• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Good. The axis is way too overstable to be a workable mid right out of the box. Hopefully you can power down on the tangent and still get some usable lines out of it.

Out of curiosity, what does "workable mid" mean to you. The Axis is one of the most versatile discs on the market.

The Tangent sounds like a very promising disc. I'm missing an understable mid in my bag, and this disc might fill the slot perfectly.

Out of curiosity, what does "workable mid" mean to you. The Axis is one of the most versatile discs on the market.

The Tangent sounds like a very promising disc. I'm missing an understable mid in my bag, and this disc might fill the slot perfectly.

The Axis is versatile, but for a mid it has a pretty steep learning curve. Requires a good deal of snap to get it to hold the line you want it, so it isn't quite effortless out of the box.

Any mid can be versatile, it just depends on what you're looking for it to do. If this is like a less touchy Fuse or Comet, I think it will win some spots in people's bags. If it takes a lot of effort, people will go back to what they know.

The Axis is versatile, but for a mid it has a pretty steep learning curve. Requires a good deal of snap to get it to hold the line you want it, so it isn't quite effortless out of the box.

I agree that it is not effortless to throw.

I personally like/do not mind beads on most molds so I am shocked that I have not heard anyone complain about the disc appearing to have at least an Ion-sized bead. Usually that is an immediate deal breaker for some picky people. Does anyone see a likleyhood of a bead in that picture? It would be a little strange for what I can only assume will be a plenty US mid marketed as "sleek".

Yeah, a new Axis is easy to throw straight but getting it to hold steep lines takes some seasoning. If this is more neutral out of the box, it could wear into something really unique to MVP's line-up, a decidedly understable non-driver.

I personally like/do not mind beads on most molds so I am shocked that I have not heard anyone complain about the disc appearing to have at least an Ion-sized bead. Usually that is an immediate deal breaker for some picky people. Does anyone see a likleyhood of a bead in that picture? It would be a little strange for what I can only assume will be a plenty US mid marketed as "sleek".

All pictures from MVP with the discs stacked like that are deceiving, it's very hard to tell where one bead ends, and the next flight plate begins.

Good. The axis is way too overstable to be a workable mid right out of the box. Hopefully you can power down on the tangent and still get some usable lines out of it.

Do... do you and I have different discs with the same name stamped on them? :confused:

I found my Axis to be immediately workable, and has continued to be so for quite a while, right from the start.

Axis

I was thinking the same thing, The Axis fly's like a dream at high or low power.. Iv had three and they all were easy to manipulate. Also the Axis has no real fade unless your sky chucking it.

I agree with Jincilla, my Axis have taken top spot in my bag right off the get go, I don't think a less stable disc will fill any role in my bag, but I will get one anyhow. I'd like to see if they are more workable than a light weight Axis, I haven't had good results with <176g. It'd be cool if it opens the market to people with less snap.

As a coyote fan I'm pretty excited about this one.
Sometimes my coyote seems like a 10lb brick, perfect line but no carry. A super glidey version would be nice.
This is the one slot in my bag that's been up for grabs for a long time.

Well I was deciding on whether to buy another meteor or not, but now I know what to do to compliment my two axis's and 3 anodes which I've grown to Loooooveee!

Looks like the profile of the Pearl, as long as you take the core/rim difference into account. Might have to give it a go. Especially if it feels smaller in hand than an Axis/Vector.

A workable mid is something I can throw on multiple lines at multiple different power levels. The axis is overstable out of the bag. Not trying to brag, but I have a very clean throw. I can take a disc out of any of my friends' bags and throw it slightly more stable than they can just due to the lack of OAT etc. The axis for me will not go straight even at 300+, it has a very slow fade at all times.
Something workable I would be able to throw on a hyzerflip for a straight shot. Slightly more hyzer for a hyzer, less hyzer for an anhyzer. The disc needs to be just stable enough to not turn and burn, but understable enough to be able to pull off a variation of hyzerflips to get the lines of fade I want. Right now that is a combination of DX Roc/X Buzzz and Z Comet (all beat to hell).

My mid lineup is: DX Roc (beat), DX Flattop roc (newish), Z Comet, X buzzz (thrashed), Eclipse Axis.

There is quite a bit of overlap between this group. But in order to be able to throw at low-mid power, I have to have the buzzz and beat dx roc in there. Otherwise I could do every higher powered shot with just a flattop roc and z comet. If the tangent was slightly understable so that it could be hyzerflipped at low power and not fade hard, then it could likely remove two in my bag (both rocs).

Any mid can be versatile, it just depends on what you're looking for it to do. If this is like a less touchy Fuse or Comet, I think it will win some spots in people's bags. If it takes a lot of effort, people will go back to what they know.

if by snap you mean velocity, yes. I can throw an axis on an anhyzer if I put it on one. It also needs to be moving pretty fast. There is no "touch" with an axis, just like any other slightly overstable disc. Understability is key to glide and finesse.

Do... do you and I have different discs with the same name stamped on them? :confused:

I found my Axis to be immediately workable, and has continued to be so for quite a while, right from the start.

probably different definitions of workable

Domey axees can be quite stable, but still very versatile. Some people's are on crack yo

understable discs can perform so many more shots than overstable.

Has MVP let out any information on Tangent weights? I would like to know if they will offer Tangents in the neighborhood of 165 grams.

Albino fwiw I can do the same thing with my friends discs, but every flatter Axis I've thrown has given me that dead straight line when new, even under 300'. That's what sold me on it initially, was how straight it would stay at a wide range of distances (200-400'). I do agree that domier ones are not as workable the first few months, but flat or worn Axis are a pleasure to throw.

Really interested to see how this disc compares with my beat Axis that has some high speed turn. If it at all compares its gonna be a great disc. I don't throw that Axis on holes where I might lose it...

Latest posts