• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lawd have MERCY ...

so i snagged a ZH mercy today along with two warlocks, a pa2, a pa1, opto pure and ZH pure.

i have to say i did like the mercy . . . until i went full retard and lost it. that was a little frustrating. i think it feels similar enough to the wizard, but all of a sudden when i was trying to putt it just . . . didn't feel right. the wizard is just too great.

after driving with all of these, i see now why you have a PA2, a pure and a wizard. i may wind up with a similar setup. as fun as this experiment with mold minimizing has been, it may be time to go back to more slots now that i have improved much since the summer. i will be putting out an amber alert with the locals for my mercy and ordering another. it may be the putter i'm looking for.

Glad to hear that you liked the PA2. I don't throw mine often compared to my Pure, but when I do it's money.

How was the dome on the ZH Mercy? One of the things that sealed its fate was how much more comfortable the Pure felt being flat. I never threw the Strawberry Mercies I bought, but they were flatter than the EZEs.

i noticed the ZH had a bigger dome than the soft in the store and a higher shoulder - not as high as a wizard, though. the soft was definitely flatter with a lower shoulder. if i wind up going with the mercy, i'd probably do what i used to do with my pures - one in ZH for driving/putting, one in ZS for approach duties. if they made an opto mercy . . . hmmm . . .

right now it's all up in the air, though. i have no idea what i'm going to do. throwing the opto pure again was an absolute blast and the ZH pures were just what i'm missing for those turnover drives.

i could see myself throwing a zone, a pa2/1 and zh/zs mercies as my lineup. i could also see myself throwing zone/envy/pures.

putters are really the hardest thing to lock down, aren't they? anyway, the mercy did throw very similar to a warlock. had more HSS/LSS than the opto pure, but not by a whole lot.

^^^ Hate to hear there could be domey Mercys out there...:(...I have two hards and one soft and they are as flat as the Pure I have (and dont use).

^^^ Hate to hear there could be domey Mercys out there...:(...I have two hards and one soft and they are as flat as the Pure I have (and dont use).

it wasn't super-dome. it was definitely more, but not enough to make it uncomfortable. despite being a deep-dish sort of putter, the mercy is very easy to get a grip on. i really liked the feel.

i've got a wanted thread up for zero hards if anybody has a fresh one or 9/10. ;)

Just got my second ZH Mercy today. One for driving/upshots the other for putting. Both are flat. Mint green and light blue. Great driving putter. The Pure is just too fast for my taste. More like a small diameter mid.

I've seen some people throw Envy comps out there with the Mercy. I'd putt with the Envy if it wasn't so pricey to snag a few for practice. Can anyone (cough tbird cough) give me some profile and flight comparisons?

I've thrown both, but I don't see the similarities. I remember the Mercy being considerably slower and with less fade than the Envy. It doesn't have anywhere near the HSS the Envy (Rhyno level HSS in my experience) does either. I would throw the Envy into a pretty serious headwind without worrying about it flipping. I wouldn't throw the Mercy in that condition.

I will admit that I haven't fully gotten the hang of the Envy though. Some times it fades for me, other times it doesn't. The times it has faded, it's more forward fading than I remember the Mercy being. Will post a profile pic soon.

3c988af7-b69c-4cbe-a0b6-c7438a05d6d4_zps67770503.jpg

Thanks tbird. I would be using the Mercy for in the circle. I like how the Envy feels and flies, but it is expensive and I prefer a baseline putter. Is the Mercy considerably more domey?

I wouldn't consider it domey either. It does have a tall shoulder. I have been saying they've been domey in other threads, and I realize now that I'm mistaken. It's the shoulder that make these feel deeper than they are (to me).

Have three Mercys.
Two are strawberry editions and are flat as a board and stable.
My first had some dome and beat in developed a fair amount of turn and lost most of its fade off the tee.

I picked up an OPTO pure for driving but if Lat would make a Mercy in Opto....wow.

I picked up an OPTO pure for driving but if Lat would make a Mercy in Opto....wow.

yeah, i have a feeling it would wind up being awesome from the few throws i got with the mercy before i lost it in the drifting snow.

maybe a little too OS though. the jump from zero pures to opto is pretty huge; the zero pures are def. pretty understable on longer drives whereas the opto just stays on a rope. the opto mercy would probably overlap with a sinus following the same logic, but who knows?

or maybe it'd be another wizard flight clone. :D

after losing my first zero hard mercy the other day i ordered two more.

i got one last night and had the opportunity to throw it today; the second one just got to the door. disappointed. the one i got to throw flies nothing whatsoever like my other mercy. the other one was true to ratings, this one will not hold straight. the plastic doesn't feel the same either. my first mercy was hard; these both feel different, slightly tackier with more give (not much though; still stiff) and they both have slight puddle tops; the red one has a slightly lower PLH than the one i got to throw today so i don't have much hope for them, which is frustrating.

as far as putting goes it is the most comfortable putter i have ever held and i love the way it putts. it just goes in the basket; it's like someone made it specifically for my hands and my grip, and i feel a very natural change coming from wizards.

we will see if they stick around, but if this is how it's going to be consistency-wise, it ain't happenin'. this was a real dark horse for me too. i'd rather just go with a ridge/pure/summit combo or something similar and know what i'm getting every time. i guess i will have to just keep trying them out and hopefully someone will return my red one.

