• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke OS - Overstable..... Heck Yeah it is!!!!

SpringDgLover

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
So I just got two new Nuke OS's and let me tell yeah these things are Beasty. Think like speed 13 CFR Max's and you get the idea. Funny thing is they dont really appear all that different from the regular Nuke after comparing the wings and flight plates. Anyone got any ideas on how Discraft pulled this off?

oh theyre different lol. wing is more concave and its shallow. i threw one at discnation and its indeed beefy as can be. i just dont like the grip. i prefer the pd2 :)

I've not thrown one yet. But if it has a shallow grip I think I'll stick to my force. I like to wrap my gorilla fingers around a wing without running into the bottom of a flight plate. :) Feels more solid in the hand to me that way.

Compare that wing to a predator(discrafts most OS driver), see the similarity? Concave rim/wing as opposed to a flat wing.

I've got some coming for my huge hyzer shots.

I've not thrown one yet. But if it has a shallow grip I think I'll stick to my force. I like to wrap my gorilla fingers around a wing without running into the bottom of a flight plate. :) Feels more solid in the hand to me that way.

The rim is deeper then the regular nukes.

CPD2 > Nuke OS

Not as overstable which is nice. I threw the Nuke OS a couple times last night and wasn't impressed. Don't think I would throw it very often if it was in my bag.

The Nuke OS is interesting. I saw a number of people tossing first runs this weekend and lower powered players (300-340') were able to get them to go straight and then fade. A lot like a beat pred. The bigger power players, over 500', were bombing them out there on roughly the same shot but with clearly more flex. I think the OS is going to be able to compete with the CPD2. I heard the proto's blew ass though.

The Nuke OS is interesting. I saw a number of people tossing first runs this weekend and lower powered players (300-340') were able to get them to go straight and then fade. A lot like a beat pred. The bigger power players, over 500', were bombing them out there on roughly the same shot but with clearly more flex. I think the OS is going to be able to compete with the CPD2. I heard the proto's blew ass though.

So are you saying the protos weren't as OS as the production runs?

Booter
aren't you a mod? (hehehe)
mesh this thread with the other Nuke OS thread
they are the same

gawdamn lazy journalism

I watched Matt Sealy bomb one about 700' during the Final 9 at The Wild Hair on Sunday.

Got mine on Monday. Threw it on a wide-open bomber hole into a headwind (maybe 10-15mph). I threw it full-force flat, and it went dead-straight. Then, at about 325', it meat-hooked to the left. OS for sure! Can't wait until it's broken-in and will fly straight further. To me, it feels like a flat-top Nuke. I'll keep it in the bag.

much of the discussions about 'most overstable' discs in production (if you were to track it by the most commonly mentioned discs) centers around Force, XXX & Max... by what i've read about the Nuke OS it sounds like it might be the hardest fading disc around.

i look forward to trying one at some point.

much of the discussions about 'most overstable' discs in production (if you were to track it by the most commonly mentioned discs) centers around Force, XXX & Max... by what i've read about the Nuke OS it sounds like it might be the hardest fading disc around.

i look forward to trying one at some point.

XXX, Firebird, Pred, Max, CPD2, and Nuke OS. Nuke OS is a longer pred.

Yea os is def not tge most overstable disc around. Also I dont understand why peopleget an overstable disc like the os and cant wait for a beat in version.if thats the case,just get a reg nuke

I thought the Nuke OS was garbage (so was the SS), I'll stick to throwing the regular nuke and using a Force and Predator for my OS/wind shots.

Yea os is def not tge most overstable disc around. Also I dont understand why peopleget an overstable disc like the os and cant wait for a beat in version.if thats the case,just get a reg nuke

HAHA! dont start using logic on people they prolly wont understand anyway. this works sometimes. im sure between the OS, reg you can do that. but the SS is a totally different disc from the reg Nuke, scary flippy. id want a beat-in nuke over a nuke ss for consistency sake.

I did some comparisons and if the rim is any shallower then a normal nuke it is arbirtrary at best. The top is much flatter. There is a slight concave to the wing but it is very subtle. I agree that it isnt the most overstable disc around but when it finishes it gets to the ground quick and hard with very little skip, similar to a Pink Z Force or Xcal. Some would say this is like a Predator but to me a Pred has way less finish then the OS. When this things wing tilts to the ground its diving fast.

Has anyone did a flight comparison with this and the Ape? As I think this should be its main competitor at this speed and stability.