• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One day in Portland

Let me change the question a little: Which courses are more representative of disc golf in the Portland area

I would say the courses most represenative of the Portland area would be Milo and Pier. After those 2, probably Horning's. Make sure you get that Pier round in before you leave.

I would say the courses most represenative of the Portland area would be Milo and Pier. After those 2, probably Horning's. Make sure you get that Pier round in before you leave.

Yay, I was leaning toward Milo, but I am a late add on, and don't want to influence the choice much. The pics of Horning's reminds me of a course down here that is the most overrated course in the US.

My 2 pence as a guy who hasn't played any of the courses involved and has only drooled over all the good YouTube coverage:

car + Portland = Milo

My new advice now is try to figure out a way to stay another day. :thmbup:

made from tire rims, they have the sweetest clang when you miss a putt low. it's like ringing the tone poles of old... if i was a local there i would play rounds where only that sound counts.

Try putting on them with Flywood's wooden putter! It'll scare all the peacocks away.

Whatever you end up doing, have a great time. I hope the weather holds out for you.

Yup. I don't do rain, so the whole thing could be a cross country flight to drink beer.

And there's nothing wrong with that either. Tons of great beer options in Portland.

FWIW, I played the Canyon and Meadow courses at Hornings, along with Pier Park on a short trip to Portland a few years ago and wouldn't have a problem recommending them.

We might be putting a Portland/Crater Lake vacation on the horizon for this year or next. If so, I'll hit up Milo for sure.

Even I played in the rain while out in the PNW. Sometimes you just gotta deal with stuff.

Latest posts