• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

I just came in from throwing with my son and grandson for about an hour in the backyard. My 8 year old grandson got three throws from the 'tee' and two putts. My son got two throws from the tee and a single putt. I played straight up.

We bet quarters for the first 50 minutes and the grand kid was up $1.25. The finale ($1.00) was also won by the youngest man. He walked away happy and considering his financial options. :clap:

I just came in from throwing with my son and grandson for about an hour in the backyard. My 8 year old grandson got three throws from the 'tee' and two putts. My son got two throws from the tee and a single putt. I played straight up.

We bet quarters for the first 50 minutes and the grand kid was up $1.25. The finale ($1.00) was also won by the youngest man. He walked away happy and considering his financial options. :clap:

gambling with the grandkids. priceless!:)

Went to a new (to me) course - Capital Springs - and when I arrived it was beautiful weather! About 72 and sunny, very light wind...played the front 9 waiting for friends to show up and was (-7), should have been (-8) even but nubbed out a putt. As we went to tee off as a group, the picked up and changed direction, and it was almost 20 degrees colder when we finished about 2 hours later. When the temp cooled so did my game! I think I was around even for 18 holes - the higher winds really made the round tough since there was a ton of elevation change.

All in all I had a great time and got to see a new course!

Played 18 for the first time in full ambidextrous mode. For clarification purposes, last year I faced the prospect of not playing due to severe tendinitis in my right elbow. Since I am lefty dominate in some things, writing being the main one, I taught myself to play lefty. Today I played RHBH/LHBH based on the lines. Bested my lowest score on this course by 4 shots. I don't yet have as much distance lefty, but I get a slightly straighter line. Sill probably 80/20 RH vs LH, but my LHBH is far superior than my RH flick, so I'm committed to play this year ambi, see how it goes. I expected it to be more difficult mentally to switch but it wasn't all that hard.

Ever have one of those rounds where just about everything goes right? I shot an 850-(DCGR) rated round for the first time ever.

Wanted to throw Idlewild before the summer growth takes over and humidity levels rise like mad. I didn't score very well (uphill holes are brutal when you're out of shape..) but I made some improvements to my game. Lately I've been focusing on using my hips more after reaching back and letting that start the inward pull before activating my arm. Its paying off. I took advantage of a good left to right tail wind from 3's long and threw a nice hyzer flip to turn over shot that almost got me to the green with a flippy Pro Destroyer. It was about 475ft. Missed the deuce but still really happy with that drive. Also got a 3 on 16's long for the first time thanks to a good drive and soft Harp forehand layup. Really looking forward to seeing the Pro's throw the course this summer

Got my first 5 on the hardest hole in maybe a year. Everytime I threw hard, it went to the ground. I need to just chill next round and not try for the hero shot.

Played 27+ at Seneca Creek after work. Would have played more if it wasn't getting dark. The course was gorgeous - dogwoods in bloom, and the sweet scent of winter honeysuckle.

Despite being massively out of practice I played better than I have any right to expect. The Wave was flying particularly nicely on the tight Seneca fairways.

Front nine was fugly but the last two holes were birdie on 1A, missed 40' birdie putt on 1C (yes, I threw two drives), and birdie on 2A.

On 1C I yanked my drive right but the Wave seeing-eyed its way through a million trees and finished pin-high. It was completely ridiculous. :eek:

I had a "10 under"(60 on a mix of long and short pin locations) based on the posted pars at Millstream park in St Joe MN last night. I was pretty happy with my round considering I found water 4 times, I don't expect to do that well again for a long time.

Shot -8 (new personal best) at Elm Creek in Maple Grove, MN yesterday. The biggest difference was consistency. Didn't have any errant shots but didn't try to be a hero. I hit most of the lines I wanted and was really happy with my tee shots. I got my first birdies ever on holes 3, 14, and 18. Overall good day.

Played 27 at Sandy Point and 18 at Brandy Lake yesterday.

