• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Up and Coming Good Reviewers

I think most of my reviews are pretty lame 9 holers. That's my bread and butter.
That's a unsung public service for sure, with little recognition. Whenever I'm traveling I enjoy a nice nine holer to stretch my legs, so I'm thankful for thorough reviews like yours!

Recently, I've been putting some emphasis into reviewing really bad 9 holers as a Public Service Announcement so that people know what they are getting into. I always try to be gracious, but the sad reality is that there are some holes and courses that must change.

eric_vdberg has played 880+ courses and he focuses on reviewing the lesser reviewed, out of the way courses. Eric is certainly not a new player (and his wife has accomplished a few things in her own right). He influenced me to give more time to the out of the way places. He also pointed out that you vote for reviews based on "Was this review helpful?" and that changed my perspective. We are not voting on how well done the review is. Eric is busy with many disc golf projects, and with bagging new courses, so he focuses on just adding new information instead of writing thorough reviews that discuss every nuance (like some people I know do). It's just a different method.

That's why I like to review the ones with little or no reviews. I play everything I can and the more I can read up on them, the better off I am. I'm lucky up here, lots of great reviewers before I came along. Stardoggy, tallpaul, har0140 etc. showed me the way.

someone has to do the dirty work :thmbup:

I'm right there in the mud. I have 11 straight reviews for courses that are nine holes or less. Of those, nine were the first review for courses, so I feel I'm serving a purpose while bagging mediocre layouts.

A New Talent On The Rise

I've been consistently impressed with user DumfriesLizzie's reviews. Lizzie has a unique writing style and always incorporates personality into reviews, which serves to make them more interesting. If you haven't given them a look by now, I definitely recommend that you do so!

I'm right there in the mud. I have 11 straight reviews for courses that are nine holes or less. Of those, nine were the first review for courses, so I feel I'm serving a purpose while bagging mediocre layouts.

there is a special level of heaven for those of us that drive 100 miles to play a 9 holer with no reviews!

That's why I like to review the ones with little or no reviews. I play everything I can and the more I can read up on them, the better off I am. I'm lucky up here, lots of great reviewers before I came along. Stardoggy, tallpaul, har0140 etc. showed me the way.

My motto is "my favorite shot may be on some crappy course in the middle of nowhere, so I'll just play them all".

That motto gets paraphrased by me a lot...I need a less wordy version.

My motto is "my favorite shot may be on some crappy course in the middle of nowhere, so I'll just play them all".

That motto gets paraphrased by me a lot...I need a less wordy version.

How about "A bad day of disc golf is better than good day at work?"

Most of my glory moments are on some random course in the middle of nowhere.

We used to drive 2+ hours to play a new niner; simply because that was needed...back in the day...

So, I learned first hand, "crappy" niners often have redeeming qualities.

We would make that same trip, once or twice a year to play that niner again, because there just were not that many courses around at that time. Some of those would get played yet again; over the years, as other new courses were put in nearby.

How about "A bad day of disc golf is better than good day at work?"

Implied, my friend. If that's not the case, you're doing it wrong!

Most of my glory moments are on some random course in the middle of nowhere.

Heck yeah. And every once in a while you're awed when you come around a corner or up to a tee pad.

I've seen 4 recent nice reviews from Jah Plastifari - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=10615

i imagine this is their distance driver.
attachment.php

Attachments

• spagetti.jpg
    spagetti.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 206
I've seen 4 recent nice reviews from Jah Plastifari - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=10615

i imagine this is their distance driver.
attachment.php

Thanks for the mention! I'll try to get some more of the little/un reviewed inland northwest courses reviewed this summer. If the second course Paul Stiller is currently working on turns out to be good as or better than Caliber, our area will be on its way to becoming a DG destination.

It took me a sec to figure out the spaghetti reference. My intent was for it to read like Plasticfari without the c. Pastafari would be cool also, reminds me of one of my favorite restaurants in Ft. Collins, CO when I lived there, Rasta Pasta. It was just down the street from The Wrightlife.

It took me a sec to figure out the spaghetti reference. My intent was for it to read like Plasticfari without the c. Pastafari would be cool also, reminds me of one of my favorite restaurants in Ft. Collins, CO when I lived there, Rasta Pasta. It was just down the street from The Wrightlife.[/QUOTE]

There's also this (couldn't figure out how to post the great pictures accompanying it):

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Pastafarianism. Pastafarianism (a portmanteau of pasta and Rastafarianism) is a social movement that promotes a light-hearted view of religion and opposes the teaching of intelligent design and creationism in public schools.