• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Iron Hill. Please Read Before You Play

I remember after our nine-hole went in Dave McCormack was there and told me that he had been approached to design another course in town. He said the landowners wanted a tough, tournament-quality course and he wasn't sure that was right for a town that had no disc golf scene. He thought a beginner-friendly course would be better. I disagreed and told him we were standing on a beginner-friendly course. Making the next course harder would create a balance and the courses would compliment each other. I don't know if that had any impact on him or not, but he did design a significantly harder course and they do compliment each other quite well. They both have their pros and cons, but considered together we 27 holes with pretty decent variety.

It's hard to see that from the outside, though. If you don't live in an area it's more like "that course sucked, that course sucked, that course I liked, that course was awesome." You don't consider that one might have been short, one might have been really long, one might have been heavily wooded, one might have had open tee areas so you could get your drives away, and considered all together they can cater to a wide variety of players.

tl;dr: Having a bunch of similar courses all bunched together with no variety do as good a job at keeping everyone happy as having a course with 18 versions of the same shot.

I feel like I can tell the difference between a good short beginner course and a course that sucks. I totally get that areas need balance but sometimes this course does suck and that course is great.. it's just how it works.

tl;dr: Having a bunch of similar courses all bunched together with no variety do as good a job at keeping everyone happy as having a course with 18 versions of the same shot.

But thus is disc golf course review. Not disc golf area review. Its a great philosophy to plan a scene that way. But the course is still the course.

i like what the site does on a whole

but sime of the best courses get shafted

and some courses that generally dont offend anyone get better ratings than some better done courses that offend a select portion of reviewers

this site is essentially like pop radio and some good music never gets airplay

but take that for what its worth

Its still better than nothing

i like what the site does on a whole

but sime of the best courses get shafted

well, some of the best courses in your opinion get shafted

and some of the best courses in my opinion get shafted.

there is no objective list of best courses

exactly
but the least offensive to the masses tend to do better on here

well thats the nature of it. the ratings measure what the mass of people think are the best courses.

in any system like that, inoffensive does well. some things that are very good tend to be polarizing. some do not.

i do think, though, that the greatest endeavors in any medium tend to be wildly popular

Pop music may not be the best comparison.... Pitch and putts at the local elementary school would equate to pop music. :)

Played iron hill today. I did not think it was incredibly overbearing or crazy difficult. It seemedvfair for the most part. Then again that style of golf is similar to Charlotte so I really felt at home.

Definatly the best of the day over Seneca and patapsco. Noxmiton Tyler and Jordan tomorrow.

Played iron hill today. I did not think it was incredibly overbearing or crazy difficult. It seemedvfair for the most part. Then again that style of golf is similar to Charlotte so I really felt at home.

Definatly the best of the day over Seneca and patapsco. Noxmiton Tyler and Jordan tomorrow.

I am jealous. Have you reviewed these yet?

haha if it makes you feel better...I found Nevin challenging and fair like Iron but Nevin was more enjoyable

Nevin is probably my favorite course in Charlotte now that I've become a better player.

I gave up on reviewing when I was threatened for a review and people started trying to argue with me when they saw me because their course was better than the score I gave it. If you say there course is a good course that is an insult because you did not worship it.

Just not worth the drama.

Why would I read inferior reviews, when I could read BraveThrower's reviews?

I thought about writing one for Patapsco

Just write : "Not better than Flyboy" and be done with it

I thought I liked you. You gave my course a good review, but you didn't worship it. So now I hate you!

Latest posts