. I played through the first time before anything really was set-up, hoping my presence alone would give them the impression they were in the wrong spot. I was not the only one on the course, just the first one to meet them there.

However, they did not take the hint and the second time through I made sure everything was under my breath while still showing my frustration that they were not sharing the course. Being that I have two boys in Cub Scouts, I knew it was not worth the time or the confrontation to make it a big deal. I simply played 17 holes that day and moved on.

Another time our group came across a middle-aged couple who had decided to take a nap on this fine summer day. They had spread out a blanket and were fast asleep. Unfortunately the spot they picked was 40 feet from a basket and this course sees a ton of traffic during the summer. To make matters worse, the spot they picked was blind from the tee box as it was uphill. My friend landed less than five feet from them, but they never stirred. He proceeded to putt over them and then went back to pose like he was putting again just so that I could take the picture.

There was a couple asleep in a sleeping bag near the teepad Saturday. I was suprised the didn't wake up when both my friend and I threw into trees and commenced to cussin'. It was close to noon so they needed to get up anyway...

He then wandered off.

It was a unique day

epic. you can't make this stuff up haha

Hmmm. How about walking up to the tee pad and waiting on a guy to throw but he is just to busy talking to the tee sign (he was playing alone). I was waiting on him to introduce me to his friend the tee sign. Not sure what he was on but dang. I could not stop laughing.

The other day my group stumbled upon a gathering of young boys and an older dude standing around a basket with one hand on it. They weren't saying anything or moving so we played up to the basket and asked them to move. We had to repeat the question while they stared at us silently before they moved aside, again, without saying a word. Needless to say we had the creeps after that.

The other day my group stumbled upon a gathering of young boys and an older dude standing around a basket with one hand on it. They weren't saying anything or moving so we played up to the basket and asked them to move. We had to repeat the question while they stared at us silently before they moved aside, again, without saying a word. Needless to say we had the creeps after that.

They were praying to the disc golf gods...dude, you interupted them...;)

A while back, maybe even buried somewhere in this thread, I read that someone had caught a group of picnicers using a basket as a BBQ. They had stuffed the basket full of charcoal and used the chains to hang their meat.

It was a funny story that I shrugged off and did not take too seriously until I saw a group attempt just this at Central Park in Brooklyn Park, MN. This guy was standing next to Hole #2, which is close but not too close to the pavilion, with a bag of charcoal and looking at the basket like he was trying to figure out how to use it as a grill. He finally backed away when he saw me on the teebox waving my disc and me yelling that I was ready to tee off.

He then wandered off.

It was a unique day

This story is fiction.

About two years ago I was waiting on hole 7 at Morley Field in San Diego when the group in front of me were teeing off. The second guy tees off and his drive hyzers right heading over the OB street. As the disc is about 5-6ft in the air over the street, an RV truck is coming up the same street. The disc smacks the RV right in the front grill and brings the RV to a screeching halt. Next I see the driver get out of the RV through the backside door, walks up to the front and realizes what just hit his RV. Sees the disc lying on the street and goes to pick it up.

At this time, the guy and his buddies start running up to the RV and somehow I decided to follow suit. The RV driver goes back inside and starts to drive up the street when the other guys jump in front of the RV bringing it to a halt. Some words are exchanged through the passenger side window with the disc golfer yelling at the driver to give him back his disc. The RV driver comes out of the backside door again, this time with some metal switch about 3ft long, looked like a car antenna. The disc golfer is yelling at the guy to give him back his disc while the driver starts swinging the switch at him. The disc golfer maneuvers around and jumps into the RV to retrieve his disc while the driver follows him inside. The disc golfer manages to get out of the RV with disc in hand and all I could do was stand there in astonishment of what just happened. The RV driver takes off and I noticed a small dent in the front grill. What some will do for a disc.

About two years ago I was waiting on hole 7 at Morley Field in San Diego when the group in front of me were teeing off. The second guy tees off and his drive hyzers right heading over the OB street. As the disc is about 5-6ft in the air over the street, an RV truck is coming up the same street. The disc smacks the RV right in the front grill and brings the RV to a screeching halt. Next I see the driver get out of the RV through the backside door, walks up to the front and realizes what just hit his RV. Sees the disc lying on the street and goes to pick it up.

At this time, the guy and his buddies start running up to the RV and somehow I decided to follow suit. The RV driver goes back inside and starts to drive up the street when the other guys jump in front of the RV bringing it to a halt. Some words are exchanged through the passenger side window with the disc golfer yelling at the driver to give him back his disc. The RV driver comes out of the backside door again, this time with some metal switch about 3ft long, looked like a car antenna. The disc golfer is yelling at the guy to give him back his disc while the driver starts swinging the switch at him. The disc golfer maneuvers around and jumps into the RV to retrieve his disc while the driver follows him inside. The disc golfer manages to get out of the RV with disc in hand and all I could do was stand there in astonishment of what just happened. The RV driver takes off and I noticed a small dent in the front grill. What some will do for a GROOVE.

FTFY ;)

Latest posts