• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funny reactions on the course

I saw this guy I really felt sorry for. He was there with his wife, and looked like small child, and he was only carring 2 discs. He was playing Bear Branch, and hole #3 has a 100ft shot over the water, and hole #4 its about 150ft over the water. He makes it over on #3, and as we are coming up on #2, this poor guy throws is disc, almost straight up in the air, and it comes down right in the middle of the pond. This guy had a look on his face like a bully had just stolen his ice cream, and he hung his head low, and walked off the course to the parking lot and left. I tried to holler at him, because I was going to offer a disc to him out of my bag , because I felt sorry for him, but he ignored me and just left. I guess he was too ashamed.

Throwing LHBH freaks other golfers out.
I pull stuff that starts turning left, and everybodys jaw drops, they're like " Oh man, tough break" and "Thats a shame"
Then it turns back and parks in the middle of the fairway and they're like " WTF? "

Righties. :rolleyes:

Another fun thing on the course is when we're playing fun rounds we do this thing where if you tee off and nail a tree right off the bat you can retrieve your disc and reshoot with no penalty by hopping on one foot and singing I'm a little tee pot. If you can get your disc and get back with 6 hops without falling over you get to reshoot. Funny as hell to watch.

Nice. I love stupid little rules that get your opponent to act like an ass. :thmbup:

I'll let those of you who know what the deal was with this guy put 1 and 1 together to make 2 on that one.

Breaking Bad is a popular show....

My group plays somethn similar to the hopping tea-pot game. During casual rounds, our version is that if you hit a tree in front of you and can catch the dsic before it hits the group you can re-throw without penalty.

** story from a friend of mine, reposted without his expressed, written permission **

Buddy was playing a solo round in a mixed use park. A nice old lady was taking a stroll and came up to him after he finished a hole. In the quintessential grandma voice, she politely points to the basket and asks "is that for cleaning your frisbee off?". He didn't know what to say. I guess the idea of explaining the entire game seemed too daunting. haha.

Other experiences from this park include people thinking they are doing you a favor by picking up your disc and (attempting to) throw it back to you.... Oy.

Dedicated land for disc golf courses FTW.

Other experiences from this park include people thinking they are doing you a favor by picking up your disc and (attempting to) throw it back to you.... Oy.

I had an asian kid who obviously was a foreign exchange student at NC State stop and grab my disc then look at me as if he should throw it to me. I said. "no man, just leave it there."

he gave the 'i'm gonna throw it to you motion/signal' and again i said "no, just drop it right there I'm coming to get it." He then looks at me and then looks up to the basket... and throws it to the basket. Then he just smiled and walked off.

My friend yelled at me from the basket that he was gonna throw it back so I could reshoot and I said f that. That asian guy is part of the course, I'm throwing from there.

My friend yelled at me from the basket that he was gonna throw it back so I could reshoot and I said f that. That asian guy is part of the course, I'm throwing from there.

I'm remembering this for the next time that happens to me LOL. I wonder what a TD would say to that? lol

We had an old couple come up and ask us if the baskets were some kind of Bar-B-Que pit.:doh:

I've been asked, "Why are you throwing frisbees at the deer feeder? You might dent it." :\

I wanted to strangle the bastard because the way I was throwing that day, there wasn't a chance in hell I was going to hit the basket anyway. :|

Today I played 9 holes with 2 people I just met there.

On a 220' blind hole guy throws his groove and has an alright shot. I throw my putter (warlock) and park it 3' from the basket. They were dumbfounded that anyone would throw a putter from a tee and get closer than they did with their drivers.

Today I played 9 holes with 2 people I just met there.

On a 220' blind hole guy throws his groove and has an alright shot. I throw my putter (warlock) and park it 3' from the basket. They were dumbfounded that anyone would throw a putter from a tee and get closer than they did with their drivers.

I love it! :hfive:

Yesterday was a beautiful day at CP Adams in Hastings MN, I'm sure it drew out many of the local high schoolers, or maybe that place is always like that, but it was crawling with 2 disc wonder kids, which was a bit annoying, maybe even slightly intimidating, I felt like I was the only one out there with more than three discs on him. But, at the same rate, it made me feel like a top rated pro! I'm not great, inconsistent, streaky at best, but I can string together several great shots and it seemed like half of the park was watching my great shots.

I got several "Nice shot!"s as I drained a 50 ft birdie putt on hole 4, then I must have had people's attention because as I nearly aced hole 5, this drew shouts from all over the course "Share some of that talent with the rest of the class!". This followed me through most of the round. Hole 17, 350' I overshot by about 150' (downhill rollaway I think, took me forever to find my disc in the middle of 18 fairway), this drew some murmurs of approval from the crowd "at least you threw it really far!". Hole 18, the group ahead of me (I had just let past me as I was looking for my disc) was hanging out near the basket and seemed in no hurry to vacate. Knowing I wasn't going to hit anybody with any force at 460', I parked the shot with a sky roller again with murmurs behind me, then as I drained my birdie putt, I looked up to see the crowd giving me a "golf clap". I know it's not much, but it made me feel like I was awesome, as I walked past kid says "Nice bird, you must be a pro, I wish I had something for you to sign" Hah! Not a pro buddy, just a no name player hanging out at the bottom of the advanced pool most of the time.

my friend overshot a very short hole by a good 70 feet and it landed near a playground. a little girl came over from the playground while everyone else was shooting, picked it up, and threw it over her head as hard as she could then immediately started walking away. it clunked into the basket for a no-chains birdie

we all looked at him as he blurted out right away "that counts for birdie"

my friend overshot a very short hole by a good 70 feet and it landed near a playground. a little girl came over from the playground while everyone else was shooting, picked it up, and threw it over her head as hard as she could then immediately started walking away. it clunked into the basket for a no-chains birdie

we all looked at him as he blurted out right away "that counts for birdie"

Hah, that is awesome