• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Can't be a Foxbat unless the Foxbat is a typical Innova mashup. It has an older tooling, or at least it looks like it. The Colt did have patent numbers though.

Hi there. I'm new to disc golf and to this forum. I just bought Latitude 64 disc that does not include a model name on the stamp. I think it is a Pure. Can anyone verify?
IMG_3613_zpsbhqgddzf.jpg

IMG_3616_zpsdwcnufoy.jpg

Looks like a harp to me.

Just got a a couple more I'm curious about. First it this Innova Ace. Feels kinda like a teebird, just curious if anyone else knows about this.
17851b74d206edff5b7326fd0c7b5644.jpg

And this Lat 64 Medius. Haven't found any info about flight numbers or anything. Sure it's OOP but not when or how well production went.
14fc5b3000a9b677092378759d2e5026.jpg

And if anyone can help identify this disc by the stamp that would be cool. It says San Francisco Safari, 2007.
4cc480f4c0970a4763122d15fd208250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a a couple more I'm curious about. First it this Innova Ace. Feels kinda like a teebird, just curious if anyone else knows about this.

And this Lat 64 Medius. Haven't found any info about flight numbers or anything. Sure it's OOP but not when or how well production went.

And if anyone can help identify this disc by the stamp that would be cool. It says San Francisco Safari, 2007.
4cc480f4c0970a4763122d15fd208250.jpg

*update*

So the San Francisco Safari has Discraft imprinted on the rim. Doesn't have the mold anywhere.

*update*

So the San Francisco Safari has Discraft imprinted on the rim....

Get the ruler/calipers out. Date does narrow it down a lot.

I have three Medius. Bought new but very cheap at a PIAS and found little info then.
? 5/4/0/1 A shallower and deadened buzzz was my opinion.

Last edited:
Get the ruler/calipers out. Date does narrow it down a lot.

I have three Medius. Bought new but very cheap at a PIAS and found little info then.
? 5/4/0/1 A shallower and deadened buzzz was my opinion.

I don't have a ruler around, but it feel comparable to a speed 10-12.
Here's a side view.
5153f02db21ab3ae743a07c989e7e1d7.jpg

Surge, Flash, Crush, Rogue, Riptide are all possible options as to what that mystery disc is. I would throw it in the field and see how it flies and that would help determine which one it is. My guess is Surge but it could be any of them.

The Innova Ace is an old "made for Wal-Mart" disc. They all weighed in the 160's someplace. It's the same mold used top make the Millennium JLS run in DX plastic. Millennium doesn't use DX so that made it somewhat unique to the JLS I suppose. They only made them in the early 00's.

Edit: It's says right on the stamp, they were all 165g.

Lat 64 came out in the mid '00's with a putter (Sinus) mid (Medius) and driver (Primitus). The putter and driver were meathooks. The Medius had a little early turn and a lot of late dump, so you could get some decent D off a big S flight, kinda like a shorter Eagle. None of those early discs were really any good. After a few years they started making discs that you could use (Pure/Striker/Trident/XXX) and the Core was the only decent Mid they had. It's funny that they are taking over the disc golf World now, because for the first 5-6 years they were around their discs kinda stunk.

Last edited:
None of those early discs were really any good. After a few years they started making discs that you could use (Pure/Striker/Trident/XXX) and the Core was the only decent Mid they had. It's funny that they are taking over the disc golf World now, because for the first 5-6 years they were around their discs kinda stunk.

So I have to disagree with parts of what you have to say here.
1. The Sinus is still semi popular, so it could not have been too bad.
2. Are they really taking over the disc golf world, or do they just sponsor some really good players? What are the discs that are taking over? Other than the River, Saint, Pure, Dagger, and the Compass (which was new last year, so hard to say if the popularity will continue) none for their discs were in the 10 best selling discs in the categories of driver, mid, putter from Infinite Discs (the only place that seems to release that data.)

