• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Must be great to be able to speak and write your first language all over the World and on the webb. . . the rest of us just have to try the best we can

you think that's nice? it's even better having the world's reserve currency. though i detest the policy, thanks for soaking up our inflation

on topic... you gotta figure Nikko is going back to a mixed bag. isn't that the usual pattern?

you think that's nice? it's even better having the world's reserve currency. though i detest the policy, thanks for soaking up our inflation

on topic... you gotta figure Nikko is going back to a mixed bag. isn't that the usual pattern?

Dread, your posts come across extremely cynical.

I don't disagree with your point, but is this the right place to say it?

And you'll never find another SSS just like it

I'm a little bewildered. Maybe I left it behind on a basket, but I'm hoping it's hiding under my back seat or something.

I only use it for putts, so it's bugging me I've lost it.

The whole PDGA model was based on Ams being spectators (remember, we were faking it 'til we made it) and the flipside of that was the open players and am players were at the same parks playing the same courses hanging out in the same parking lots between rounds, the same flymarts, the same players parties...disc golfers got used to having A LOT of access to the Ken Climo's and Barry Schultz' of the world.

Now that whole model is out the window; it doesn't work anymore. Clubs that have literally spent decades planning their whole existence around "if we do this and that and then somebody finds a sponsor maybe Paul McBeth will come to our A Tier" have to pivot; Paul McBeth is never coming to your A Tier. We literally no longer have any responsibility to prop up pro disc golf. That is DGPT's problem now.

Cutting lose Am's from events like DDO and DGLO is just going to be a step toward that. Any event trying to cling to that old "one size fits all/Open and Am's all in one place" model is going to have to come to grips with that.

but...."Grow the sport"

but...."Grow the sport"
Yeah, I mean the whole thing behind "grow the sport" was really "we want to make money and we want you to put in all the ground work so we can do that". :| Cynical, I guess. Now that we are getting there, I guarantee most of the people we are talking about in this thread don't give two hoots about what happens to those of us that put in the work. They got paid. That's what "grow the sport" was about to them.

But the term is around and I'm sure places will still throw it around so they can pretend they care about grass roots disc golf. We are a market, and they will use the term to market to us.

Hmm, never thrown a Wizard: after 11 years, about damn time.
It's funny now however many years down the road how many people I know now who play disc golf regularly who have never thrown an Aviar, never thrown a Roc, never thrown a Wizard, never thrown a Viper, never thrown a Cyclone, never thrown a Stingray... Then I go "Nah, I've never thrown a Zone" and their jaws drop like I'm some sort of mutant. :|

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing an entirely different game than everyone else and just haven't noticed.

It's funny now however many years down the road how many people I know now who play disc golf regularly who have never thrown an Aviar, never thrown a Roc, never thrown a Wizard, never thrown a Viper, never thrown a Cyclone, never thrown a Stingray... Then I go "Nah, I've never thrown a Zone" and their jaws drop like I'm some sort of mutant. :|

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing an entirely different game than everyone else and just haven't noticed.

Ahhh dude ya just gotta try a Zone!!![emoji106][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikko posted this to his IG today. I spy a gateway bag 👀
Screenshot-20220113-184148-01.jpg

That bag is super old school, I got one back in 2012. It's a tank and still in great shape today!

A few years ago when all the new companies started to appear, I used to joke on the tee that "I gotta try one of those new Legacy Trilogy Prodigys". I still only throw Innova and Discraft.

A few years ago when all the new companies started to appear, I used to joke on the tee that "I gotta try one of those new Legacy Trilogy Prodigys". I still only throw Innova and Discraft.

Lol- be relatable and grow the sport? Spread the money around? Innova has the market share now. But without notable players, it is possible for them to be perceived by the next 100,000 PDGA members as the Walmart and Dick's brand. Discraft has McBeast and PP, so they're gtg for a while.

Innova has the market share now. But without notable players, it is possible for them to be perceived by the next 100,000 PDGA members as the Walmart and Dick's brand. Discraft has McBeast and PP, so they're gtg for a while.

Interesting take.

Looking at it in terms of possible sales projections as newer players inevitably become a larger % of the potential customer base, and long time players become a smaller % of the potential customer base.

I think Innova will always have a lot of the "new player" market exactly because they are in stock at the Big Box stores. I didn't know any other brands existed back in my youth since all the local Dick's had was Innova.

(I also mostly bought high speed drivers that faded hard and left, but that's a different discussion...)

Lately, I've seen Trilogy getting stocked at Dick's also. But Innova still has most of the market there, so most casual players who know nothing about the professional scene will continue to use Innova/Trilogy since that's what they can find at their local Big Box.

I wondered how much $1.000.000 a year is. . so i made a silly count.

Richard Wysocki played 24 tpurnament in 2021 and in those he threw a total of 4197 throws

$1.000.000 devided by 4197 is $238 for every throw he made in 2021...
Perhaps add the number of practice putts and throws he probably made?