Felt like I was playing great at Sandy, almost tied my best (+5) w a +6. But I made tons more long par saves that felt better than short birdies. Putting was on fire! Also deuced hole 24 long left, lazered a Champ Sidewinder on a dead straight line and scooted up against a tree, and made the 25 foot putt. Best shot of the year so far!

Somehow lost it (tired after eating?) at Brandy Lake after lunch - finished even which to me is unacceptable for that course. Two'd 2 and 4, then had three straight bogeys, just crapped the bed.

Great day with great weather though.

Played 18 at Patapsco, short tees to long baskets (my favorite configuration). Practice basket has been replaced by a playground, unfortunately, but otherwise the course was gorgeous with dogwoods and redbuds in bloom. Played decently despite consistently releasing just late enough to catch something on the right side of the fairway. Approach shots made up for mediocre drives, and putting was decent.

Mostly testing Fission Volts vs. S-FD and different weights of Inertia. Decided that Volt fits my distance better than Wrath, so I'm going to start seasoning up some Volts and see how they evolve.

Been playing 5,6,7 days a week since I picked up disc golf in 2011, but had a knee twinge last Monday evening that sent me to my chiropractor, took Tuesday off, and then had an eye problem (vascular hemorrhage) hit me on Wednesday. Thought it best not to throw full power for a few days.
Went back to throwing some putts into my home basket Friday, and finally out to my local pitch & putt this morning (for my birthday). Putting went well, but half my drives were wonky. Funny thing is, I actually threw within three strokes of my personal course best, and 4 to 5 below my average there. So, I think I'm about ready to get back to my routine. :)

Played my best two consecutive rounds in tournament play to date and feel really good about being able to maintain a consistent level of play over a whole tournament.

Shot 58 on the gold layout at Newport News with 2 holes added (20 hole layout total). Then shot 52 on a 20 hole red layout with 8 2's and no bogeys. Rounds came in at 992 and 996 rated which is a really good day for me.

Played patapsco yesterday. Started hot for me with 6 solid pars in a row, even a couple good birdie looks, but blew the putts. Started on 10 because the front had a mob group, got to hole 17 feeling good then BOOM! Caught a nasty tree kick way down in the ravine that slopes off left. After that I couldn't get out of the trees.

On the plus side, putting wasn't bad, I had some solid drives, even over throwing a couple holes which is generally unheard of for me. The takeaway is I have the distance now, but need to work on placement, clutch putting, and mental recovery.

Played patapsco yesterday. .

Me, too. I wonder if we crossed paths - I was playing solo with my dog.

And oh, man, kicking left on #17 is ugly. I have seen a bad tree kick land behind the tee and 200' left in the "valley of despair".

I played mostly short to long again, with a few long to longs thrown in. Took the front 9 to get dialed in and then drove decently. Approaches were good, putting hit or miss. Had fun.

Best drive was #15 short to long. Steep downhill, about 415', basket on the edge of a severe drop-off. Turned over a Plasma Wave into a headwind but it recovered and landed about 45' right of the basket. Deuce would have been sweet but missed the putt.

Still nice to get an easy drop-in 3 on that hole.

Last edited:
Played doubles with a bunch of strangers today. It was first time throwing my new local course (Ferry Park). Fortunately, they let me pick my wife, not that I would have let them decide otherwise. We more or less hustled the locals, came in 2nd out of 6 pairs with an -8.

Elver and it's crowds got to me after one of my best front 9s ever. My group of 3 was behind a group with 1 guy playing longs and 2 playing shorts who refused to let people through. Eventually we joined up with 2 singles that joined together after we let them through but the next group didn't.

That happened on hole 11, at which point I was -8, with my 2 pars being a metal hit on 4 from 40 ft and a chain out on 6 from the trees behind the basket.

But all downhill from there. Finished at -4. The waiting and people were too much for me.

But on the bright side I birdied 17 for the first time of the year, and birdied 2 at long pin for the first time ever.

I made it to Marlette golf course, the course near MVP HQ. Nice course on a ball golf course. But because of the rain yesturday it was a sloppy mess. And today WIND. So much wind. +9, which wasn't too bad considering any putt outside of 20 foot was at best a 2 putt.