• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

Some interesting stuff in Ventura. The city may be considering a course at River Bottom and the state maybe be considering a course at Buenaventura beach park.

Haven't there been temp tourney courses out at Buenaventura?
Yes, but this would be the first attempt at making a permanent course. We already have a great layout that we use on special occasions. (Superbowl Sunday, New Years Day, etc.) One of the guys that works at The Jolly Oyster has been speaking to the state about putting a course in. If you're not familiar The Jolly Oyster is a stand in the park that sells fresh shellfish. The business has already purchased 3 baskets. In their talks with the state they found out that there are 270+ days at the park with virtually no people. A perm course would be good for the park and good for us.

Is Buenaventura big enough for a permanent course? All the times I've played there, it was just 6 baskets with 3 sets of tees. I suppose you could do that permanently, but it seems like even a 9 holer out there would be a bit crowded.

Hey Lion or anybody that might know.
Any word on the course in Brookings? I'm headed up that way in May. Don't suppose it will be up by then?
Any other courses in the area going in by then? Or will the course in Cresent City be the only game in town?

Thanks all!

I recently talked with Ron from CC and he said there is the posiblity that that course could be being shrunk down to 18 holes in a 6 acre area. :mad::thmbdown:

Yikes....So I should just bring my APX (putter) lol!

Thanks for the heads up. To bad I won't have time to hit up the Eureka area.

Anyone have updates on courses being approved/designed in the Sacramento area? I've heard some talk about a course in Folsom and one possibly at Granite Park near Hwy 50 and Howe Ave. The Sac area needs some new courses to take pressure off Shady Oaks!

Anyone have updates on courses being approved/designed in the Sacramento area? I've heard some talk about a course in Folsom and one possibly at Granite Park near Hwy 50 and Howe Ave. The Sac area needs some new courses to take pressure off Shady Oaks!

I heard granite park could be the site for a course but not for like 3-5 years. The only things I have heard about Folsom is 5-10 years away. Gibson Ranch is the only thing in the near future that can help take pressure of Shady and Rocklin.

Thanks for the update topdog. A tournament level course at Gibson Ranch would be great and a course in Folsom would also be nice. We'll see what happens in the next year or two.

I'm not 100% if its still even in the works, but there were talks of a course going in at fiddyment park in Roseville. A course in Folsom would be great especially since I do a lot of work in the area. I know of some places around there that would make for great courses.

I recently talked with Ron from CC and he said there is the posiblity that that course could be being shrunk down to 18 holes in a 6 acre area. :mad::thmbdown:

Update: Ron sent me a txt recently saying that the city had come to their senses and is going to leave the DG course as it is.

The city of Oceanside has some land that it wants made into a disc golf course. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics, but from what I know it is pretty likely.

The city of Oceanside has some land that it wants made into a disc golf course. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics, but from what I know it is pretty likely.

That would be cool, any idea who is doing the design?

That would be cool, any idea who is doing the design?

I know that they're talking to Kinetic about having it put in... I don't know who approached who about it, and I don't know who will be doing the design either. Kinetic sponsors Philo and Devan Owens, so I could see them potentially being part of the process, but I don't know if that's the way it'll go.

Gotcha, thanks. If you get any more info on that pass it along, I'd love to help out.

Half Moon Bay in process

Slowly it goes, but we do have our second meeting with the San Mateo county reps tomorrow...hopefully some day Half Moon Bay can be a destination from SF to Santa Cruz...Thanks for the support everyone!!

Is this course done and playable? I see it listed online on other sites? Let us know.

I guess it is time to announce: Butte county is working on it's 5th course in the town of Concow. My good friend was given permission to build two 18 hole courses on the Concow campground which is on a 100 acre private property. I have been spending my mornings help clearing and setting pin locations. We are talking carving epic DG through old growth pine and oak with plenty of elevation. The first course will be completed by the summer and the second will follow. FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/398912483511653/ I will keep you posted as things develop...

It's posts right now. The guy in charge of the project has decided to move to Portland. They were supposed to have tones done by now but they are over researching how to make them (does it make a sound when you hit it....). I will keep you posted.

It's posts right now. The guy in charge of the project has decided to move to Portland. They were supposed to have tones done by now but they are over researching how to make them (does it make a sound when you hit it....). I will keep you posted.

Easy way to go on this, step 1: get old fire extiguishers. Step 2: cut the tops off. Step 3: drill a hole in what was the botom for the bolt to go through. Step 4: put them over the top of posts. Step 5: attach to post with a washer and a lag bolt. Step 6: Enjoy. :D

These will make the nicest and loudest tonepoles that exist. Now you need to show me around that course next time I'm down that way Mike.:p