• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Insane Disc Retreival???

I carry a baseball and two golf balls with me, because I am not climbing any trees for any disc. My health is not worth any disc. The cost of one night in the hospital can buy quite a few discs.

2 days ago I was playing a hole with a nasty creek on the left of the fairway. I threw a horrible drive with my Cubs dyed Destroyer and it went over the creek. I walked to where it was and there were no ways to cross the creek other than to jump over it. It was about 8-10 feet wide. I got a running start and leaped successfully across and retrieved my disc. While on the other side of the creek, I realized it was going to be more difficult to get back over the nasty black water creek with green moss on the surface. I had no running start and stood on the creek bank. I was confident I could jump across and get atleast one foot on the other bank and then just fall onto the fairway. I jumped and landed with my left foot on the land but my balance threw me off and my whole right leg sunk down into the mucky mossy water to my crotch. I finished the round with a right numb leg and foot since it was about 35 degrees and gusty winds.

My friend got a video of it, I'll post it if I can get it from him.

I have the ultimate!! Earlier today me and my buddy went to shoot doubles at the local Avon Town Hall Park, and man was the weather crappy. Things started out good... but then the wind started to pick up and did i mention i was wild man, but anyways I threw my destroyer and the wind picked it up and took it the opposite direction from the hole. Everyone started talking about the pond that was about 200 feet to our left and how they had seen someone lose a disc in it. My buddy let me throw his destroyer for my second drive, and sure enough the wind picked it up and layed it down ever so gently about 75 foot out. My buddy was flippin out because he was sure it was going to sink, he was telling me to jump in and get it. Of course it was flurrying and was very cold out, so I didnt jump in right away or anything. The wind was so strong that the destroyer floated about a quarter inch under the water all the way to the edge, it took a few minutes but it was absolutely amazing. Definately the best save.

About a week ago lost an old gremlin in some woods that had a nice build up of trash. searched for about an hour, came back a few days later twisted my ankle then stepped on a rather large rusty nail. now i have a hole in the foot and lost my favorite disc.

going back to look again today.

I threw my beast into a tree on a downhill shot this summer. It was about 30 some feet and the tree was one of those dead scrawny saplings with no branches to climb, but enough branches to hold your disk. I had no way to get it and throwing rocks at it did nothing. So I had to drive home and throw a bunch of broomsticks and duct tape in my car. When I got to the course I duct taped the broomsticks together and was able to reach the disc. I must have looked pretty funny walking around the course with a bunch of broomsticks under my arm.
The most frustrating disc retrevial was when I threw my valk over a canal ... it landed on the other bank, but I had no way to cross the canal without getting wet. So even though it was on dry ground I still had to wade across the canal to get my disc ...

Here's a video showing the results of my disc retrieval I wrote about in post 22 of this thread. Unfortunately my friend who posted the video cut it a bit short.
(I hope it works)

Here's a video showing the results of my disc retrieval I wrote about in post 22 of this thread. Unfortunately my friend who posted the video cut it a bit short.
(I hope it works)
LOL! That had to stink, it looks like it was really cold out.

It did literally stink and it was cold and windy that day.

Here's a video showing the results of my disc retrieval I wrote about in post 22 of this thread.
Ouch. :( It doesn't look that deep in the video... until you fall in.

I really only have one story that sticks out in my mind. I was playing solo at my "home course." On the very first hole i threw my drive right into a nice s curve. right when the disc was coming back left (which would have put me right next to the basket) it hit the top of a 35-40ft tree and got lodged in a v branch. Now it wouldnt have been so bad but our park directors trim the branches so that people will not climb the trees. My only option was to shimmy up the tree until i could grab the lowest branch. I got my disc out but unfortunately had been wearing shorts so i was left bleeding and scabbed up for a week or so. But i got my disc back! I think that if as long as i can see my disc i will never be able to leave it. If anyone else hunts for morel mushrooms its the same way. If i see it i go for it.

Oh and im 5'10 about 260lbs at the time i was about 275.

My friends and I were playing at Rosland Park in Edina Minnesota this summer and on the 5th hole my friend throws his discraft crush into a pond. Its his favorite disc and it was hot out so we all decided to go in to look for it. We didnt find his disc but we did find about 15 others!

I don't have time to tell the whole story so just fill in the blanks. New expensive understable driver, New non FTF course with privacy fences defining the right side of its narrow #1 fairway, gate that was padlocked from the inside, two ferocious dogs, 90 year old senile female homeowner connected to oxygen tank, steaks, running, police, never will return to that course again.

I don't have time to tell the whole story so just fill in the blanks. New expensive understable driver, New non FTF course with privacy fences defining the right side of its narrow #1 fairway, gate that was padlocked from the inside, two ferocious dogs, 90 year old senile female homeowner connected to oxygen tank, steaks, running, police, never will return to that course again.
What was more expensive, the steaks or the understable driver? ;)

I agree with MoPhunk....leave no visible disc behind. Only leave it behind if you can't see it (underwater) or after you've looked for a good amount of time (for me, ~20 minutes, 30 minutes tops).

I've got buddies that will not leave a disc behind no matter how long it takes them, be it an 30 minutes or an hour. The only good thing about that method is you usually end up adding discs to your bag. The bad thing is that no one will ever play a round with you unless it is on a open flat no tree course.

I've got buddies that will not leave a disc behind no matter how long it takes them, be it an 30 minutes or an hour. The only good thing about that method is you usually end up adding discs to your bag. The bad thing is that no one will ever play a round with you unless it is on a open flat no tree course.

I can appreciate the effort of your buddies but I would have an understanding that after 15 minutes of looking I am completing my round with or without them.

Latest posts