• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things you have lost on the course besides your discs

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I was thinking about something that happened last year. We were walking down the fairway of #5 at McDade Park in Conroe,TX and my friends and I found a cell phone. We were looking at the phone and the phone rang. It was the owner of the phone looking for his phone. He was on hole #14, and he came over and met us. He was very happy to get his phone back.

Just wondering if you have lost or found anything on the course besides a disc.

Yeah, my sunglasses, towels, some pocket changes, lighters, papers, pen/pencil, oh yeah and once lost my dog for the past 45 minutes at the course. Gave me quite scare...never again!!

My wife lost her patience when I was search for one of my discs for almost an hour. Strangely enough she always seems to find her patience before we take a trip to the mall.

My wife lost her patience when I was search for one of my discs for almost an hour. Strangely enough she always seems to find her patience before we take a trip to the mall.

LMAO! Thanks, I needed a great laugh.

I lost my pocket knife. It was a gift for my first father's day. I tried to replace it and bought the exact same knife. I hope one day I'll forget that I bought it and think that it's the original knife.

I lost a bitchin pair of Ray Ban's on the same disc golf course I found them on. That's what happens when you set your glasses down on your bag when you putt and then just grab you bag and walk away. I guess they were supposed to be lost.

And yes, I looked for the owner of the glasses when I had initially found them.
DSCJNKY

Couple of weeks ago I landed in the creek and had a buddy hold my legs while I went "head" (hands) first into a creek to get my disc and since i was upside down my phone fell out of my pocket and into the water...I retrieved my phone, took the sim card out and through the phone in the garbage..Technically is didnt lose it...but I lost it.

Now I keep my new phone in the bag.

I lost 3 pencils on 3 holes....sober! Found a 20 one time.

Not counting dics...

Lost:
Perscription sunglasses (twice)
towels (a few times)

Found:
Cool pocket knife
Baseball

Today I lost my patience after losing my first run boss on Hole 8 at Manor, TX. It's an 800' straight narrower than it looks fairway, downhill, and it tempts you to be aggressive. I was aggressive and threw the boss sidearm into a 20 MPH headwind and it turned over left into some dense shrubbery.

I've lost many rounds and many pounds on the course.

I've lost a few side bets on the course.

If I ever lose my virginity I hope it's on a DG course.

I hope no one says virginity.... I have just lost little things, pencils, pens, sandwich. I think I lost my water bottle when we were building the course. Does that count?

I was playing yesterday afternoon at my local course. While walking down the 10th fairway I found a pacifier someone had lost. There was a group ahead with a couple of kids in a stroller, I'm going to assume it was theirs, but they were finished before I could ask.

I've also found a dayplanner (returned to owner), and a name tag from a local grocery store.

Last edited:
I lost a few pounds playing this really hilly course. I also lost my snickers bar that I had packed to eat...bummer!

No joke, I once found a disc right under the basket. As I started walking towards the guy in front of us to see if it was his I found another disc 10' from the basket (once was bright blue the other orange). It ended up bein the guys discs...and he didn't seem like he was totally there haha.

Top This

2 years ago I was playing night golf with a couple friends at Morley Field in SD. We got to the third hole and I noticed my left hand didn't feel as heavy as usual, what was missing? That's right:

Wedding Ring Gone! :eek:

My friends and I searched with flashlights and drove our cars on the course for the headlights. After about 45 minutes we found it under a bench in the bark mulch. One of the most horrifying followed by the most relieved moments of my life. I took everyone out for Mexican food. I now play with my ring finger taped and secure.

Latest posts