• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking the Basket

Whenever I pull off a flawless parallel-park in a seemingly unattainable gap, I Sharpie my license plate number on the two cars I just parked in between.

Whenever I pull off a flawless parallel-park in a seemingly unattainable gap, I Sharpie my license plate number on the two cars I just parked in between.

It's easier to just stamp it into their bumpers by repeatedly slamming your license plate into their cars after you missed them on the way into the space.

I may be strange, but I like to see disc golf stickers on baskets.

Those I have much less of an issue with, they are actually disc golf related and they aren't about one person's small accomplishment. The only thing I worry about is baskets with a disc golf sticker or two becoming a target for random stickers in general (I've seen it happen a couple times where a huk lab sticker turned into 8000 skateboarding stickers coating the entire basket).

Ahh, I'm glad this thread is here. I was worried I was one of the few that felt writing on baskets was selfish & disrespectful. Yeah, I put my aces this year in my forum signature, but I fully understand that there's no reason any of you should really care. It wouldn't even cross my mind to permanently inscribe it on park property.

The last time my family and I were at hole #7 (pic by YonderScott) at Bailey Road Park in Cornelius NC, we saw one of the worst examples of this that we've encountered. Nevermind that this is a beginner course.. or that the basket for #7 is a clear shot, 127' downhill from the pad.. Some <insert description of your choice here> thought they would advertise their "accomplishment" by scribbling all over the basket AND THE TEE SIGN in large letters in black permanent marker!

Grrr! They certainly managed to advertise themselves well, but the message wasn't one of respecting their disc golf skills.

Keep your sharpie in your bag, and grow up. Anyone doing such things is putting that DG course in jpdy of being yanked, and demeaning all the hard work, red tape, and $ it took to put it in. knock it off!! NO ONE cares about your ace, but you!!

I thought of this thread when I saw this at one of my frequented courses. I wondered if anyone would be so disrespectful that they would mark it since it is an aceable hole. The whole thing though is really nice and gave me a brief moment of humility knowing that what I am doing right at that moment it thanks to guys like this:

EDIT Someone please remove my fat cat from the attachments. lol Ooops, wrong pic. Makes me wonder what else I could have slipped in there.

Attachments

• IMG00106.jpg
    IMG00106.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG00107.jpg
    IMG00107.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00108.jpg
    IMG00108.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 25
I thought of this thread when I saw this at one of my frequented courses. I wondered if anyone would be so disrespectful that they would mark it since it is an aceable hole. The whole thing though is really nice and gave me a brief moment of humility knowing that what I am doing right at that moment it thanks to guys like this:

EDIT Someone please remove my fat cat from the attachments. lol Ooops, wrong pic. Makes me wonder what else I could have slipped in there.

are all the holes memorial holes?

No, just that one so far but I hear they are planning on some more along with extending it from a 24 hole course to 37.

Keep your sharpie in your bag, and grow up. Anyone doing such things is putting that DG course in jpdy of being yanked, and demeaning all the hard work, red tape, and $ it took to put it in. knock it off!! NO ONE cares about your ace, but you!!

plus1.gif

I once saw a basket that some moron had signed to commemorate his "Turkey": three birdies in a row. And these were not 500' holes.

I once saw a basket that some moron had signed to commemorate his "Turkey": three birdies in a row. And these were not 500' holes.

It's amazing the things people feel the need to mark baskets and tee signs for. I had a guy start to write on a tee sign right in front of me, and when I confronted him about it he said it was ok because he had seen someone ace that hole from across the course the week before :rolleyes:

Someone writing on the baskets at LTC, Jason?

No one writes on baskets here (Tendick), only on the back of the tee signs..which seem to be no problem really. I guess in a sense it is vandalism, but it doesn't really tick anyone off that much.

Tendick could only be so lucky to have the baskets vandalized, but far worse than that it's the beech trees being vandalized. At tendick we are lucky enough to be able to play through a remnant southern mesic forest, which covered the whole area from oak creek all the way up to door county prior to settlement. The presence of those large beech trees is an indication that that peice of land had never been logged or farmed, and in many of the larger ones are easily in excess of 150-200 years old. They have very thin bark, and shallow roots that are very sensitive to foot traffic. So the combination of discs hitting them and lots of foot traffic compacting the root zones is bad enough, but sure enough all sorts of schmucks are carving stuff into the bark, stupid crap like "bowl hole" and of course the standards like penises, 420s, pot leaves, and personal insults. Brown deer park features this type of forest also but on a larger scale, and this type of vandalism is beginning to show up there also.

I'm signing

I'm a pretty respectful golfer. I don't litter. I pick up cigarrette butts I see on the ground. I yell "clear" after finishing a hole with a group behind me. However, I am going to sign the crap out of the first basket I ace. I don't care what anybody says. I would gladly pay the fine for vandalism. I know nobody cares but me, but they are sure gonna know about it!