• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
just got my first ace. I started playing in 2002, but took a few years off. I've been playing again for the past 4 years, and I just skipped a forehand into the basket on rosedale down under #15. I'm so happy.

1 year. Got it today. 171' through a ton of trees, slight dogleg left with an esp wasp 174 I got from apryva a few weeks ago. ESP Wasp tailed off at the very end and blew up the chains.... sweet....jerry

Is an ace an ace if it's in a throwoff? They forgot to put the flag out for the cash ctp last night at doubles so afterwards we had a throwoff. Pulled out my most trusted Buzzz & nothing but chains! It was from the tee & was one of the regular holes but wasn't during an official round. If it counts it will be #1, if not, oh well, cool shot & it was worth $20!

I started playing in 2000 and didn't get my first ace until 2007. I was playing with some friends and it was pretty exciting. I notice some people just hit aces more often. I usually play holes to get the putt, so I rarely get an ace run unless I mess up my drive or something. I think I've only gotten about 7 aces since then. I have friends here that rack up 10-15 a year.

maybe someone should make a new thread for this since some of the people that voted that they didn't have one, actually have one now.

the new thread could have more of a breakdown in time.

it could aslo give a full description of what aces count for that thread (since there was discussion about what type of ace counted)

maybe someone should make a new thread for this since some of the people that voted that they didn't have one, actually have one now.

the new thread could have more of a breakdown in time.

it could aslo give a full description of what aces count for that thread (since there was discussion about what type of ace counted)

if someone did make another one, the timeframe could be:
- Less than 6 months
- Less than 1 yr
- Less than 2 yrs
- Less than 3 yrs
- Less than 4 yrs
- Less than 7 yrs
- Less than 10 yrs
- Less than 15 yrs
- Even longer
- Don't plan on getting one

could omit the last part about not having an ace yet so that people dont vote on that, then get an ace, then not be able to switch votes.

the description of the ace that counts could read:
only aces for score, not cubby or black aces (with definitions on each)

Last Thursday, 11 months after starting this game. 117 Foot Hole 4, Acorn Park in Roseville, MN, 175 pink Org 175 Wizard on a slight Hyzer, "Ching" Hell yeah! Witnessed by my good friend Brooklyn.

I got my first on that hole last year with a white Wizard. Nice work!!!

I have yet to get one. I've had plenty hit metal or bounce off the chains but still can't get one to stick.

I hate you all. I hate even more that my bastard kid has 2 aces and feels the need to rub it in. I beat him by 10 strokes a round, but he has 2 aces and I have none.

**** all of you :)

if someone did make another one, the timeframe could be:
- Less than 6 months
- Less than 1 yr
- Less than 2 yrs
- Less than 3 yrs
- Less than 4 yrs
- Less than 7 yrs
- Less than 10 yrs
- Less than 15 yrs
- Even longer
- Don't plan on getting one

could omit the last part about not having an ace yet so that people dont vote on that, then get an ace, then not be able to switch votes.

the description of the ace that counts could read:
only aces for score, not cubby or black aces (with definitions on each)

Or not include the choice for yet to get one so those people without one yet could later on say how long it took in the poll once they do get one.

I started playing in 2000 and didn't get my first ace until 2007. I was playing with some friends and it was pretty exciting. I notice some people just hit aces more often. I usually play holes to get the putt, so I rarely get an ace run unless I mess up my drive or something. I think I've only gotten about 7 aces since then. I have friends here that rack up 10-15 a year.

I think there's a lot to be said about that. I notice the same trend. On my home course, I have trained my muscles to let the disc land and skip close for a nice birdie putt. Maybe that's why I'm still w/o an ace? Maybe I should forget about shooting under par and run the basket from now on.

TO THE COURSE!

It took me about 4 months to get my first ace...#9 at Golden Gate Park in SF. It's about 245 ft. in the B postion, downhill. Right when it hit the chains was roughly when I knew I'd be playing this sport for the rest of my life. :p

about 6 weeks. Now up to 24 after 16 years of playing. Had a drought for a while and then managed to hit 5 last year. 3 PDGA aces and 2 league aces. $$$$

I threw an Ace in high school when I didn't take the game very seriously. I had only been playing for a couple months and the promise of more Aces kept me coming back. I've had three more after that, but suffered a 7 year drought til my second....which is funny, because that's when I was playing the most amount of disc golf. Go figure!

Lookin' for some @ Highbridge next month! (yeah, right)

Played for almost 4 years before I got my first. 210ft but it was a blind hole, so I didn't even get to see it go in, but I heard it. It was so loud , I was sure it had blown though, but it stuck.

I have hit metal about 6 times, and I hope to get another ace soon

Lots of this depends on what courses are near you. Short course locations will have an earlier occurrence rating I would imagine.

Latest posts