• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lit Courses for night golf?

IMO darker is better for glow - though a full moon can be pretty cool. I hate external lights for the most part. Bracketts was definitely fun to throw with it all lit up. Mont du Lac, Eagle's peak lights up the course with the ski hill lights on occasion, which was cool for the novelty of it, but meh, it would be cooler to play under a full moon. Tiki looks fun though, I could dig that.

Here's a nighttime pic from Verdugo Hills. Open until 930pm.

420256_383243141703581_1818333718_n.jpg

Have you found a course in the DFW yet?

I'd like to know where I can disc golf at night LEGALLY. Don't care about a lit course. I was playing at Arcadia and the damn neighborhood watch called the cops on me! Hit me up if you've found a park in the DFW (hopefully near Keller) that doesn't "close" at dusk.

Founders Park in Dallas. It's lit. Most city parks close around midnight or so, that's just municipal code, the way it goes. I wanna say the lights at Founders go off at 11pm, but I cannot confirm that. You don't need lights, it's lit enough to play without them. 11 holes for now.

Lake Murray Golf Center in Chapin, S.C. Is normally a stick golf course, but they also have DG baskets. and when I played their course they turned on the lights for my round. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2434 and if I lived in that area I would play that course when the other courses wouldn't be available at night.

Crystal City Underground just outside of St. Louis is in a cave and is a great place to play night golf, even during the day! It is closed due to some flooding and I haven't been there in a while but it is awesome. Also, Wilmore is just inside the city limits and the park is open til 10. There is a great glow league there after day light savings loses an hour in the fall

So... When I first started playing disc golf I heard a rumor that cedar hill (lester lorch) in texas had one course that was lit up for night golf and the other is a normal course...

Now that I know that is not the case it has made me curious... Is there any lit courses across the US somewhere? If so, how well was the idea pulled off and is it a course you now frequent?

Where on earth did a rumor like that even start? Is there even power anywhere in that park?

The new course at Oak Cliff Founders park is largely lit. There's a couple of spots it gets a little rough, but it's pretty good for most of it.

Latest posts