Last edited:
after losing my first zero hard mercy the other day i ordered two more.

i got one last night and had the opportunity to throw it today; the second one just got to the door. disappointed. the one i got to throw flies nothing whatsoever like my other mercy. the other one was true to ratings, this one will not hold straight. the plastic doesn't feel the same either. my first mercy was hard; these both feel different, slightly tackier with more give (not much though; still stiff) and they both have slight puddle tops; the red one has a slightly lower PLH than the one i got to throw today so i don't have much hope for them, which is frustrating.

as far as putting goes it is the most comfortable putter i have ever held and i love the way it putts. it just goes in the basket; it's like someone made it specifically for my hands and my grip, and i feel a very natural change coming from wizards.

we will see if they stick around, but if this is how it's going to be consistency-wise, it ain't happenin'. this was a real dark horse for me too. i'd rather just go with a ridge/pure/summit combo or something similar and know what i'm getting every time. i guess i will have to just keep trying them out and hopefully someone will return my red one.

That sucks with the inconsistencies on your Mercys. :( I have only ordered mine from Prime and DD and they were the same. I have two hards and one soft. I know I saw on Lats site that they were doing the Mercys in a Zero Med on the next runs...I inquired around and found out that none have supposedly hit the states yet.

You get some in between run freak plastic blend? :confused:

That sucks with the inconsistencies on your Mercys. :( I have only ordered mine from Prime and DD and they were the same. I have two hards and one soft. I know I saw on Lats site that they were doing the Mercys in a Zero Med on the next runs...I inquired around and found out that none have supposedly hit the states yet.

You get some in between run freak plastic blend? :confused:

i'm not really sure, but maybe.

the only discs i have on hand to compare them to are the zero hard pures i have, which are the same as all other zero hard i've seen, and the original i bought and lost. the difference is in the surface feel primarily. these have a bit of a sheen to them; the surface is not quite as matte. despite being smoother texture, they have some tack to them. they also have little sparkles in the plastic; not quite sure what the deal is with that, haha.

they really do putt extraordinarily well for me despite my disappointment in how they throw. nice and slow, glidey and just easy to putt with AND throw despite their depth. it's really the flight path itself that has my panties in a bunch. i'll have to get outside and field test the new one i just got tomorrow. i'm really not up for having a ton of different putters in the bag again so it's kind of on the chopping block.

i really need to throw these when it's NOT snowing.

anyway, i picked up a mccabe mercy today for kicks and giggles. still like them, still think they're good putters. i may not keep it since i do appreciate a more OS putter to start with, but i gotta say the mercy is one disc i will consider moving forward.

i go through putter experimentation all the time and nothing this summer ever came close to taking out my kc aviars. this one isn't close either, but i just wanted to say . . . it's still a good disc. wish more people threw it.

I have 4 identical weight/mold stamped EZE's I got for 7$ new. I am breaking in one for my turnover driver and keeping the other three in rotation for putting.
I also have a McCabe for more stable driving duties. I love how stiff it is for putter drives. The mercy is the right amount of stable, versatile and slow. I don't grab for my putter for a lot of 275-325' holes like I used to, but thats ok thats what rocs are for.

My question since this thread found its way on top. How do you all like lighter ones for out of the circle putting. I used to always carry a light putter for 50'+ runs I have not picked one up yet. I would love to find a 164-6g EZE for this duty... I don't even know if eze was run that light.

I have 4 identical weight/mold stamped EZE's I got for 7$ new. I am breaking in one for my turnover driver and keeping the other three in rotation for putting.
I also have a McCabe for more stable driving duties. I love how stiff it is for putter drives. The mercy is the right amount of stable, versatile and slow. I don't grab for my putter for a lot of 275-325' holes like I used to, but thats ok thats what rocs are for.

My question since this thread found its way on top. How do you all like lighter ones for out of the circle putting. I used to always carry a light putter for 50'+ runs I have not picked one up yet. I would love to find a 164-6g EZE for this duty... I don't even know if eze was run that light.

I am pretty sure the EZE line was short lived and is OOP...if you like them Marshall Street has several of them down to 171, time to stock up!

The lightest I have seen a Mercy was a 167 in the new run of ZeroMedium at DD.