• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Lookin' in to a new putter....Gateway???

The Voodoo is great for an absolute straight putter. The wizard tends to be more stable for me and I have to lead it to the right to get it to hit the chains.

I started out throwing Rhinos and Pigs, but I learned the benefit of understable putters. I just have a easier time with them. I still have my pig, however I use it for special shots and forehand putts. I wen to beadless DX aviars, however I am thinking of switching to Gateway Magics to get more understablity. I really like dealing with the folks at Gateway great people.
That is just my two cents. Hope it helped some.

I have a magic and a wizard for my primary putters. But i would suggest getting a magic and a voodoo. Voodoo for longer anny putts and magic for closer slightly hyzer putts

I use two SSS Magics and really like the feel of them in my hand. They're still quite firm (even in warm weather), contrary to their initials, though the plastic composition is grippy and has a general good feeling in my hand.

$25 can get you a variety 3 pack of Gateway putters here plus a freebie if you pay w. paypal quickly. $6.25 each ain't bad, and some appear to have only 1 xout. Not a bad price for try-out discs till you figure out which you want to stick with.

I love my Wizards, and one advantage is that they are great putters and great for driving so you get the same feel instead of switching back and forth between a putting putter and a driving putter. They're a little overstable, but they go nice and straight for me on putts, and you can put quite a bit on them for drives.

I use a Magic for close and a Voodoo for approaches. A Wizard is the beefiest but not the glidiest. A Voodoo or a Magic may feel the most Rhyno like in the hand but the Magic is fairly understable.

Actually, you might like the Evo HPP Wizards if you like floppy Rhynos but need some extra glide. I just happen to have one that I'm not in love with if your down for a trade.

I am not sure but I think the Wizard has the lip or bigger bead on it. I prefer the beadless type or specifically the Voodoo in SS plastic. Fits perfect in my hand, the plastic consistancy is just right and has a very predictably flight path. I only use this putter when I putt and have three the exact same weight and color for practice. I just don't see myself changing from this putter for a long time.

I am not sure but I think the Wizard has the lip or bigger bead on it. I prefer the beadless type or specifically the Voodoo in SS plastic. Fits perfect in my hand, the plastic consistancy is just right and has a very predictably flight path. I only use this putter when I putt and have three the exact same weight and color for practice. I just don't see myself changing from this putter for a long time.

They both have beads, Wizard has big bead, Voodoo has smaller bead, Warlock and Magic, no beads.

They both have beads, Wizard has big bead, Voodoo has smaller bead, Warlock and Magic, no beads.

I suppose the Voodoo has a bead, just a very small one at that though. I guess I don't really notice all that much when I am holding it in my hand

Gateway Magic

I love the Gateway Magic.

I started using a Gateway Magic late 2007, last year and I love it. I now have a black stiffer plastic one for somewhat closer puts. It was working so well for me that I decided to buy two more of them for practicing putting in the back yard.

Since I was having such good luck with them, when I saw a cool looking clear colored plastic (transparent) one last year I bought it! It is a more gooey plastic and turns out that it flies really well for longer puts. So I love it too.

I know that the wizard has a bead, as the rhyno does. If that voodoo has a bead, but it's smaller, that might just be what i'm lookin for.

smaller bead = more glide less stable, but still a little stable....is my thinking.

I know that the wizard has a bead, as the rhyno does. If that voodoo has a bead, but it's smaller, that might just be what i'm lookin for.

smaller bead = more glide less stable, but still a little stable....is my thinking.

The wizard is nowhere near as stable as the rhyno, it's much closer to bb aviars or a focus. The voodoo has a little more glide, but I can get my wizard out further than the voodoos I've tried when driving, and it has plenty of glide on long putts for me. Just try them both out and see which one feels right in your hand.

I have found the FLX Challenger is a great disc 200ft to 60ft. Its also a great slightly overstable putter. I use it for overstable putts, hyzer putts, and drives on holes 200ft or less.

if you like the rhyno, i'd say the wizard is the disc for you. It's got just about the same overstable characteristics and it's got a pretty deep. personally i like the discraft ringer because its very overstable and it his a very slim design.

The wizard is nowhere near as stable as the rhyno, it's much closer to bb aviars or a focus. The voodoo has a little more glide, but I can get my wizard out further than the voodoos I've tried when driving, and it has plenty of glide on long putts for me. Just try them both out and see which one feels right in your hand.

That's where my questions lies. I throw rhynos because of their overstability. I've thrown Jk and KC aviars but becuase they aren't as stable, I miss right A LOT.

I don't want to try and learn a new putter with regards to stability, so was looking for something just a little less stable than a rhyno, but still has the stability to not flip and head right on it's flight to the basket.

I started out throwing Rhinos and Pigs, but I learned the benefit of understable putters. I just have a easier time with them. I still have my pig, however I use it for special shots and forehand putts. I wen to beadless DX aviars, however I am thinking of switching to Gateway Magics to get more understablity. I really like dealing with the folks at Gateway great people.
That is just my two cents. Hope it helped some.

It did sir...it did.:clap:

The wizard is much closer to the bb aviars (including the kc and jk) than it is to the rhyno. You could try a classic roc, it feels more similar to the rhyno than the rounded putters like aviars and wizards, and is pretty stable. It is a little faster than the rhyno though, so blow bys can be worse but long putts would be easier.

I don't want to try and learn a new putter with regards to stability, so was looking for something just a little less stable than a rhyno, but still has the stability to not flip and head right on it's flight to the basket.

Based on this sentimentality, I don't think any other Gateway putter will do other than a Wizard, maybe a Voodoo.

Latest posts