• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long Live Your Local Pro Shop

A.Mutt

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I like ordering discs online from businesses like our sponsors ... and have with good results. But I love even more supporting small local business.

I thought it might be nice to have a thread for people to plug their local shop and post a website if they have one. This info could be useful for people traveling to courses in areas they aren't familiar with and need to grab a disc or something.

We just got a pro shop in Columbus, OH. Its called Disc Golf Mart. Friendly shop owner, fair prices, and pretty much any disc you're looking for. They also have bags, clothing, baskets, minis ... pretty much whatever you might need. Its located on 33 west aka Riverside Drive just south of the course at Griggs Resevoir.

so whats your local shop and where is it if you got one?

I just drooled all over my laptop when I saw the pictures on that website!! That's amazing how many discs they have!

I have nothing like that around me :(

All I have around here is a play it again sports or a dicks sporting goods. Luckily I'm only an hour away from Rock Hill so I can trudge down that way if necessary.

I have the legendary Disc N Dat a mere 1000 feet from my apartment...I live halfway between Idlewild and Banklick...errr...Lincoln Ridge...and I have a job...so life is good at the moment.

All I have around here is a play it again sports or a dicks sporting goods. Luckily I'm only an hour away from Rock Hill so I can trudge down that way if necessary.

In Charlotte there are 2 Infinity's End.

South Blvd.http://www.iendsouth.com/

Independence Blvd. http://www.iendeast.com/

They both have a good selection. The Charlotte Disc Golf Club has a really good inventory as well, they usually have it at their events.

And for anyone near Sanford, NC I gotta plug Fins Furs and Feathers again. Great selection, great owner.

And for anyone near Sanford, NC I gotta plug Fins Furs and Feathers again. Great selection, great owner.

That pet store is legit, my buddy got a Japan Worlds Star Monarch for $16 bucks. I asked the guy why his prices are as good as internet prices and he was like, "Well I don't really make any money selling discs but I just like to promote the sport." Word.

That pet store is legit, my buddy got a Japan Worlds Star Monarch for $16 bucks. I asked the guy why his prices are as good as internet prices and he was like, "Well I don't really make any money selling discs but I just like to promote the sport." Word.

That sounds like an awesome guy.

Here in Spokane we have Mt Goat Outfitters, they have a decent selection of disc's and good prices. We have Stimpi Ridge as well, but you have to call for an appt.

I just drooled all over my laptop when I saw the pictures on that website!! That's amazing how many discs they have!

I have nothing like that around me :(

First thing I said the first time I walked in was "Now that's a beautiful thing right there"
We used to have a shop that was half cycling gear and half disc golf but they went under something like 4 years ago. This shop just opened up in April and I'm trying to do my part to spread the word and make sure it stays open. I can only assume all other players want the same thing for their local shop if they got one.

thanks for contributing everyone. keep 'em coming if you got 'em.

I'm a fan of The Shack at Vollrath in Sheboygan, WI...very reasonable prices on discs, and they eagerly sponsor local events and courses (they're the sponsor for Hole #13 at LTC). That's where I got my Quads and several discs, and they have a lost-and-found as well, though a good chunk of the Sheboygan kids are notorious for flat-out stealing discs, one of the laments in my review of the course.

SoCal stores not mentioned elsewhere in this thread:

Sylmar: Very fully stocked pro shop at the course, run by the Ricos; also, the mini mart at Sayre and Eldridge, just down the street.

Oak Grove: Alcorn Liquor, on Foothill about a mile west of the course, opposite the McDonalds. Good selection of discs, minis, bags, and (what else?) beer.

La Mirada: Pro shop, now about 95% tennis but they do have (overpriced) discs.

Huntington Beach: Pro shop at the course, including disc rentals if you don't have your own.

Don't forget the pro shop at Morley down in San Diego if you're listing socal spots. They've got a good selection, but are a little overpriced.