• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Yeah, that's originally why i started throwing ghosts a couple years back. Just felt better in the hand, but basically the same flight.

The excel i bought feels like old dx, it's awesome. Got a protege and icon amd a couple gravities. Every once in a while i see freaky flat gravity ghosts with a much higher plh. Picked a couple up today and i think they'll do nicely for os duty for a while. It isn't a shot i need often so they'll stay pretty fresh.

There's a new blend of white gravity that almost has an icon kind of feel to it. Grippy like icon but softer like gravity. Slicker grippy instead of chalky grippy like most gravity plastic, if that makes sense.

There's a new blend of white gravity that almost has an icon kind of feel to it. Grippy like icon but softer like gravity. Slicker grippy instead of chalky grippy like most gravity plastic, if that makes sense.

does it have the same stamp?

does it have the same stamp?

I'm pretty sure it does. Unless they've changed the gravity stamp recently. I know they've been changing some of their stock stamps but I haven't seen a new gravity ghost one yet. The ones I got were from Heritage Discs so they have one of their custom stamps on them.

So... how is the curent/production run of the Protege Ghost? Ive seen them a few places, anyone tried them out? How are they compared to the first run plastic, stability, durability? Im so close to order a few, but the shipping to Europe is insane, costs more than the disc, which is the limit, if I want to avoid import Tax etc.

I currently throw a couple Protege Ghosts (one seasoned, one relatively fresh) paired up with a Z Comet that I use for straight and slow turning shots. My most seasoned Protege Ghost is getting pretty straight, but it still has more fade than a Comet. The pairing works pretty well, but I prefer baseline plastic for my mids. So, I was curious how Gravity or Excel Ghosts stack up stability-wise. After a bit of seasoning would they be able to cover the same lines as my Z Comet? I'm only familiar with Protege, Pinnacle, Legend and Icon Ghosts, so any input is appreciated.

I currently throw a couple Protege Ghosts (one seasoned, one relatively fresh) paired up with a Z Comet that I use for straight and slow turning shots. My most seasoned Protege Ghost is getting pretty straight, but it still has more fade than a Comet. The pairing works pretty well, but I prefer baseline plastic for my mids. So, I was curious how Gravity or Excel Ghosts stack up stability-wise. After a bit of seasoning would they be able to cover the same lines as my Z Comet? I'm only familiar with Protege, Pinnacle, Legend and Icon Ghosts, so any input is appreciated.

Personally I think so. They can handle a bit more power than a comet as well. I have a seasoned gravity ghost that I can throw on a slow turn that holds the line all the way to the ground, or hammer a long hyzer flip to straight shot with little to no fade too. I love the comet and carried one for a long time, but don't feel like I need it with a wear cycle of gravity ghosts. I feel like the excel ghosts get flippier much quicker, and wear into true understability and not as neutral of a flyer as a comet or gravity ghost.

Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

My mid set up is also Ghosts and Comets. My stiff white Gravity Ghosts all start stable, with a lot of hss and a gentle, forward fade. I have a beat Gravity in the bag along with a newer Gravity. I replaced a Z Comet with the beat Grav Ghost, simply because I prefer base plastic too. I now only bag one Comet at the moment; a MJ Tour Z. A Pinnacle and a Protege round it out for stable to overstable. Protege is just a better KC Roc, I am an ex-Roc user that switched to Ghosts fwiw. I think you'll be happy with the results if you go with Gravity Ghosts. I have no experience with Excel, but the few I have held I did not like.

Last edited:
Personally I think so. They can handle a bit more power than a comet as well. I have a seasoned gravity ghost that I can throw on a slow turn that holds the line all the way to the ground, or hammer a long hyzer flip to straight shot with little to no fade too. I love the comet and carried one for a long time, but don't feel like I need it with a wear cycle of gravity ghosts. I feel like the excel ghosts get flippier much quicker, and wear into true understability and not as neutral of a flyer as a comet or gravity ghost.

My mid set up is also Ghosts and Comets. My stiff white Gravity Ghosts all start stable, with a lot of hss and a gentle, forward fade. I have a beat Gravity in the bag along with a newer Gravity. I replaced a Z Comet with the beat Grav Ghost, simply because I prefer base plastic too. I now only bag one Comet at the moment; a MJ Tour Z. A Pinnacle and a Protege round it out for stable to overstable. Protege is just a better KC Roc, I am an ex-Roc user that switched to Ghosts fwiw. I think you'll be happy with the results if you go with Gravity Ghosts. I have no experience with Excel, but the few I have held I did not like.

Thanks to both of you for your input. I will probably grab a gravity and see how it goes. The current Z Comet in my bag is also an MJ Tour Series. Pretty sweet disc.

Sweeeet!

Attachments

• 22854628_10156701044730130_848353657_n.jpg
    22854628_10156701044730130_848353657_n.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 88
Those black ones look great...but personally I don't think I'll ever throw black discs again. (unless its winter and snow on the ground)

I noticed those new stamped protege ghosts are way overstable. They still have a decent dome but not as 'poppy' as the first runs. It's nice to have a beefy ghost in the bag that isn't in pinnacle or icon (don't like premium plastics for mid or putter) but for the most part I think I'll stick to gravity and excel.

These feel amazing, but I have a feeling they would crack during a round with snow on the ground here in the north of Sweden.

white with a flag stamp.

They should be, I guess. Glide disc golf had a few I picked through to find my weight and feel preference. It is a production stamp like myllys posted above.

Well alright then.

Looks like I'm headed to gggt next weekend for my first disc purchase in months. Thanks! :clap: