• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official Prodigy Website Security Thread

reverse rolled? Can I see a pic of that?

It's like the rim on a Gateway Spirit/Illusion/Speed Demon. Instead of the area being sharp where the rim meets the bottom edge of the wing it is rounded over.

Last edited:
take it easy there...no one here likes to "talk ****". Tourney was simply disputing a point. Chill out and go throw some plastic
Gopher. I could'nt care less what you think tourney was trying to do. i take him at his word. he had an opinion of my post and voiced mine of his. that is how discussion boards work. there is no chilling out as i am not up in arms. meerly posting my .02 on the interweb.

Last edited:
These threads make me secretly hope Prodigy is a huge failure.

I'd have to say I prefer the disc company that focuses on product without necessarily all the hooplah. Granted, I'm green enough to have missed the debuts of Lat 64, Westside, Vibram, MVP, etc. but I'm pretty sure from what I've read here they weren't as "groundbreaking," "fundamentally shifting," and "earth-shattering" as Prodigy has made themselves seem. Seriously, when you assemble the team they have, you are out for blood, which is a huge turn-off for me in a game that seems based on casual and friendly.*/naive/*

Anybody else try to get in contact with prodigy directly (email or phone). I have tried over and over and have never gotten an answer on the phone or a reply emal. Anybody know whats up with that?

Anybody else try to get in contact with prodigy directly (email or phone). I have tried over and over and have never gotten an answer on the phone or a reply emal. Anybody know whats up with that?

Too busy planning world domination, one 50-disc shipment at a time.

A lil odd if you ask me. When I pulled up there page and looked at local dealers I started calling around. Nobody seems to know what is going on, but some of the dealers are a lil miffed that prodigy has them listed as a dealer without any timeframe on when they are going to get the product. I wonder what the deal is

You guys must have forgotten one of the simple priciples of marketing, create hype to create dollar$ !!! Whether you are talking good or bad about prodigy, you are talking (fueling) the hype, which in turn, makes everyone want one, or at least keep up with whats going on (this is where you sell advertising, because now you have the attention of everyone). I find it funny that every Jo-shmo demands to know whats going on, like they sit on the board of directors of prodigy disc golf. Does apple tell the public about the new iphone before it comes out, no. Does nike tell the public about their new product before they come out, no. They tell you just enough to create hype, show you a little tease picture with "coming soon" attached, building it building it building it, until everyone cant stand it anymore, and then, BOOM release!!!

I will give them major marketing credit. Build it and they will come. You cant deny it. You want one. I want one, a green one of course. So, dont be hater, embrace the hype, this sport needs it. Remember, any publicity is good publicity.

Just sayin....

Last edited:
True....but when building relationships with potential dealers.....communication is key, just my two cents

I'd have to say I prefer the disc company that focuses on product without necessarily all the hooplah. Granted, I'm green enough to have missed the debuts of Lat 64, Westside, Vibram, MVP, etc. but I'm pretty sure from what I've read here they weren't as "groundbreaking," "fundamentally shifting," and "earth-shattering" as Prodigy has made themselves seem. Seriously, when you assemble the team they have, you are out for blood, which is a huge turn-off for me in a game that seems based on casual and friendly.*/naive/*

I don't think they created much hoopah. These message boards took care of that.

I find it amusing that everyone is looking to find flaws. So far they have generated the most buzz in the market than anyone prior. They have people paying upwards of $50/disc for their debut discs. They have been meeting their projected release dates. Seems to me they sure are doing some things very right. I recall issues with meeting projected release dates for MVP, and Grip. Grip most definitely had some major hiccups but seem to be thriving.

I find it amusing that everyone is looking to find flaws. So far they have generated the most buzz in the market than anyone prior. They have people paying upwards of $50/disc for their debut discs. They have been meeting their projected release dates. Seems to me they sure are doing some things very right. I recall issues with meeting projected release dates for MVP, and Grip. Grip most definitely had some major hiccups but seem to be thriving.

It's like half hipster, half poking the people who seem to really be into Prodigy. Obviously it gets a rise out of people to point out flaws, so it keeps happening. I am not innocent of this myself, but honestly none of this really matters until they have a full line out and posterity is the real judge.

It's like half hipster, half poking the people who seem to really be into Prodigy. Obviously it gets a rise out of people to point out flaws, so it keeps happening. I am not innocent of this myself, but honestly none of this really matters until they have a full line out and posterity is the real judge.

I completely agree. I'm just saying that so far they aren't doing much wrong.

"Everything is going quite well. The plane has gracefully traversed the mountain range."

lebowskilimoblack3.4262.jpg

$30?! These release prices are getting ridiculous.

No ****, that's why I won't be picking any up for a while. Sticking with MVP. Also their site is up and it's not what I expected from all the hype. Hype, what a dangerous tool.

275% mark up. I know the online retailers need to earn a living, but at least make them affordable for the masses. I guess it's the old supply and demand model...

Latest posts