• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

My Jack Russell's favorite toy is an XLsoft Ridge. It makes every trip to the dog park a field work session!

Pretty sure that before they made golf discs they made dog discs in a blend that is very soft, like XL Soft is. In fact, I think it is softer than XL Soft.
They did. And I believe they were made of pure rubber so that it would be less harmful to disc eating dogs.

Just got my first ace of the season today at Kaposia Park in Minny. I'm sure some of you are familiar with the course. Best part though >>> putter ace with a Ridge on the final hole of the course. Slight hyzer line up the hill toward the parking lot and all chains. It's always a ton of fun getting aces! #throwvibram

To all Vibram throwers with a dog!!

I have stumbled across a way to play fetch and practice disc golf!!! Without your dog messing up your disc!!

If you have or buy a soft x-link version of your favorite disc; this can double for a dog frisbee.

I use my dog to practice throwing my ibex over and over again. You can focus solely on your wrist snap or even your run up; doesn't matter to the dog because all he wants is to get the disc and bring it back; which is another reason why dogs are awesome.

I don't think Vibram thought about this when making the soft x-link, but it is a huge added bonus to the soft x-link.

I've been doing this for over a month now and I still haven't found a tooth mark on the disc, even when he chews it for a couple of seconds each time. We've even played tug of war a couple of times for a brief stint of time; still no damage.

Before I play I use this "method of fetch" to warm up my arm and stretch while he is getting the disc. When I start playing I usually throw my soft x-link disc two or three times before I play the hole I'm on, then play the hole.

I don't see a negative to this so I encourage all Vibram dog owners to give this a try, I have yet to be sorry

Only negative I see is if you bring your dog to a course and it 'fetches' someones disc.

Just got my first ace of the season today at Kaposia Park in Minny. I'm sure some of you are familiar with the course. Best part though >>> putter ace with a Ridge on the final hole of the course. Slight hyzer line up the hill toward the parking lot and all chains. It's always a ton of fun getting aces! #throwvibram

Congrats!

:hfive:

Hecks yeah - triple congrats man!

1.) Minnesota... :hfive:
2.) Vibram... :hfive:
3.) Nice long ACE with a putter, uphill! :hfive:

^^^Thanks guys! Yeah it was fun! Pumps up your game. Hopefully the 1st of many this year!

Hecks yeah - triple congrats man!

1.) Minnesota... :hfive:
2.) Vibram... :hfive:
3.) Nice long ACE with a putter, uphill! :hfive:

I'm there for all three - my Dad lives a mile or so from Kaposia - played it once last fall, looking forward to more rounds this summer.

Yet again my Vibram discs continue to amaze me. My Obex was holding up exceptionally well in fairly high crosswinds tonight during doubles at Lincoln Ridge Park. Furthermore, my Lace performed like a champ on hole 24, a 519' wide open down hill shot that is perfect to let a disc rip and watch it fly. My Lace launched out, turned just a tad before fading forward and coming to a stop about 30' past the basket. It was awesome how straight of a line it held for that distance.

Yet again my Vibram discs continue to amaze me. My Obex was holding up exceptionally well in fairly high crosswinds tonight during doubles at Lincoln Ridge Park. Furthermore, my Lace performed like a champ on hole 24, a 519' wide open down hill shot that is perfect to let a disc rip and watch it fly. My Lace launched out, turned just a tad before fading forward and coming to a stop about 30' past the basket. It was awesome how straight of a line it held for that distance.

Warship has been messing with my Ibex love.

I took them both out today, and the Ibex wins on approach; Warship is almost a fairway, so long and straight.

Both are great discs.

I took them both out today, and the Ibex wins on approach; Warship is almost a fairway, so long and straight.

Both are great discs.

I have never thrown a Warship, but I have heard good things about it. I thought I would never quit throwing Buzzzes, but then the Ibex pushed it out of my bag.

What kind of cross wind were you throwing in? I have been yearning for a Mobex because a headwind or the right crosswind has literally destroyed my Obex. I still love the Obex and oddly enough have been reaching for it much more than my Ibex. And I love the Ibex.

I was very surprised at how well my Trak was holding up against a 10-15mph headwind today. It was pretty awesome. I've been throwing the Trak better than my Teebird lately, so to know I can throw it in some wind.. makes me like it even more.

I was very surprised at how well my Trak was holding up against a 10-15mph headwind today. It was pretty awesome. I've been throwing the Trak better than my Teebird lately, so to know I can throw it in some wind.. makes me like it even more.

You picked another disc that kicks me in the wind. Perhaps my Trak got beat to a pulp but I thought Vibrams didn't beat in after their initial beat period. Maybe I am just becoming a stronger player. I am convinced that is not the case though.

You picked another disc that kicks me in the wind. Perhaps my Trak got beat to a pulp but I thought Vibrams didn't beat in after their initial beat period. Maybe I am just becoming a stronger player. I am convinced that is not the case though.

I'm with you man. I love my Vibram...each mold. But I can't get them to hold up to strong winds. I'm really excited about the OS Lace and can't wait to get the rest of their OS lineup so I can have an all rubber bag.

Both are great discs.

I was having that same issue last year. Ended up finding I could throw the exact same lines as my warship with the ibex, aside from the glide everything was the same.

Maybe he has one of the domier Traks that flies like a Teebird.

Latest posts