• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Do you guys really think it is real?

photo1-e1335970521777.jpg

How about another couple. I think they're Rhynos, but got rid of my only Rhyno I had so no thumbtrac discs to compare to.

Both from 1999 california tourney stamps, weight in the 120's. Plastic is odd, really slick and reminds me of the junky frisbees (think they call them fastback). The white is slightly gummy/flexible, red is pretty stiff. Both have Ontario, CA Innova tooling.

birdies

Those are not rhinos for sure. They are either birdies or piranhas depending on the diameter of the disc.

the last generation piranhas are essentially thumbtrac birdies... true piranhas had the skinnier thumbtrac, then the mold broke and the fatter thumbtracs came out and eventually became thumbtrac birdies.

Any ideas on what these old gummy wasps go for now?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 79
7164664148_6008c095b2.jpg

7164663704_c58cb298b7.jpg

This Eagle I purchased years ago but forgot exactly what it is. Some sort of special blend prototype, was told it once belonged to Dave Dunipace himself.

Last edited:

Pretty positive that those are "thumbtrac sport discs". Sort of a mix of molds. Shallower then a Birdie. Usually a somewhat popped dome too. They used to give them out as spectator discs at the early USDGCs.

hUSrRtPl.jpg

Found this disc a year ago, still not sure exactly what this disc is. Google has failed me, so here i am.

KmN8daGs.jpg

Found this a week or two ago. Seems be be a Gateway Wizard of sorts with a large Dynamic stamp, but i can't find out anything concrete about it. Any input would be awesome!

Last edited:
definately a wizard..whats the letters on the bottom of the other one

My phone camera is terrible.:(

Cr99YMol.jpg

25th Annual Minnesota Majestic

June 22,23,24 2012

There are 4 names in the outer circle:

Blue Ribbon Pines
Haposia
Hyland SSA
The Valley

I assume these are course names?

yeah, those are course names. i did some quick google work to find the CFR discs for MN majestic in 2012 and judging from the low PLH it looks like that could be a blizzard katana? there was also a vulcan and a destroyer apparently but that rim doesn't look like a vulcan...i don't know what a katana's looks like.

there may have been other CFR discs for the 2012 majestic i am not aware of, since i only recently started and just did a google search . . . but those are the only 2 GGGT has in stock right now.

i really don't *know* but that's a ballpark at least even if it's just speculation.

is there no pen ink on the back of the disc?

Last edited:
is there no pen ink on the back of the disc?

Yeah, there is . Called the guy the day i found it, and talked to him and he said call him later when I'm in town. Called him 3 more times leaving voicemails to no avail, so i gave up.

Yeah, there is . Called the guy the day i found it, and talked to him and he said call him later when I'm in town. Called him 3 more times leaving voicemails to no avail, so i gave up.
What I think people are trying to get you to do is look for the pen markings in the center of the underside of the disc where the mold abbreviations are written. Right in the center there should be the weight and some letters, the letters would tell you what the disc is.

7164664148_6008c095b2.jpg

7164663704_c58cb298b7.jpg

This Eagle I purchased years ago but forgot exactly what it is. Some sort of special blend prototype, was told it once belonged to Dave Dunipace himself.

I Guess best I can say is that it was made pre-3rd run CE so 2002ish. I would guess that it's either, SE, CE or KC Pro. what plastic does it feel like?

What I think people are trying to get you to do is look for the pen markings in the center of the underside of the disc where the mold abbreviations are written. Right in the center there should be the weight and some letters, the letters would tell you what the disc is.

Whoops, my bad.

7VS2T8Gl.jpg

Numbers : 175

Letters: KA or K1

The ink is severely faded, and I had to go get a different flashlight and angle it just so to even start to see anything.

Latest posts