• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

I shot my best round ever yesterday right after shooting my worst round ever..i think i was something like +20 at z boaz (dont laugh only my second time to play there) and then went on to shoot a +2 at greenbriar about an hour after that horrible round

2010 Milestones:

Threw 300' pretty accurately
Played 33 new courses
Wrote all 9 (whoopity-doo, right?) of my reviews
Photographed 12 un-photographed courses
Played Highbridge, Blue Ribbon Pines

Hope to this year:

Throw 300' backhand
get to 50 courses played
Become some sorta trusted reviewer
Photograph about 10 more courses
Play Western MI

^I have begun to unravel the mystery of snap. It's so exciting!

Step #1 was: Forget everything you know about THROWING a disc. You are no longer throwing.

I love it!

Yeah, it's really so different than how I had been throwing before. One of the biggest things I've noticed how little effort your arm actually puts into the throw. Before, after a "big rip", I would have that feeling in my arm where you know you just really exerted yourself.

Now, with a nice slow arm movement and quick acceleration at the end, combined with a good hip motion, I find it remarkable that a drive that seems really long leaves NONE of that exertion feeling. In fact, I feel like I barely threw the disc at all (I guess it's because, like you said, it's not like really "throwing" it).

I never really took the time to think about my DG milestones...but when I stopped to take inventory, I was pretty impressed with the amount I've seen and participated in in just 2 years of the sport :)

1.I have played close to 80 courses in 12 states. The highlights: Maple Hill/Pyramids, Flip City, Jordan Creek, Brakewell Steel/Warwick, Fountain Hills, Winthrop, Renny, Nevin, Hornets, Deer Lakes, Orange Crush...these are amazing courses! I am unbelievably lucky!
2. I played in 2010 am worlds at 1 year into the sport. I didn't finish last!
3. I can throw 275-300 consistently! (PS-I'm a girl, so that's a pretty respectable distance!)
4. I was able to increase my PDGA rating by almost 90 points in a year and a half!
5. The best milestone--my boyfriend proposed to me while playing a round of disc golf :hfive:

Yet to be achieved: The elusive 1st ace, winning in women's advanced, learning how to throw forehand, going an entire season without wicked poison ivy/oak!

Not a good milestone, but for the first time ever my rating went down (915-899), I plan to blow it up and gain at least 30 points by the end of the season.

Today in my first round of the week I was on hole #12 at Veterans Park in Arlington,TX and Parked my drive within 3-4 ft from the basket definitely my longest drive ever don't know exactly how long it was but well over 400'

Win my first tournament.
Get my first rating (just got a PDGA membership a few days ago :)).
Dye a disc using more than just e-tape haha.
Learn to throw rollers and tommies/thumbers.
Putt reasonably well.
Have twice as much fun at least.

When I finally learned how to snap down on a drive and could instantly fell the difference.
It was like the first time I heard the Beatles.

Won another unsanctioned event in advanced (top division offered) against my toughest competition, a 1002 rated player. It came down to the final hole and was the most exhilirating win yet in my disc golf experience so far.

Course #100!

Yeah I know.... I thought I would have at least smiled too.

picture.php

Won another unsanctioned event in advanced (top division offered) against my toughest competition, a 1002 rated player. It came down to the final hole and was the most exhilirating win yet in my disc golf experience so far.

Lol you have already said that in this thread.

place top 10 as am in a tournament...play 20 courses...get first ace!

1st Ace, June 27th, 2010.
Won Am Division Monthly Tournament, June 27th 2010.
Shot -17 in doubles, tying Sedgley Woods Course Record.
Won Adv Am Division in Monthly Tournament, February 28, 2011.