• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tone Hole Construction

Same boat

We have started using a new tone pole system which is just nuts.

pound a piece of rebar into the ground, slope a length of fence pole over and add cap....they are super scary to put on as they are really small.

We have started using them on our established courses to create secret, members only alternate courses.

Secret, "Members Only" course? Don't they sell those coats at kmart?:p

RE: Smaller tones.
I'm working on this as well. One at a popular course, which might get DISCovered, and another at a park down the road near the MTB trails. The later site would be a sweet basket course but you all know how long that process could take. Tones like above would keep it secret, which would keep the douche bags away.

The ground is freezing quick so it would have to be done soon though!

I've only seen a tone pole course. If I remember correctly it was in Florida on church grounds. Didn't play it, it only had three tone-poles with 18 tees. Not a DG course...IMO. I have wondered if a tone -pole could be installed coming out of the top of a pole-hole. So you could play both. I'm sure it would help on my putting!..... Much smaller target!

I have a 1997 correspondance from Ed Larrabee who sold tube tones many year back.It is a handwritten note with info about a course going to be installed in Dayton and Columbus Ohio. I have a Austin, Texas Address and contact info. Patent # 5,452,903

We have started using a new tone pole system which is just nuts.

pound a piece of rebar into the ground, slope a length of fence pole over and add cap....they are super scary to put on as they are really small.

We have started using them on our established courses to create secret, members only alternate courses.

Do you have a picture of any of these?