• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

a parked car right infront of the basket

20120929_120150_zpse5027863.jpg

20120929_120358_zps6725165b.jpg

A guy using a PUSH CART for his discs :p my friends and I DIED laughing!!!!! :p :)

Hey don't be hating on the push carts. Mine allows me to carry extra beers and water for those idiots out there that don't carry anything and get dehydrated. It also saves me from back pains after 2 rounds.

Finally got out and played a round. When we started there where 2 guys flying airplanes, we watched in amazement for a few minutes and continued are round. We close to finishing and back in the area where the airplanes where. Instead of flying airplanes it was two men swinging and throwing a grappling hook into a tree. One of them managed to get the plane stuck 100 feet up in the tree. They where still there 40 minutes later when we left. Felt bad because there was no way that they where going to reach it.

We have a bunch of guys that do the same thing at Tyler State Park between holes 25, 26, and 27. Me and Gripenemys2yk were playing one night and heard this loud buzzing noise as we were walking up 23's fairway....once we got out to where 25's basket was we noticed these two guys playing with one of those airplanes.....after holing out on 26 we didn't hear the noise anymore and it turns out the younger of the two guys crashed the plane straight into the ground and it shattered.

I also saw this at Canby park in Delaware...two guys were flying two different planes and one plane was chasing the other plane and trying to cut a ribbon off the tail of the lead plane...it turns out there are competitions that people sign up for somewhere..:doh:

We have a bunch of guys that do the same thing at Tyler State Park between holes 25, 26, and 27. Me and Gripenemys2yk were playing one night and heard this loud buzzing noise as we were walking up 23's fairway....once we got out to where 25's basket was we noticed these two guys playing with one of those airplanes.....after holing out on 26 we didn't hear the noise anymore and it turns out the younger of the two guys crashed the plane straight into the ground and it shattered.

I also saw this at Canby park in Delaware...two guys were flying two different planes and one plane was chasing the other plane and trying to cut a ribbon off the tail of the lead plane...it turns out there are competitions that people sign up for somewhere..:doh:

You can't make fun of anyone else's hobby...you throw plastic at metal for fun...

Was playing Timmons Park in Greenville, SC last Tuesday with a friend of mine. We came up to hole #8 and I tee'd off. I turn around to see him looking down in the creek bed that runs behind the tee box. I go over to see what he's looking at and there's a middle aged guy passed out in the creek, with a bottle of King Cobra malt liquor sitting right next to him. :doh:

Called the local non-emergency #, since we didn't know if he was hurt or anything. The jerk woke up halfway through the call, yelled at us for calling someone, and staggered off through the woods toward the road. To top it all off he stops about half way into the woods and relieves himself.

By far the most interesting thing I've seen while playing.

Hole #2 yesterday was surrounded by cars. Turned out to be a huge group of LARPers.
Today we sat and waited for the genius in the group ahead of us who tied his poor dog to #7's basket and left him there while he walked over and used the restrooms.

You can't make fun of anyone else's hobby...you throw plastic at metal for fun...

I wasn't making fun of anyone else's hobby...it was just very odd to have seen it on a disc golf course....I also couldn't believe after talking with both of them that there are competitions for this sort of hobby...if it makes them happy...go to town amigos...just don't crash that thing on me or around me please...:D

One time this couple was driving by the basket I was getting ready to hole out on, When I looked up right before I got in position for my putt I noticed the passenger had her head in the drivers lap.. if you catch my drift here...

Needless to say I started laughing and totally shanked my putt...

Gunn park eh?

Ok........ i think i may have a contender for the weirdest of the year.

Schenectady, NY
Central Park DGC
Hole 5

Happened sometime last night and discovered my some local golfers at 9am today.

Hole was off limits from 10am-3pm for a crimminal investigation. Stay tuned for more details.

170352_g.jpg

170353_g.jpg

170354_g.jpg

Ok........ i think i may have a contender for the weirdest of the year.

THIS

Lemmie guess...someone was drunk or high as a kite and decided driving around in the grass was a good idea. Then, when they got stuck in the soft sod they rev'ed the motor until it over heated trying to get out. Thinking this sounded funny listening to the motor rev like crazy they continued to do so until it caught fire and then fled on foot to avoid the DUI. :thmbup:

THIS

Lemmie guess...someone was drunk or high as a kite and decided driving around in the grass was a good idea. Then, when they got stuck in the soft sod they rev'ed the motor until it over heated trying to get out. Thinking this sounded funny listening to the motor rev like crazy they continued to do so until it caught fire and then fled on foot to avoid the DUI. :thmbup:

Nice....

I'm going to go with a bunch of kids trying to re-enact the end of Superbad where the two cops wreck the police car, set it on fire, and then shoot it with pistols.

Great pics.... so if the disc landed in the car... would that be an unplayable lie? Would you have to putt from inside the car? On top of the car?

Not my course.just elaborating on an earlier post.
If it stayed, would you get a drop if your disc landed in the car? what's the ruling on that?
man-made obstruction?

Latest posts