• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I like her, she's alright. I wish I could carry a volt but as far as team MVP goes.. I like to watch her bag, it's my speed. Haha :D

The Vanish is underrated, good solid turn but not uncontrollable, it's a good disc but I shelved it for Waves. The orbital is fun sometimes but mostly fickle junk. Unless you are a total noodle arm, more so than I would ever wish to be. Orbitals's are just a weird duck, lucky thing I sold all mine to a guy who accosted me in my hot tub naked one night for discs.. I got $80 (cad :() :D hahahahahaha friends..

Last edited:
Haha I like her, she's alright. I wish I could carry a volt but as far as team MVP goes.. I like to watch her bag, it's my speed. Haha :D

The Vanish is underrated, good solid turn but not uncontrollable, it's a good disc but I shelved it for Waves. The orbital is fun sometimes but mostly fickle junk. Unless you are a total noodle arm, more so than I would ever wish to be. Orbitals's are just a weird duck, lucky thing I sold all mine to a guy who accosted me in my hot tub naked one night for discs.. I got $80 (cad :() :D hahahahahaha friends..

That seems like something out of a Seth Rogan movie.

That seems like something out of a Seth Rogan movie.

Well allow me to elaborate on the legen of Shandong... hahahaha Shandor .. Autocorrect: D

We got this dude here... the myth of legends but I know him... he's like the A-team, if you can find him..... maybe you can hire him. Tough as hell, solid dude right!!!? He did a fundraiser put on a wetsuit and swam between the islands here.. Took him 3-4 days...

Digs a ditch like an excavator but elusive as hell, a buddy called him in and he had cellphone minutes (that day) and he finished my garage floor until 1:30. Am. We were hosed trying to do it ourselves, could have been tragic, but we had a Shandor... I had to make him stop at 1:30... and run out for a drink run at 10:30pm.

I buy him Sake as tribute every time we meet up in the liquor store as continued compensation for saving my ass.

So.........

I'm in my Hottub one Friday night, totally naked and mildy afraid, and he rolls up on his electric bike (quietly) and catches me cuz we're sorta neighbour's.. Waves some Wendy's hahahaha twenty's in my face and says "I want you to hook me up with some Gyro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I'm like **** man OK so I get out toss him a buncha stuff I think he'd like and he testdrives it in the yard while I get out f my robe into pajama pants. Play a couple holes.

I hook him up with two orbitals a plasma proxy and a bunch of other crap I didn't want but were perfect for him!

Share the love man, create another Gybroni, maybe :D

Last edited:
Switched to MVP products for distance driver duties after 10+ years of Discraft only. Pretty damn good stuff.
165 N Thrill
172 N Photon
173 N Defy
174 N Trace (of spades)
174 Ph Vanish

I really like this lineup, basically no gaps. They are all as good or better than my old stuff. Wish there was more inventory available, especially Defys.

Switched to MVP products for distance driver duties after 10+ years of Discraft only. Pretty damn good stuff.
165 N Thrill
172 N Photon
173 N Defy
174 N Trace (of spades)
174 Ph Vanish

I really like this lineup, basically no gaps. They are all as good or better than my old stuff. Wish there was more inventory available, especially Defys.

Yeah the distance drivers are slept on. I've really enjoyed the Photon, Octane, Wave, Teleport (fast!), Catalyst, Excite (my fave), Trace, and Mayhem. I'm bagging a P Defy right now but it flies more like a control driver, doesn't glide much but consistently straight with fade.

I got to throw both a Hokom Neutron Crave and. Proton Crave today. Really liked the flight but not as understable as I expected. High speed stability similar to my cryztal stalkers, but less fade. Nice straight to fade disc for the woods though

Damn man you got me on that one... Trace is supposed to be between a photon and wave.. I don't know if you only do 165 ish.. Tesla has a nice hookup but it's probably more of the same..

Mayhem?

It's funny - I threw max wt. til only a few years ago. Figuring out driver flights at lower weights has been a challenge. I was carrying Tesla's and it's a solid neutral turn disc. I wish there was one more disc between it and the Inertia.

What I really need is for streamline to release an Orc. Or maybe I just need to mix my bag.

I got to throw both a Hokom Neutron Crave and. Proton Crave today. Really liked the flight but not as understable as I expected. High speed stability similar to my cryztal stalkers, but less fade. Nice straight to fade disc for the woods though

You got one of the good ones then. As it breaks in, it should lose pretty much all the fade in about a year but not gain any turn. They turn into basically a long buzz, where you can just rip it flat in the woods and it flies dead straight.

It's funny - I threw max wt. til only a few years ago. Figuring out driver flights at lower weights has been a challenge. I was carrying Tesla's and it's a solid neutral turn disc. I wish there was one more disc between it and the Inertia.

What I really need is for streamline to release an Orc. Or maybe I just need to mix my bag.

Have you thrown a Wrath? It's supposed to be that beat in Tesla feel and I think it's pretty accurate. It's a little more OS than an Orc, but similar

Trace also has a ton of glide and reminds me of those old pearly Orcs. Though i guess mine could be an outlier being its a barstamp FR mixed blend. From a distance it looks like a neutron but up close you can definitely see it has some proton in it also and can almost see through the plate.

Like this one but mine is pink...

4025-5_600.jpg

I have a pink Crave that is exactly the same - stamped Neutron but clearly has some Proton in it. I wish it was heavier - but it's the best plastic.

I've gotta find a 164 Trace. I think it's probably the closest disc in the line-up to what I want.

Have you thrown a Wrath? It's supposed to be that beat in Tesla feel and I think it's pretty accurate. It's a little more OS than an Orc, but similar

I have. I really liked a 168 I had - but that was an early run. I let it go when I disced down in weight from high 160s to 150s. I then had several 150 class from 152 - 158 and all of them were meathooks that were useless in Missouri wind. I nutted one on a perfect drive and watched the wind knock it straight down out of the sky right into a pond - and promptly sold my others.

I've been moving back up the weight ladder to mid-160s this year so I'll add Wrath back on the re-test list. So far I've put Defy, Wave, and Crave through the ringer. I'm digging the Crave at 164. The Wave has proven useful. I've really gotta cut my speed way down to throw it - and it still finishes right - but I had some solid high 300's throws this weekend with it. The Defy - unfortunatly - is proving too overstable.

Scored a couple of the Eclipse Envys. I'm loving them. Can't wait for a glow round to use them!

When are we gonna see some of the upcoming molds? 2021 is underway. I want to throw a Hex! And a Beam and Nomad for that matter too.

Scored a couple of the Eclipse Envys. I'm loving them. Can't wait for a glow round to use them!

When are we gonna see some of the upcoming molds? 2021 is underway. I want to throw a Hex! And a Beam and Nomad for that matter too.

Goddamn it!!!! When did those drop? I've been watching my local online and hadnt seen it.. It's listed as sold out! Maybe they're coming soon? I hope bahhhhhhhh! Haha.

A bunch of the eclipse envys just dropped on infinitediscs. Go now!!

My local shop got them last Friday. Some online retailers had them earlier last week.

Missed the Crave drop, but I'll get them when the regular run comes out.

Should be announcing the April release any day. Its usually about 2wks before the release date and the March release was the 29th

MVP is shut down to wholesale until some time in May. They're upgrading their whole inventory control and wholesale ordering systems. They claim we'll see a ton of restock and a new mold in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.