• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Great pics.... so if the disc landed in the car... would that be an unplayable lie? Would you have to putt from inside the car? On top of the car?

I'd think you'd have to putt from directly above your lie. so on the roof. or inside through the front windshield.

Last edited:
I was playing Shawshank in Huntsville, TX yesterday, and all of the holes have cool names. Hole 9 was called, "Alice In Chains" and about have way up with fairway we found this:

DiscGolfHuntsville044.jpg

Here I am at Shawshank in Huntsville, TX. The whole course has a prison theme and the owner asked us to dress up like prisoners and he took some photos, along with our wives. The hole behind me is the final basket, and it has a fountain running though the middle of the basket, so your putter gets a shower at the end. The dogs name is also, "Warden" and he follows you around and shows you the course. It was my first time there and I enjoyed it:

DiscGolfHuntsville026.jpg

Here I am at Shawshank in Huntsville, TX. The whole course has a prison theme and the owner asked us to dress up like prisoners and he took some photos, along with our wives. The hole behind me is the final basket, and it has a fountain running though the middle of the basket, so your putter gets a shower at the end. The dogs name is also, "Warden" and he follows you around and shows you the course. It was my first time there and I enjoyed it:

DiscGolfHuntsville026.jpg

That fountain hole is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen in Disc Golf...

Guns and Cannons!

Oak Island. First pic is of a kid (dry) firing his first gun over the top of hole 12 basket (down old 2 fairway). Second pic and remainder of the video is from 13 tee looking down the fairway. At about 250' they dug a huge crater into the middle of the fairway.

Last week I threw a terrible shot that went to the right of the fairway and got stuck in a tree. It was about 300 ft out and ten feet high. So my buddy throws and the wind turns his over right into my disc and knocked it out of the tree!!!! I almost signed it.

I just came to say that I came in second in a tourney over the weekend, that was kind of weird. Maybe. Depending on who you are. But probably not to most people.

I just came to say that I came in second in a tourney over the weekend, that was kind of weird. Maybe. Depending on who you are. But probably not to most people.

For you that is totally bizarre. :D

My guess is that Forest did most of the real work.

Also at Beaver Island, different day, on the 18th hole; there was a guy that got his disc stuck about 30 up in a tree in a bird's nest. We were playing and couldn't figure out why this other party was still on the hole, so when we walked over, and asked, everyone just kinda pointed up; it was pretty funny.

A friend got a disc stuck in a tree. He threw other discs at it for a while, but decided he needed something bigger and threw his bag. Yes, you all know where this is going.

Great old thread!

I saw the strangest sight I can remember at Chandler Park in Tulsa. A group of guys and a woman or two were teeing off on hole one - with bowling balls! We watched them walk to their bowling ball and proceed to throw a metal trash can lid toward the basket. After two throws with a lid, they finished out the hole with their putters. They pulled a wagon with all the stuff on it. Definitely an interesting way to start a round!

I was playing doubles a couple weeks back, and on the second shot of a par 4 my disc got stuck in a low hanging branch next to the basket. My partner then proceeded to throw his shot which then proceeded to get stuck ON TOP of my disc. Never seen one disc get stuck in that branch, and then two got stuck on top of each other. Pretty funny to see.

Was playing kentwood the other day a 3 HS aged girls were chucking, struggling, pushing a stroller up #5. I found myself wondering if they were carrying discs in the stroller while waiting on the tee. They let me play through on 6 while they took a cig break/talked on cells.

It was a baby, not a cart for discs. When I finished 18 they were still going - they were othe fairway on ten.

I applaud the commitment to disc golf - just seemed a little weird.