• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lit Courses for night golf?

meatbones132

Par Member
So... When I first started playing disc golf I heard a rumor that cedar hill (lester lorch) in texas had one course that was lit up for night golf and the other is a normal course...

Now that I know that is not the case it has made me curious... Is there any lit courses across the US somewhere? If so, how well was the idea pulled off and is it a course you now frequent?

I played parts of Sunset Park in Las Vegas at night once, it was lit well enough by the ball field lights to be mostly playable, and as long as you paid a little attention to your throw the lights made it real easy to find them. I've never played one that was specifically lit for disc golf, that would be a lot of fun, I love playing at night.

Clyde Fant in Shreveport, LA and Chestnut Grove at Highbridge, WI are two of them.

Chestbut Grove is apparently not been added to the site yet and Clyde Fant doesn't sound like it would warrant a deive from DFW for me...

Thanks for the info though.

i thought about a buisness idea where i would buy 9 portable baskets and a trailor( or small pull behind u-haul) and go to a lighted 3 par ball golf course an see if the would let me set up one night a week and take a percentage for setting up and overseeing it for them and all they would have to do is sit back collect the money.

my pitch would be let me take over the slowest night of the week and if you make more money with dg give me the bid plus i would explain to them that houston has no lighted courses so we would own the freaking market and with the heat in the summer alot of people dont wanna play in the sun and would love a place they could play at night safely and legally.

i dont know how it would fair in the long wrong but with some advertising at the local parks im sure it would a hit for a short while at least .

Chestbut Grove is apparently not been added to the site yet and Clyde Fant doesn't sound like it would warrant a deive from DFW for me...

Thanks for the info though.

Chestnut is out here, and it's a fun course to play if you're staying at Highbridge playing the championship courses--in other words, not worth a drive to solely play Chestnut!

I know the Willits KOA course in Nor-Cal has solar lights on several of the baskets.
Horning's Hideout near portland has an 18 hole course with the same.
Near LA, a course in Cerritos has a 9 hole course in a city park that has a lit path.

Never played any of them at night... so I can't say too much about how good or bad they are.
DSCJNKY

Clyde Fant is not bad but you are right that it is not really wrth a lng trip just to play there. the lights are cool though.

Someone lied to you about Lorch Park in Cedar Hill...not even any lights in the parking lot ;)

I'll echo the sentiments about Clyde Fant in Shreveport...if you're in the area (hopefully playing Lake Bistineau) it's worth stopping by for a night round, but I wouldn't go out of your way to play it.

I know the Willits KOA course in Nor-Cal has solar lights on several of the baskets.
Horning's Hideout near portland has an 18 hole course with the same.
Near LA, a course in Cerritos has a 9 hole course in a city park that has a lit path.

Never played any of them at night... so I can't say too much about how good or bad they are.
DSCJNKY

When I was down at Willits KOA the last few times the lights were not working. I've heard that they are broken :(.

Who needs lights, here in Humboldt we play ninja night golf, no lights on the baskets, fairways, anywhere. The only lights that we have are our portible blacklights for lighting up the discs.

There is going to be a new 9 hole course in Columbia City, IN that is lit. The lights are going to be powered by a wind-powered turbine. Sweet! Snapping Beaver DGC

how do you light up an entire fairway? for all 18 holes? isnt that cost prohibitive?

Clyde Fant (Shreveport) is in a very wide median between two sections of a parkway, with huge light towers that light the roads and everything else.

Lake Murray Golf Center (Chapin, SC) is also lit. It's a 9-hole course on a 9-hole, par-3 golf course & driving range that is lit for golf, so no extra cost for lighting for disc golf.

The new course in Conroe,tx is rumored to have lights upon completion. We are very excited to see how it turns out.