2. Are they really taking over the disc golf world, or do they just sponsor some really good players? What are the discs that are taking over? Other than the River, Saint, Pure, Dagger, and the Compass (which was new last year, so hard to say if the popularity will continue) none for their discs were in the 10 best selling discs in the categories of driver, mid, putter from Infinite Discs (the only place that seems to release that data.)
1) In the context of a overstable low-profile specialty putter it can be a decent compliment to a main, more versatile putter. It was the only putter they had, though. It was too overstable and kinda gimicky (grip spots?) when it was their only putter. They fixed that with the Pure, but they were open for business for around three years before that happened.

2) Dynamic Discs is for realz going to take over the World, the only question is if they are going to stop with the disc golf World or just keep going. Dynamic might break off at some point, but right now they are a Lat 64 brand. I get people all the time that want to show me their "all trilogy bag." There are the beginnings of a weird brand loyalty there. Of course what they are trying to bit into is probably an 80-85%ish Innova market share so that's not going to evaporate overnight. They look solidly to be #2 now and the only real threat Innova would be looking at, but Innova is still clearly in possession of a huge portion of the market. When Lat 64 started out I would have never guessed that 11 years down the road they would have passed Discraft , because they started with a weird putter, a meathook driver and an unmemorable Mid with weird names that were hard to pronounce. I thought they were going to be like Prodiscus is now; a kinda cool foreign brand that you almost never see on the course.

Of course those are just, like, my opinion, man. Like everything I post on the Interwebz.

Last edited:

Trilogy is taking over. L64 on their own is meh, but Dynamic and Westside makes some killer plastic( truth, convict, judge, harp to name a few). They're also very good at making similar disc in hand feel with very different flights. Gives the illusion of beat in mold minimalist style bags but when everything is fresh out the box. I still generally prefer Innova, but honestly I think it's because I'm old enough that it was either that or discraft. Had I started now I can see myself being far more drawn to Trilogy discs.

Need help identifying this

Anyone know what disc this is? It's definitely a speed 11. 21.1cm diameter, 2.1cm rim. No markings on bottom. It has patent numbers. Wraith? Archon maybe? I'd like to sell it but need to know exactly what it is first. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0FBFEB28-5099-43A0-B7A5-843001FDFD6C_zpsghca2uhy.jpg
    0FBFEB28-5099-43A0-B7A5-843001FDFD6C_zpsghca2uhy.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 42
  • BA14CB81-E2A1-40ED-B2A0-41B13577891D_zps9tkredpp.jpg
    BA14CB81-E2A1-40ED-B2A0-41B13577891D_zps9tkredpp.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 41
More than likely it is either a Wraith or a TeeRex, though it could be a Max or Monster.

It looks like a wraith to me. It's definitely not an Archon which has a Vulcan top. With a 2.1 cm rim, it's a pretty safe bet it's a Wraith. TeeRex is slightly wider at 2.2cm I believe.

It looks like a wraith to me. It's definitely not an Archon which has a Vulcan top. With a 2.1 cm rim, it's a pretty safe bet it's a Wraith. TeeRex is slightly wider at 2.2cm I believe.

The rim definitely looks like a Wraith but for some reason I thought the Star Wraith never had a Proto-Star stamp. I thought the first Star Wraiths had the Augusta Wraith stamp.

The Wraith, Archon, TeeRex and DM DD all have the same bottom piece.

If it's been thrown, chunk it once and if it goes far it's a wraith, if it goes nowhere but left it's a TeeRex. Looks a lot like a Wraith but it's hard to tell becauer they all have similar wings.

Any info about my Icebowl 95' disc?

I got this Icebowl 95' disc and I can't seem to figure out what mold it is. It could be a Roc, seemed similar to the ones at the store today. Threw it a couple times and loved it. It says 'Ontario' CAL. on the back.

Did the Icebowl tourny only produce Rocs from 1995-2000ish? I'll post a pic on imgur if that helps.

I got this disc in a lot for 50$ which had an 11x KC Eagle, Discraft MRV, Storm, Cyclone, PFN Cheetah and a new Innova bag. Couldn't be happier with it.

Latest posts