• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Texas State Disc Golf Championship Mar 26-28

80 degrees expected high today but two different rounds of thunderstorms expected tomorrow. Should be coming both mid-morning and likely after they are finished up for the day.
Sunday is gonna be mud-ee!

Seems like Ezra A is feeling the pressure of the spotlight.

After watching his first round at Belton it seems like he doesn't quite have the mental game to stay consistent. Not sure if the new contract and added media attention have contributed or not. From his demeanor, it doesn't seem like it would but who knows.

He also doesn't strike me as a player with very much touch. Seems like he prefers to rip discs at max speed, so I'm not surprised he'd struggle on a wooded course like Dogwood. Not sure what his finishes were like last year on the more wooded courses

Any insight on what's impacting the streaming quality? I don't think it's my local network. I initially thought it was the cameras having the stream over a mobile network (probably over-simplifying that), but even the hole fly over just now was a little choppy and that should be pre-recorded, right?

Terry Miller going Disc-Golf-Viral.

"Almost a velcro type tree. You get anywhere near them they will suck your dick."

Any insight on what's impacting the streaming quality? I don't think it's my local network. I initially thought it was the cameras having the stream over a mobile network (probably over-simplifying that), but even the hole fly over just now was a little choppy and that should be pre-recorded, right?

Maybe JVDs signal at home is lagging today? Is it raining in wisconsin?

gpIOx88.jpeg

Spring just posted in the comments that they are working on the stream issues. SO it doesn;t sound like its a signal problem at the course.

Only con to these types of courses is for galleries. Thick woods is not great for large amounts of people to watch these guys live.

I haven't watched yet, but I would guess the thick woods will also be a detriment to video coverage?

(This doesn't mean I want them to cut the trees down, just pointing out the con)

After watching his first round at Belton it seems like he doesn't quite have the mental game to stay consistent. Not sure if the new contract and added media attention have contributed or not. From his demeanor, it doesn't seem like it would but who knows.

He also doesn't strike me as a player with very much touch. Seems like he prefers to rip discs at max speed, so I'm not surprised he'd struggle on a wooded course like Dogwood. Not sure what his finishes were like last year on the more wooded courses

LOL he's a big arm and has only been playing for what, 2 years?
He blew up on social because he's a good dude and has big muscles. We shouldn't expect him to really be competitive based on the histories of the players who are currently competitive.

I'm a local and can assure you that the other courses being played are nowhere near as difficult as dogwood.

That said, I do wish they played some combination of the other Lindsey Park courses for one of their rounds. They offer some shots that you dont get to throw on dogwood

Latest posts