• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

Just heard this last weekend. "These Mach III's catch so well!!" Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I can't use putters, they dont work for me"....then putts with a nuke and misses 9 feet to the left.

I'm a younger disc golfer, 16, and have a relatively small stature making me appear even younger than that. Often, a newb will try to give me tips and pointers, claiming that they play all the time. Most of the time I throw twice as far as them, or they end up flexing a destroyer, boss, etc.

Also, some claim they play in all the local tournaments, I am yet to see one at even any of the leagues I frequent. Let alone the tournaments, including the one I TDed, at 16...
I feel you bro, I'm 17. I'll get these things like "you don't have a/an ...?!?! They're the only disc I throw over 400 feet!"
I'll then throw my tiny rimmed crave on a 360 foot hole
"Holy cow that must have been 500 feet plus!!"
"That was 365 tops..."

I want to be your doubles partner. Absolutely the worst thing a noob can say to you. It basically is like playing Cali without the Milligan per hole.

FH player: I need to go right so I'm going to use this heavier disc.

Luckily for him it also happened to be an overstable mold.

I know of someone, been around for a few years, but I think it still counts..Claims he can't dial back his power and also can't drive anything not high speed. It's funny to watch him blow past short holes, until he goes so far past that you almost get hit when your 100 feet past the basket.

"This disc has Gyro."
I was at Brown Deer yesterday, practicing for the GMO this weekend. As I walk up to hole #1, I see this group of 3 guys about to throw. One of the guys was loud & obnoxious. He loudly said "I only throw MVP like the top pros". :p He proceeds to throw straight into a tree 50' off the tee. He was trying to act cool for his two buddies. They both were chuckers only carrying a few discs in their hands. He had a Ranger bag full of MVP. Even after nailing the tree he says "If I would have thrown an Innova disc, it would have bounced off the tree even further into the woods". I asked nicely if I could play through (I was playing by myself). They agreed, I threw my seasoned KC Roc about 30' short the pin. One of the two chuckers asked me what disc I threw. I smiled & said "A Roc, it's an midrange made by Innova". The MVP guy gave me a mean look. He didn't say one word while we played out the hole together. He kept that angry look the entire time I was with them. I played hole #2 by myself & played the rest of the round solo. I've never met a guy in person who threw all MVP before yesterday. It was a funny experience for me, to say the least.

B Position (380')
25a549dc.jpg

That's some pretty good satire there... well at least I hope it is, lol.

Don't know what was better the Xanax, Adderall and ambien, or the PBR to finish.:thmbup:

"If I would have thrown an Innova disc, it would have bounced off the tree even further into the woods".

Everybody knows MVP's don't kick as far off trees as the other manufacturers. :rolleyes:

Latest posts